Boston, Massachusetts is the largest city in New England, and it's certainly one of the most attractive places for a honeymoon or romantic getaway in the northeast USA. Historic streets, beautiful parks and waterways, a fine harbor and of course, some excellent seafood make this a must-see romantic city.
Here's a quick guide to some of the top things to see and do for couples in the Boston area, as well as choices for romantic accommodation in the Boston area.
Best Time for a Romantic Getaway in Boston: it's a wonderful spot year-round, but mid-September to late October is an extra special time of year, with pleasant temps and brilliant Autumn colors.
Make your Boston romantic getaways and weekends unforgettable with this listing of romantic hotels in Boston, honeymoon suites, vacation rentals and B&B's...
Boston Romantic Hotel Packages:
1. Christopher Columbus Park – this downtown waterfront park is a romantic place in Boston where you can enjoy the breeze and watch the boats sail by. It's a great combination of city, park and harbor. (Richmond St & Atlantic Ave, Boston, MA)
2. Beacon Hill – take a stroll down the cobblestone lanes and past the historic row houses of this small & inviting square-mile of Boston neighborhood. Don't miss picturesque Acorn St, and the shops and cafes of Charles St. (Between Cambridge and Beacon Streets immediately north of Boston Common)
3. Charles River - particularly gorgeous on a bright autumn day, just find a nice relaxing spot by the water or one of the pedestrian bridges and observe all the hikers, joggers and sailors.
Beside the Trees and Ducks in Boston Common on an October Morning
4. Boston Swan Boats - cruising the waters of Boston Public Garden is a romantic thing to do on a summer day, but it's even more exciting on a boat with a giant swan on it! The 15 minute guided cruises are just $3, making it one of the cheapest Boston excursion on the water for couples. (4 Charles St, Boston, MA)
5. The Cheers Bar – touristy for sure, but if you're fans of the show, check out this local landmark. Be forewarned: only the exterior is true to the TV show, as the series was shot in L.A.! If you need to see a replica of the inside of the bar, see the Cheers Bar at Faneuil Hall. (84 Beacon St, Boston, MA)
Relaxing & Romantic Getaway to Cape Cod
The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel's - located in the heart of historic Provincetown, MA, this boutique inn is custom made for couples getaways to Cape Cod, with fireplaces, private balconies, in-room Jacuzzi tubs and made to order breakfasts. Explore their beautiful garden courtyard, take a romantic walk along the coastline, or check out the shops and fine dining nearby.
6. Newbury St - enjoy a cappuccino and some people watching from one of the great little sidewalk cafes on. A bit crowded though on summer weekends.
7. Ice Skating at Charles Hotel - a great spot for couples to put on the blades and hold hands during a winter getaway in Boston. Rentals available. (1 Bennett St, Boston, MA)
8. Ride the Ferry - The ferry from Long Wharf to the Charlestown Navy Yard is the cheap and perfect alternative to expensive harbor cruises (only $3), and a romantic way to see the Harbor.
9. Top of the Hub - enjoy dinner or just a dessert while taking in the view of Boston from 750 feet up. Like most restaurants high in the sky, although the elevator ride is free, you pay for the view when you eat. So if you'd like to go but are on a budget, we recommend just a mid-afternoon light snack from the appetizer menu, or a drink in the lounge before 8 PM, when a $24 per person minimum charge kicks in for tables. (800 Boylston St, Boston, MA)
10. Best Place to Propose in Boston - there are several proposal possibilities, but for atmosphere and a reasonable amount of privacy, we suggest one of the bridges that cross the Charles River.
*Based on TripAdvisor.com Ratings and Review from Couples as of May 2014