austin boutique hotels - stylish stays fot a great getaway
Romantic Vacations Home
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
By: Maureen Mattson, ERV Staff Writer, Posted: Nov 25, 2019.
You are unique. Your relationship is quirky and fun. Cookie-cutter chain hotels are just not for you. You’re more into individually decorated guest rooms with upscale decor and local art work. You like small hotels with fun restaurants and bars featuring live music. You want bike rentals for exploring the area together, and a distinctive offbeat vibe. Sounds like a boutique hotel stay is in order.
Austin Texas is also quirky and fun. Its natural beauty, as well as the food and music scene, as well as laid-back “live and let live” philosophy draw lots of vacationing couples each year. So, here are some ideas for unique, one-of-a-kind stays at 12 hip boutique hotels in Austin.
Disclaimer: JACUZZI® is a registered
trademark owned by Jacuzzi Inc. The use of the JACUZZI® trademark on this
website is for informational purposes only. There is no relationship,
connection or affiliation between this website and Jacuzzi Inc. or its related
companies. Hotel rooms and amenities can change, and may not be exactly as shown, so please contact the hotel or inn before making travel plans.
downtown Austin boutique hotels
Lakeview Studio Spa Suite - Hotel Van Zandt
Boutique Style at the Hotel Van Zandt
- Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt - This downtown Austin gem has a musical theme (fitting for the live music capital of the world!). Trombone-shaped chandeliers, LPs spinning on old-style turntables and live music is all part of the fun. As with all Kimpton's, there’s a hosted wine hour each afternoon, and complimentary coffee or tea service in the morning. Grab a bike and ride along the nearby trails, or just a block over to popular Rainey Street. And don’t miss Sunday brunch! The rooftop pool has cabanas and a bar service, as well views of downtown Austin and Lady Bird Lake. Ask about in-room spa services and/or having flowers, chocolates or champagne sent to the room. 2020 ERV Rating* for Austin Boutique Hotels: 84% - Very Good. (605 Davis St, Austin TX 512-542-5300)
Simple & Elegant - Hotel Ella
- Hotel Ella Austin Boutique Hotel - An historic Greek revival style mansion now expressing itself as a modern boutique hotel. With its 47 rooms, wrap-around veranda, local art work, and quaint courtyard pool, the Ella is a perfect Austin boutique hotel getaway. The downtown location, close to charming neighbourhoods, is both convenient and perfect for walking, biking and sightseeing. Whether it’s the Sunday brunch buffet, weekend afternoon tea, or or room service served on the balcony, Hotel Ella has your gourmet needs covered too. 2020 ERV Rating* for Affordable Austin Boutique Hotels: 86% - Very Good. (1900 Rio Grande St, Austin TX 512-495-1800)
Bedroom at the Driskill Hotel
- The Driskill - From its prime downtown location, this historic inn has exuded elegance since 1886. Luxury suites are full of character and history, featuring 10-foot tall stained glass windows, fireplaces, JACUZZI® Tubs, private balconies, floor-to-ceiling windows, vaulted ceilings and handcrafted antiques. There are three restaurants, and live music is part of the charm. Afternoon tea with finger sandwiches, petite fours and sparkling wine is served daily in the opulent lobby. 2020 ERV Rating* for Boutique Hotels in Austin, Texas: 82% - Very Good. (604 Brazos St. Austin TX 512-439-1234)
austin boutique hotels - south congress
Pool at the Hotel San Jose, Austin
- Hotel San Jose - With it’s retro-motel feel, it’s not surprising the San Jose has been around since 1936. But it’s now described as an “urban bungalow-style hotel’ with a unique vibe. The lush gardens and courtyard cocktail lounge along with dense vines crawling along the exterior provide a sense of seclusion, even though the hotel is just a few short blocks from downtown and upscale shops and restaurants. The 40 rooms are “minimalist-chic” and feature concrete floors, vintage concert posters, and funky one-of-a-kind pieces. Some suites have outside entrances and garden or patio access. Kimono-style bathrobes and high-end bath products, a heated pool, and bike rentals are the icing on the cake. 2020 ERV Rating* for Austin SoCo Boutique Hotels: 80% - Very Good. (1316 S Congress Ave, Austin TX 512-444-7322)
St Cecilia Boutique Hotel in SOCO Austin
- Hotel Saint Cecilia - St. Cecilia is the patron saint of music and poetry, and this 1880s estate property pays tribute to the music scene from the 1960’s and 70’s. Borrow a Shinola bike, a guitar or vintage LP to play on your in-room turntable sound system. Ask about in-room spa services too. There are five uniquely styled suites, six pool-side bungalows and three studios with private terraces. And it’s all set in a secluded garden with a huge oak tree. The heated lap pool is open 24 hours, and pool-side dining is available. The location in the heart of Austin’s South Congress District is just a short walk from great food and night life. 2020 ERV Rating* for Luxury Austin South Congress Boutique Hotels: 88% - Very Good. (112 Academy Dr, Austin TX 512-852-2400)
Chic & Stylish Room at the South Congress Hotel, Austin TX
- South Congress Hotel - Right in the heart of Austin’s iconic South Congress shopping, dining and entertainment district, this boutique hotel allows you to walk almost anywhere you want to go. Guest rooms and suites have a variety of different perks, including scenic views of historic Travis Heights, rainfall shower heads, custom bathrobes, deep soaking tubs and Apple TV. Onsite restaurants, coffee shop, lobby bar, gym and rooftop pool come together for a perfect romantic getaway in Austin. 2020 ERV Rating* for Stylish Austin Boutique Hotels: 88% - Very Good. (1603 S Congress Ave, Austin TX 512-920-6405)
See also on erv:
- Texas Hill Country Romantic B&B's
More boutique hotels in austin...
Suite at the Lonestar Court
- Lonestar Court - Located in the hip Domain neighbourhood of Austin, Lonestar Court is perfectly situated to showcase what Austin is all about. It’s an eclectic combination of retro and modern with live music, fire pits, and a pool that will remind you of long summers at the local swimming hole. The 123 rooms, some with wrap-around porches and rocking chairs, full-sized refrigerators with treats, as well as the lush courtyard, fitness centre, complimentary breakfast and bike rentals will keep you comfortable and the romance alive. Be sure to check out the Glamping Package! 2020 ERV Rating* for Austin Boutique Hotels: 94% - Excellent. (10901 Domain Dr, Austin, TX 512-814-2625)
Small Austin Boutique Hotel - The Heywood
- Heywood Hotel - Think of the Heywood as a cool indie hotel with 7 unique rooms, a great East Austin downtown location and award-winning architecture. They’ve also got a bunch of free stuff: wifi and parking, morning coffee and tea service, bike rentals, and room fridges with two free locally-brewed beers! Rooms feature custom-made beds, reclaimed hardwood floors, high ceilings, and local artwork. Take a seat together on the patio upstairs or the front porch swings and watch the Austin street scene. 2020 ERV Rating* for Austin Boutique Hotels: 96% - Excellent. (1609 E Cesar Chavez St, Austin TX 512-271-5522)
SoCo's Kimber Modern Hotel
- Kimber Modern Hotel - A 7-room designer boutique hotel in South Congress built around heritage oak trees providing shade and privacy. Relax on the courtyard deck with it's comfortable seating, hammocks, 25-foot tall water feature and firebox. Help yourself to breakfast items, snacks, coffee, wine and beer in the common area. Plush robes, floor-to-ceiling windows, free-standing soaker tubs and private patios make the Kimber truly romantic one of Austin's top-rated honeymoon hotels. 2020 ERV Rating* for Austin Boutique Hotels: 98% - Excellent. (110 The Cir, Austin TX 512-985-9990)
Unique Rooms at the Archer Hotel
- Archer Hotel - The eight-storey, 171 room Archer Hotel is described as both “Texas chic” and “rustic-luxe”. It’s located in the super-cool, park-like “Domain” district of Austin, amidst exclusive fashion and culinary destinations. Floor-to-ceiling murals, four-poster canopy-draped beds, limestone fireplaces and private balconies make the suites a true romantic indulgence. There’s a gym and neighbouring day spa, as well as bike rentals, and the outdoor pool deck has massive TV screen. Nightly turndown service and handmade salted caramels are pretty appealing too. 2020 ERV Rating* for Austin Boutique Hotels: 94% - Excellent. (3121 Palm Way, Austin TX 512-836-5700)
Music & Style - The W Hotel, Austin
- W Austin - If you like the Austin City Limits, W. Austin (for “West Austin”) is the boutique hotel for you. The famed music venue is right next door and provides easy access during your stay. This area is also part of the posh Second Street District, which is home to over 250 theatres, music venues and night clubs. There’s a fun rooftop pool and bar, and several dining options. A gym with great views of downtown and spa are perfect for getting some “me time” (or couple time) before a night on the town. Several hip and fun room options are available. 2020 ERV Rating* for Austin Boutique Hotels: 86% - Very Good. (200 Lavaca St, Austin TX 512-542-3600)
Pool Loungers at the LINE, Austin
The LINE Austin - The Line was once a 1960’s jazz club that has been redesigned into a trendy boutique hotel. With four restaurants (including a rooftop bar), as well as an infinity pool and fitness centre, it’s got your needs covered. Situated close to the popular Lady Bird Lake, it’s truly a scenic location, and the lobby lounge takes full advantage with floor-to-ceiling windows. Select room and suites have fantastic city and lake views as well. Rooms feature local artist’s work, well-stocked minibars, free wifi and bike rentals. 2020 ERV Rating* for Austin Boutique Hotels: 74% - Good. (111 E Cesar Chavez St, Austin TX 512-478-9611)
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based on social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
√ COVID Safety Plan: identifies hotels and inns that clearly indicate they are taking measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages