A Dream Honeymoon in Belgium - Romantic Hotel Suites, Inns & Things for Couples to Do
FTC Disclosure: If you make a purchase through a link on this page, we receive a small commission at no cost to you. We only recommend hotels we have used ourselves or researched thoroughly.
Romantic Vacations Home
Romantic Honeymoon Spots
By Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Aug 19, 2016
Beautiful Belgium is one of the most underrated honeymoon destinations in Europe. From unforgettable Brussels and Bruges to the river valleys of the Ardennes in Southern Belgium, a romantic vacation in this part of Northern Europe would be a fitting encore to any storybook romance.
Belgium is an excellent getaway by itself, or as part of a romantic break along with nearby Northern France, Germany or the Netherlands. We made it part of a vacation itinerary that included Amsterdam and the Western edge of Germany near Dusseldorf.
Here’s a brief look at some romantic vacations in Belgium, including places to see, things to do, and hotels and packages for a wonderful anniversary or honeymoon in Belgium.
Honeymoon Hotels & Suites in Belgium
Bruges: Hotel Heritage – we loved this perfect honeymoon hotel in medieval Bruges, which is one of Belgium's most romantic spots. The rooms include chandeliers and large screen LCD TV, and some of the deluxe ones include whirlpool tubs. There's even an an iPad in each room for guests to use!
A sauna and Turkish steam bath are available, plus you can rent bikes from reception or just relax on the sundeck and enjoy the views of this romantic city in Northern Belgium.
- What Other Couples Said: "A True Gem"..."Personal Touch & Attention to Detail"..."Pretty Little Town, Pretty Little Hotel, Great Experience". 2014 Rating* for Bruges, Belgium Honeymoon Hotels: 95% of Couples Rate It Excellent/Very Good. (Niklaas Desparsstraat 11, 8000 Brugge, Belgium +32 0 50 444 444)
Brussels: Welcome Hotel - this award-winning honeymoon hotel is located in the heart of Brussels, and just a few minutes walk to the Grand Place and the Manneken-Pis. Some of the rooms include a spa tub, while all of them offer free flat-screen TV's and WiFi, and are romantically themed around destinations the travel-loving innkeepers have visited, like Kenya, Bali, China and Egypt.
- What Other Couples Said: "Charming, Quirky Rooms"..."Very Clean, Maid Service, Free Breakfast"..."Romantic Theme Rooms". 2014 Rating* for Romantic Inns in Brussels: 87% of Couples Rate It Excellent/Very Good. (23 Quai du bois à brûler 1000 Brussels + 32 2 219 95 46)
Antwerp: De Witte Lelie - this small and very romantic 17th Century Antwerp boutique hotel enjoys a great central Antwerp location on cobble stoned Keizerstraat. Rooms and suites (only 10 of them) include luxury bath products and complimentary Belgian Beer (!), while the spacious Presidential Suite with it's open fireplace is all ready for your honeymoon in Belgium.
- What Other Couples Said: "Lovely Boutique Hotel"...."Slept Very Well in the Quiet Flower Suite"..."Sightseeing in Antwerp Just Steps Away". 2014 Rating* for Romantic Antwerp Hotels: 85% of Couples Rate It Excellent/Very Good. (Keizerstraat 16 2000 Antwerp +32 3 226 19 66)
Belgium Honeymoon Packages
Honeymoon in Belgium at the Hotel Metropole in Brussels - their honeymoon package includes 2 nights in a executive room, choice of breakfasts with an "served in-room" option, romantic dinner, champagne, rose petals on arrival, and a late check-out.
Radisson Blu Balmoral Hotel - the romance package at this Ardennes hotel would make any Belgium honeymoon vacation memorable, with welcome champagne, access to wellness spa, 2 deluxe dinners and a buffet breakfast.
Romantic Places to See on Your Honeymoon in Belgium
- Dinant - gorgeous little town tucked away in the fairytale land of the Southern Ardennes. Wonderful scenery of rolling hills and valleys can be even more appreciated with one of several boat trips available locally. A top choice for a romantic place to propose or get married in Belgium.
- Bruges - cruise the canals, go chocolate tasting (try the friendly Dumon Chocolatier), explore the medieval backstreets by foot or bike, or make the 366-step climb up the Belfry for amazing views.
- Spa - take a dip in one of the thermal springs, or go for a relaxing walk through town and step into the world's oldest Casino.
- Brussels - see the captivating Grand Place (one of the most beautiful market squares in Europe), check out the famous monuments or enjoy some fine romantic dining in Belgium's largest city.
- Ghent - explore some of the artists, shops and places to eat in the City Center or historic Patershol neighborhood, and enjoy the views over the canal from gorgeous St. Michael's Bridge.
- Antwerp – how can a town that is the diamond capital of Europe not be romantic?
*ERV Rating for Couples: our unique, non-scientific rating formula for romantic hotels which includes:
- Romantic Amenities: such as an in-suite JACUZZI® tub or Whirlpool bath, scenic view, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families with kids, business travelers, etc)
with Couples & Honeymooners: based on variety of social media & crowd-sourced reviews.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages