romantic getaways in sydney nsw - hotel suites, 2020 honeymoon packages
Romantic Vacations Home
Sydney NSW Australia
Great Beaches & Oceanfront Make Any Romantic Getaway in Sydney Irresistible
By: Maureen Mattson, ERV Staff Writer - Posted Nov 18, 2019
FTC: This ERV page uses affiliate links. More.
There’s lots to love about Sydney. From the world-class beaches and iconic harbour to the vibrant neighborhoods and ethnic restaurants, every couple planning a romantic getaway at this exciting destination on Australia's east coast can make memories to last a lifetime.
Below, see our collection of Sydney's best hotels, as well as 2020 romantic packages, excursions and honeymoon ideas to make your getaway to Sydney the best ever.
Romantic Hotels in Sydney
ADGE Hotel Sydney
Spacious Living Room at the ADGE Hotel in Sydney
ADGE Hotel Bedroom
Lobby of the ADGE Hotel, Sydney
- ADGE Apartment Hotel - Close to Crowne Street, Hyde Park, Central train station and shopping, the top-rated ADGE is a bright, quirky and fun boutique hotel. Full kitchen, laundry and spacious deck add comfort to a great location.
2019 ERV Rating* for Sydney NSW Romantic Hotels: 98% - Excellent.
(222 Riley Street, Surry Hills, Sydney NSW 61-2-8249-2228)
Romantic Spicers in Potts Point, NSW
- Spicers Potts Point - Twenty guest rooms in 1880s Victorian townhouses surrounded by shops, restaurants and the vibrancy of Potts Point. A generous breakfast, as well as evening cocktails and canapés are complimentary. The Victoria Terrace room is a fine honeymoon choice, and features a fireplace and private terrace overlooking leafy Victoria Street. 2019 ERV Rating* for Sydney Romantic Inns: 92% - Excellent. (120-124 Victoria St, Potts Point, Sydney NSW 61-1300-525-442)
Bedroom - Simpson Potts Point
- Simpsons Of Potts Point - A completely charming 12-bedroom boutique B&B inside a restored 1892 Victorian home on a quiet residential street. Ideally located in fashionable and fun Potts Point, yet just a short walk to Sydney Harbour, Botanical Gardens and Opera House. 2019 ERV Rating* for Sydney NSW Romantic Small Hotels: 96% - Excellent. (8 Challis Ave, Potts Point, Sydney NSW 61-2-8188-4730)
- Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour - This beautifully restored heritage building, originally constructed in 1888, was once a wool store. It’s now a 90-room boutique hotel featuring high ceilings, exposed brick, reclaimed timber, and the work of local artists. Rates include continental breakfast, WIFI, mini bar, daily social hour with wine and snacks, laundry facilities and gym access. And all the fun of Darling Harbour is only a short walk away! 2019 ERV Rating for Romantic Sydney Hotels: 96% - Excellent. (39 Murray St, Pyrmont NSW 61-2-8586-1888)
sydney romantic hotel packages
Book a Romantic Sydney Hotel Package for an Unforgettable Honeymoon or Anniversary
- Romantic Honeymoon Cottage Near Sydney - just 1 hour from Sydney in the Blue Mountains, these cottages offer jetted tubs and fireplaces, and a romantic package with gourmet breakfast supplies, champagne, chocolates and flowers.
Romantic things to do in sydney
Fabulous Cliff Walk in Sydney
- Bronte to Bondi Coastal Cliff Walk - Explore this terrific cliff top trail for 4 KM's along the rugged coast of Sydney's Eastern Suburbs. Stop to swim in the ocean pools, eat at one of the trendy cafes, ponder the art exhibits or just take in the spectacular views. Plan on 3 to 4 hours total time.
Walk Around Sydney Harbour at Night
- Sydney Harbour & The Rocks - The Rocks is a historic neighborhood of cobblestone laneways and near Sydney Harbour Bridge. It’s made up of open-air markets, street food stalls handmade fashions and artisan crafts. The harbourfront promenade is bustling with street performers, pubs and lively celebrations.
View of the City from Darling Harbour
- Darling Harbour - Check out the shops and pubs, take a seat on the dockside steps and watch the cruise ships and street performers. There’s a free fireworks show over the harbour most Saturday nights and the view of the city is amazing.
Outside Terrace at the Lobster Tail
- Westfield Bondi Junction - Grab lunch at Lobster Tail Seafood Restaurant inside the Westfield Bondi Junction Mall and head to the outdoor terrace for great views of the harbour and city. In the evening, nearby Centennial Park has an outdoor Moonlight Cinema. (500 Oxford St, Bondi Junction NSW)
Ferry Leaving Circular Quay for Manly
- Ferry to Manly - Take a 30 minute ferry ride across the harbour from Circular Quay to the north shore beach district of Manly. It's is one of Australia’s most famous beaches, and the site of the very first world surfing championship. Besides soaking up the sun and sand, you can take a boat cruise, grab a picnic lunch or explore the cafes and boutique shops that make up the hidden lanes of this romantic beachside community. (Wharf No. 3, Circular Quay, Sydney NSW)
Sydney Tower Eye
- Sydney Tower Eye - It’s the tallest building in Sydney and the observation deck is 250 meters (820 feet) above the street. Elevator up for unparalleled 360 degree views of the city. Like many things, it’s particularly romantic to see at sunset. (100 Market St, Sydney NSW 61-1800-258-693)
- Newtown - Don't miss a chance to explore the bohemian neighborhood of Newtown, including King Street with its vintage clothing stores and indie book shops. Or Check out Oxford Street with its heritage buildings, shops and nightlife. (Located 4 KM's SW of Downtown Sydney)
- BridgeClimb Sydney - Oprah made it famous in 2010, but over 4 million people have done it! Climb 134 meters (440 feet) above sea level and take in unforgettable views. (3 Cumberland St, The Rocks NSW 61-1300-90-80-57)
Romantic excursions from sydney
Dramatic and Romantic Blue Mountains
- Blue Mountains National Park - Designated a World Heritage Site since 2000, and only an hour and a half drive west of Sydney, the Blue Mountains are a must-see. This rainforest area is full of hiking trails, cliffs, deep valleys and unique wildlife. Take a glass-bottomed cable car ride, tour the Jenolan Caves, visit the Botanic Gardens, or take the Cliff Top walking track.
View from Echoes Boutique Hotel
- Echoes Boutique Hotel - Stunning views from every room, with amenities that include private sauna and spa, and an upstairs restaurant. Be sure to take advantage of the Weekend Cocktails at Sunset from the outdoor terrace. The perfect romantic getaway from Sydney. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Blue Mountains Hotels: 80% - Very Good. (3 Lilianfels Ave, Echo Point, Katoomba NSW 61-2-4782-1966)
Hunter Valley Wine Tasting Near Sydney
- Hunter Valley Wine Tasting - Just 2 hours north of Sydney, and a favorite with honeymooners in Australia. With over 150 wineries, gourmet restaurants, spa retreats, concerts and festivals, combined with inspiring views and wildlife, this area is great for a romantic excursion from Sydney. Other highlights of the area include hot air balloon rides, touring a cheese factory, or taking a gourmet cooking class.
Chateau Elan, Hunter Valley NSW
- Chateau Elan - Spa suites, one bedroom apartments or private villas are available, all having balconies or terraces overlooking the fairways of adjoining Vintage Golf Resort. There’s an onsite restaurant, and the hotel is close to wineries and other dining options. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Hunter Valley Hotels: 88% - Very Good. (Vintage Dr, Pokolbin NSW 61-2-4998-2500)
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific rating formula for romantic hotels which includes:
- Romantic Amenities: suites with an in-room Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families with kids, business travelers, etc)
with Couples & Honeymooners: based on variety of social media & crowd-sourced reviews.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages