Ohio Honeymoon Packages & Hotels for an Affordable Newlywed Getaway
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
Romantic Vacations Home
By: Maureen Mattson, ERV Staff Writer - Updated: May 4, 2020
We highly recommend Ohio not only for romantic getaways, but also as a Midwest honeymoon destination. So here we've zeroed in on a number of honeymoon spots in Ohio, and some terrific hotels for your newlywed overnights.
We've also selected some activities and things to do in Ohio especially for couples. Have a great honeymoon!
Columbus, OH Honeymoon Hotels & Packages
King Room at the Hilton Columbus Downtown
Rooftop Pool at the Renaissance Columbus Hotel
- Hilton Columbus Downtown - in a great location for honeymooners who would like to see the city. It’s got an indoor pool and a great bistro with French-inspired cuisine. Upgrade to a suite or executive room for even more romance. (Hint: Ask about the Bed and Breakfast package) 2016 Rating* for Romantic Columbus OH Hotels: 87% of Couples Rate It Excellent/Very Good. (401 N. High St, Columbus OH 614-384-8600)
Columbus, OH B&B Honeymoon
Hawthorne Park B&B in Columbus
Room at the Hawthorne Park B&B
- Hawthorne Park Bed and Breakfast - the perfect Honeymoon inn, with cozy fireplaces in their tastefully-themed rooms. Contact the inn directly for more details on their romantic honeymoon packages in Columbus. 2018 ERV Rating* for Columbus, OH Romantic B&B's: 98% - Excellent. (1616 Hawthorne Park, Columbus OH 614-372-5507)
Things to Do on Your Honeymoon in Columbus:
- Short North - a trendy neighborhood in Columbus with an interesting history. Check out the specialty shops and galleries or restaurants and make sure to see the 17 lighted arches the city installed across High Street. This area gets quite busy on weekends, especially during special events like the “Gallery Hop”.
- North Market - located at 59 Spruce Street, it’s been going strong since 1876 and is a true public market. See the 30 merchants selling organic produce, sustainable seafood, coffee, ethnic specialties and gifts.
- German Village - another historical downtown area. Interesting shops and restaurants line this 19th century immigrant area and historic preservation.
- 480 East Town Street - you’ll find a fascinating topiary garden here. It’s an interpretation of a famous painting by Georges Seurat, and includes boats, dogs and 12-foot-tall people all made from the landscape. Admission is free and it’s open from April to November on Tuesdays and weekends.
Cincinnati Honeymoon Hotels, B&B's & Packages
Bedroom at Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown
Rooftop Terrace - Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown
- Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown - a Marriott Hotel in the historic Phelps Building. It’s easy walking distance to many great honeymoon spots, like the Tower at Queen City Square, Fountain Square and the Taft Museum. There’s a rooftop terrace (seasonal) with great city views, and you get a free breakfast. All suites have fully-equipped kitchens so you can stay in if you wish, but there’s a restaurant and bar in the lobby, and great places to eat close by. 2016 ERV Rating* for Romantic Cincinnati OH Hotels: 99% - Excellent. (506 East 4th St, Cincinnati OH 513-651-1234)
- Symphony Hotel and Restaurant - this top-rated B&B has been called “A hidden gem” in the city. It’s a unique way to honeymoon for those who love they symphony or great opera. In historic Over the Rhine, near the Cincinnati Music Hall, this building used to be someone’s mansion home. It’s now a quirky 9-suite boutique hotel and restaurant where each room is named and themed for a famous composer. From Bach to Schubert, these elegant rooms are full of antiques and musical décor. Breakfast is included, and there is live jazz on Friday and Saturday nights. On Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, a 5-course pre-concert gourmet dinner is served in the Symphony Restaurant. Hint: The Beach room (named for American composer, Amy Beach) has a beautiful 4-poster bed and private bathroom. 2016 ERV Rating* for Romantic Cincinnati OH B&B's: 95% - Excellent. (210 West 14th St, Cincinnati OH 513-721-3353)
- Radisson Cincinnati Riverfront Romance Package - package includes overnight accommodation, chilled bottle of champagne, breakfast for 2, and a gift certificate for dinner at 360, one of the few remaining revolving restaurants anywhere in the U.S.!
A Special View for Your Ohio Honeymoon:
Cincinnati Honeymoon Activities
- Leaf Peeping - if your Ohio honeymoon takes place in the autumn, make sure to build in scenic fall foliage drives. There’s a lot to see, but we recommend the Ohio River Scenic Byway (southeast on Highway 52) and the Red River Gorge Scenic Byway.
- Observation Deck of Carew Tower - the best view of the city! Admission is only $2 for adults and $1 for children and on a clear day you can see for miles.
- BB Riverboat Lunch or Dinner Cruise - a romantic outing for Ohio honeymoons between May and September. You may want to ask about the specialty adult-only cruises, which offer beer and wine tasting.
Bedroom at the Marriott Metropolitan at the 9
Metropolitan at the 9 Walk-in Shower & Soaker Tub
- Marriott Metropolitan at the 9 - this romantic Cleveland hotel is right downtown, close to the entertainment district, and has some pretty darn cool features to offer. We hope you are not planning to bring Fido on the honeymoon, but if you do, this place is so pet-friendly, they’ve got the only indoor dog park around! There are plenty of dining options, including a prohibition-style “speakeasy” and live entertainment. Be sure to take in Happy Hour at the Azure Sun Lounge if the weather is good, and get some great city views from way up high. The Vault is also not to be missed, as it’s cleverly designed from the original vaults in this building. Speaking of views, ask about the RSRV Suite on the top floor. If that’s not available, check out the bathrooms in the king suites. Wow! 2016 ERV Rating* for Cleveland Honeymoon Hotels: 85% - Very Good. (2017 East 9th St, Cleveland OH 216-239-1200)
- Wallace Manor Bed and Breakfast - a more intimate option for Cleveland Honeymoons, this 1880’s inn on Franklin Road lets you a step back in time, with a Men’s or Lady’s parlor, library, etc. All four of the rooms are honeymoon-worthy, but the Blair Room has double shower heads and the Cleveland Room has a walk-in shower. There’s an outdoor hot tub and an elegant dining room where you’ll be served a gourmet breakfast. 2016 ERV Rating* for Cleveland Honeymoon B&B's: 99% - Excellent. (4724 Franklin Blvd, Cleveland OH 216-961-6298)
- Cleveland, OH Romance & Honeymoon Packages - the Renaissance Cleveland offers up a champagne & strawberries arrival for the you at their romantic downtown Cleveland hotel, followed the next morning by breakfast for 2 at their eclectic Sans Souci restaurant.
Honeymooner To-Do List in Cleveland
- Check Out The Ritz Carlton Lobby Lounge (1515 West 3rd St) - Every weekend at 6 pm the Lobby Lounge on the 6th floor transforms into a tea party. You don’t have to be a guest at the Ritz to take part, but reservations are recommended. Sip champagne or dink tea while snacking on a variety of pastries and finger sandwiches. During the month of February, this is a particularly popular thing to do, as they go all out with chocolate teas.
- Visit Rockefeller Park Greenhouse (750 East 88th Street) - Stroll through a variety of specialty gardens both, indoor and out, and take in the beauty of exotic and native plants. Some of the highlights are the orchid and tropical plant exhibits, Japanese gardens, and spring bulb displays. There’s even a rainforest with citrus trees. It’s not crowded and admission is free.
- Watch the Sunset over Lake Erie - Edgewater State Park or Mentor Headlands Beach are prime locations.
- Hang out on Larchmere Boulevard - on Cleveland’s east side is full of interesting antique shops and bookstores, craft shops and cool places to eat. It’s a fun and romantic area to walk hand in hand and see what you can find together.
- Do Some Serious Sipping - Check out one of the quirky Cleveland Wine Bars(Such as the Market Avenue Wine Bar, which also serves great hors d’oeuvres and desserts) or sample wines at one of the wineries just east of the city. A one-hour drive takes you to Geneva-on-the-Lake where you can do some mighty-fine tasting at the Lakehouse Inn Winery.
Ohio Honeymoon Cabin Vacations
Romantic Log Cabin in Hocking Hills, OH
Private Deck & Hot Tub for Your Ohio Honeymoon
- Hocking Hills Ohio Honeymoon Cabin Rentals - full selection of romantic log cabins, cottages and vacation rentals in Ohio's honeymoon wonderland of Hocking Hills. Experience the best of this slice of Midwest wilderness while enjoying amenities like hot tub, fireplace, private deck and more.
Hocking Hills, OH Honeymoon Activities
- Moonlight on the River - Book a romantic torchlight tour on the Hocking River. Tour companies like Hocking Hills Adventures or Hocking Hills Canoe Livery can look after it all for you. Go for two hours to two days and take it all in.
- Planes, Trains & Zip Lines - Take a scenic railway tour on a historic train or if you’re really adventurous, try the scenic airplane tour from New Plymouth. There are also three zipline opportunities (Valley Zipline tours, Hocking Hills Canopy tours and Soaring Cliffs)
- Champagne & Hot Air - Sip some bubbly on a private air balloon ride for two (see the website for Hocking Hills Hot Air Ballooning)
- Scenic Drives - Drive the Hocking Hill’s scenic byways or create a route of your own along the winding roads and unforgettable views. Stop at one of the wineries or distilleries and do some antiquing along the way.
Honeymoons in Amish Country, OH
Donna's Honeymoon Inn in Berlin OH
Heart-Shaped Whirlpool Tub - Donna's, Berlin OH
- Donna’s Premier Honeymoon Lodging in Berlin, Ohio - There are 17 romantic accommodations here at Donna’s, each with an in-room whirlpool and fireplace. You can pick from cottages, villas and suites, but for your honeymoon, may we suggest the larger of the two bridal suites. It features a red, heart-shaped jetted tub for two, stone fireplace, small kitchen, and outdoor deck. Romantic additions, such as chocolates, and in-room massages can also be arranged. Ask about the Honeymoon Package when booking your stay. 2016 ERV Rating* for Ohio Amish Country Honeymoon B&B's: 95% - Excellent. (5523 East St, Berlin OH 330-893-3068)
Things to Do on a Amish Country Honeymoon
- See Berlin - welcome to Ohio’s oldest Amish settlement and there are plenty of things to do during your stay. Try an Amish Heartland tour, where you get to eat real Amish food and take a buggy ride or see inside a schoolhouse. Catch the Amish Country Theatre show or listen to live music in the city square (Friday nights from June to September)
- Mohican Valley Trail - this romantic 4.5 mile leisurely hike is a walk you’ll be glad you took when you come at last to the Bridge of Dreams, Ohio's longest covered bridge. Take in the wildflowers and birdsong and get some memorable photographs.
NW Ohio Honeymoons
Belamere Suites Honeymoon Hotel Rooms in Ohio
Whirlpool Tub with Romantic Lighting
- Belamere Suites Hotel - an adults-only boutique hotel in Perrysburg, OH ideal for honeymooners. Each room has a private entrance and personal garage, fireplace, Whirlpool tub, and 2-person walk-in shower. How about a 2-level indoor swimming pool suite, in-room sauna, or 3-sided fireplace right at the foot of your bed? Get a catered, European breakfast delivered to your room at the time of your choosing, or arrange for a couple’s massage. 2016 ERV Rating* for NW Ohio Honeymoon Inns: 96% - Excellent. (12200 Williams Rd, Perrysburg OH 419-874-2233)
Northwest Ohio Honeymoons - Toledo, Sandusky & Port Clinton Activities
- Theaters & Gardens: See what’s on at the Valentine Theater in Toledo. They do Broadway shows and symphony performances throughout the year. If you'd rather stay outside, the Toledo Botanical Garden is worth a look. They've got live musical performances during the summer months and admission is free.
- Sunset on the Water: The Sandpiper Riverboat offers cruises starting from and returning to a cool little area called the Docks. Try one at sunset.
- Be Amused or Go For a Cruise: If you like amusement parks, Cedar Point ranks right up there with the best rollercoasters in the world. In fact, there are 17 of them here! Or, hit the Great Lakes and try a Goodtime Lake Erie cruise to visit Kelley’s Island or Put-In Bay for a few hours.
- NW Ohio Wine: Hermes Vineyard is a fun place to sample food and wine from a rustic converted barn. Sometimes you can even catch live music.
- Shops & Short Hops: Explore the downtown shops, galleries, pubs and restaurants. Then take your car up Lakeshore Drive and tour the lighthouse in Marblehead. Keep in mind that most shops and attractions there are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Wildlife: Drive through the African Safari Wildlife Park (summer only) where you can meet and feed African animals from your car.
- Jet Over the Waves: Take the Jet Express, passenger-only catamaran to Put-In Bay or Kelley’s Island. Both areas are worth seeing.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based on social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages