Romantic Getaways in Ohio - Hotels, Cabins, Things to do
Romantic Vacations Home
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
Couple Watching the Sun Make a "Romantic Getaway" on Ohio's Lake Erie Shoreline
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Dec 14, 2019
Got romantic travel in Ohio on your to-do list? You'll love the great mix of cities, country and shoreline in the Buckeye State. And Ohio is known for it's very romantic cabins, inns and B&B's. Let's get to it...
Best Time to Visit Ohio: as with much of the U.S. midwest, spring and fall are ideal. Autumn in particular is a really romantic time to be here as the autumn colors (usually around mid-October) are fantastic throughout much of the state.
Columbus Ohio Romantic Getaways
Hot Tub Suite - Hilton Garden Inn Columbus
- Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris - enjoy your romantic weekend in Columbus at this Hilton with their in-room jetted Whirlpool tubs, HDTV, luxury robes, and on-site lounge and restaurant. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Hotels in Columbus Ohio: 80% - Very Good. (8535 Lyra Dr, Columbus OH 614-846-8884)
Hawthorne Park B&B in Columbus
- Hawthorne Park B&B - Columbus' most romantic inn has cozy fireplaces in their tastefully-themed rooms, and romantic packages for honeymoons or anniversaries can be arranged by contacting the inn directly. 2019 ERV Rating* for Columbus Ohio Romantic B&B's: 98% - Excellent. (1616 Hawthorne Park, Columbus OH 614-372-5507)
Things to Do in Columbus
Going for a Walk Along South Civic Center Dr
Lots to Eat at North Market in Columbus
- Romantic Things to Do in Columbus - don't miss the German Village & Brewery District, best described as an “outdoor museum” of antique shops, historic homes, brick sidewalks and fine restaurants. Tucked away there is the Book Loft of German Village (631 S 3rd St, Columbus), certainly one of the coolest book shops in the midwest. There's some delicious ethnic eats at the North Market (59 Spruce St, Columbus OH), and for a romantic stroll, head along South Civic Center drive towards Bicentennial Park for some nice views of the city and Scioto River. See Also: Romantic Hotel Whirlpool Suites in Columbus.
Romantic Getaways in Ohio Cabins
Romantic Hocking Hills Cabin Rental
Hocking Hills OH Cabin with Private Hot Tub
- Hocking Hills Ohio Romantic Log Cabin w/Hot Tub - Maple Lane luxury log cabin getaway in Ohio, with amenities like gas-log fireplace, DirecTV Satellite, outdoor fire ring, and your own hot tub on a private deck. (Ash Ridge Cabins, 17171 Sam Carr Rd, Laurellville OH)
Cleveland OH Romantic Attractions
Fun Days Out in Cleveland for Couples - a ride on Lolly the Trolley is a unique way to tour the downtown area and Lake Erie shoreline in an old-fashioned replica trolley car (Powerhouse at Nautica Complex, Winslow Ave & Sycamore St, Cleveland 216-771-4484).
Sunset Dinner Cruises on Lake Erie - the Nautica Queen sets off regularly for cruises on Lake Eerie. While not quite a gourmet experience (what dinner cruise is?), it gets our vote for one of the best inexpensive romantic night outs in Cleveland (1153 Main Ave, Cleveland OH 216-696-8888).
West Side Market – Cleveland is lucky to have an indoor food hall & market as awesome as West Side Market. We’ve seen many markets, but this is seriously one of the best! Plan your romantic trip to Cleveland well for this must-see; it’s open only on the following days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday (Corner of Lorain & W25, Cleveland, OH).
Romantic Cleveland, OH Restaurants: one place where “dinner with romance” abounds in Cleveland is Ohio City, and for honeymoons or anniversaries, a
natural choice there is Crop Bistro & Bar (2537 Lorain Ave, Cleveland, OH 216-696-2767). Another option is right on the waterfront: Pier W, the place for a very romantic dinner with a
terrific views of Cleveland and Lake Erie (12700 Lake Ave, Winton Place, Lakewood OH 216-228-2250).
Romantic Afternoon on the Lake Erie Shore
Cleveland, OH on the Horizon
Cleveland's Most Romantic Hotels & Inns
Romantic Cleveland Hotel - Kimpton Schofield
- Kimpton Schofield Hotel - great mix of romance and affordability in this historic downtown Cleveland hotel. What Other Couples Liked: Complimentary Wine Hour Every Evening...Perfect Location in the Heart of Downtown...Great Shower, Comfortable Room. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Hotels in Cleveland: 91% - Excellent. (2000 E. 9th St, Cleveland OH 216-357-3250)
Metropolitan at The 9 Hotel, Cleveland
- Metropolitan at The 9 - beautiful hotel, featuring rooms and suites with views of the city or Lake Erie. What Other Couples Liked: Rooftop Bar with Scenic Views...King Suites with Fireplace...Downtown Hotel with Trendy Vibe. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Getaways in Cleveland: 86% - Very Good. (2017 E. 9th St, Cleveland OH 216-239-1200)
Cincinnati Romantic Getaway Ideas
Couple Taking In the Night Lights of Cincinnati
Here's a quick wrap-up of fun and romantic things for couples to do in Cincinnati:
My Old Kentucky Dinner Train: This really sounds like fun! The name says it all: enjoy a fine dinner aboard a 1940’s dining car as you wind your way through the Kentucky countryside. See more here: kydinnertrain.com. (2&1/2 hr drive south of Cincinnati)
Riverboat Excursions on the Ohio River - depart near the Covington Landing floating entertainment complex, across the river from downtown Cincinnati.
4 Romantic Spots in Cincinnati:
1. Bicentennial Commons Park - a nice place for a romantic walk, renting a bike, watching a free concert, or just relaxing on the grass.
2. Carew Tower - 49 floors by elevator, 1 by stairs and $2 later, your trek is rewarded with fantastic views of Cincinnati and the Ohio River.
3. Mt. Adams - this compact neighborhood combines historic architecture with pubs & nightlife, and more views of the city!
4. Riverside Drive Historic District - we're cheating here, as it's across the river & state line in Covington, KY, but anywhere near George Rogers Clark Park would rate as on of greater Cincinnati's best places to propose.
Romantic Restaurants in Cincinnati: The Palace is highly rated by Zagats for luxurious dinners in the opulent Cincinnatian Hotel (601 Vine Street Cincinnati, OH 513-381-6006). 360, atop the Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront (668 W 5th St, Covington, KY 859-491-5300), does just as it's name suggests - wine, dine and rotate you full circle as the only revolving restaurant in the Cincinnati area.
More Romantic Ohio Getaways:
Romantic Places to Stay in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown - lots to love about this downtown boutique hotel; huge, comfortable studio rooms and suites with full kitchens and Wi-Fi, plus free hot breakfast and a great location close to Lytle Park Historic District, shops, dining and baseball. You're also going to love the romantic views of the city and river while sipping a cocktail from their rooftop bar and lounge. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Cincinnati, OH Downtown Hotels: 98% - Excellent. (506 East 4th St, Cincinnati OH 513-651-1234)
- The Cincinnatian - you're close to everything in downtown Cincinnati at this historic hotel. Private balconies, plush robes, soaker/Whirlpool tubs and four poster/sleigh beds round out these highly romantic rooms. We would nominate one of their luxury high-end suites (Hannaford or Emery Presidential) as top honeymoon suite in Cincinnati. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Cincinnati Hotels: 80% - Very Good. (601 Vine St, Cincinnati OH 513-381-3000)
Whirlpool Suite at the LivINN Hotel, Cincinnati North
Budget-Friendly & Romantic Cincinnati Hotels:
- LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North/Sharonville - the hot breakfasts and friendly staff here at the LivINN all get high ratings at this affordable hotel just 20 minutes north of Cincinnati. Their hot tub suites will add some extra romance to your Cincinnati weekend getaway at a very reasonable price. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Hotels Near Cincinnati, Ohio: 80% - Very Good. (11385 Chester Rd, Sharonville OH 513-772-7877)
- Best Western Premier Mariemont Inn - with guest feedback like "truly wonderful" and "a Gem", you know they're doing something very well at this romantic Cincinnati inn. Book in at this Best Western, and you'll get fireplaces, soaker tubs, and a prime location in the great little village of Mariemont (just NE of downtown Cincinnati) with restaurants, a theater and a bistro just a short walk away. Request a top floor room, as they have romantic Victorian-era sloped ceilings and are extra quiet. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Getaways in Cincinnati, Ohio Inns: 98% - Excellent. (6880 Wooster Pike, Cincinnati OH 513-271-2100)
Amish Country, OH Getaways
Peaceful Scenery in Ohio's Amish Country
- Donna's Premier Lodging - certainly one of the most popular accommodation choices for honeymooners and couples anywhere in Amish Country. They offer villas, cottages, cabins and Bridal Suites where you can expect a very romantic stay with a fireplace and heart-shaped hot tub. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Ohio Amish Country Lodging: 96% - Excellent. (5323 East St, Berlin OH 800-320-3338)
More Romantic Getaways in Ohio
- Romantic Things to Do in Dayton Ohio - couples that appreciate art will enjoy the Dayton Art Institute's paintings from American and European artists, including Monet. Also worthwhile is the National Afro-American Museum and Cultural Center. And for a romantic dinner in Dayton, Oh, try L'Auberge Restaurant (4120 Far Hills Ave), with excellent French dishes and deserts. A cheaper lunch can be found at Seattle East Cafe (33 East First St.) which has some great sandwiches, soups and crepes.
- Couples Getaways in Hocking Hills – southeast of Columbus, this scenic area is one of the most well-known romantic getaway destinations in Ohio. It's a great place to find a cabin or B&B tucked away among the rolling hills and rocky gorges (they call it the “Romantic Cabin Capital of the Midwest”). The Hocking Valley Scenic Railway is a stand-out scenic train ride in Ohio. The journey through the beautiful hills of southeast Ohio is especially beautiful during spring and fall.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based on social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages