Romantic Getaways in Ohio - Hotels, Packages, cabins & more
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Apr 14, 2023
Got romantic travel in Ohio on your to-do list? You'll love the great mix of cities, country and shoreline in the Buckeye State. And Ohio is known for it's very romantic cabins, inns and B&B's. Let's get to it...
Marblehead Lighthouse on North Ohio's Romantic Shoreline
- Best Time to Visit Ohio: as with much of the U.S. midwest, spring and fall are ideal. Autumn in particular is a really romantic time to be here as the autumn colors (usually around mid-October) are fantastic throughout much of the state.
Columbus Ohio Romantic Getaways
Stadium View Suite at the Blackwell Hotel, Columbus OH
- The Blackwell - Perfect couples hideaway just a 5-minute walk from Ohio Stadium. Our choice of accommodation here would probably be their Stadium View Suite, with it's King Bed and Kitchenette. Additional amenities include Keurig coffee makers, convenient parking, and their Bistro 2110 restaurant, all wrapped up with a nicely updated vibe. 2023 ERV Rating*: 90% - Excellent. (2110 Tuttle Park PL, Columbus OH 614-247-4000)
hilton Garden Inn Columbus polaris
- Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris - Enjoy your romantic weekend in Columbus at this budget-friendly Hilton. We booked a weekend stay here and loved their in-room jetted Whirlpool tubs, HDTV, luxury robes, and on-site lounge and restaurant. 2023 ERV Rating* for Romantic Hotels in Columbus Ohio: 80% - Very Good. (8535 Lyra Dr, Columbus OH 614-846-8884)
Retro Look & Feel of the Graduate Hotel, Columbus
- Graduate Columbus - This fun hotel is right at home in Columbus' very cool Short North Arts District. King Rooms and Studio Suites are all locally-themed and offer triple-sheeted bedding along with HDTV and luxury toiletries. For dining, there's the on-site Trophy Room restaurant as well as a connected Shake Shack. 2023 ERV Rating*: 90% - Excellent. (750 North High St, Columbus OH 614-484-1900)
columbus romantic Hotel packages
- Hotel LeVeque - “Romance Under the Stars” is the name of the game with this package deal in Columbus. The historic LeVebue Tower is home to a swoon-worthy hotel, French brasserie and bar. The package includes your luxury accommodation, wine amenity, $30 credit to The Keep Kitchen and Liquor Bar, rose petals in the room, and 1 pm late checkout time. Yes please! (50 West Broad Street, Columbus OH 614-224-9500) See more of this romantic Columbus hotel package here.
Things to Do in Columbus
Going for a Walk Along South Civic Center Dr
Lots to Eat at North Market in Columbus
- Romantic Things to Do in Columbus - don't miss the German Village & Brewery District, best described as an “outdoor museum” of antique shops, historic homes, brick sidewalks and fine restaurants. Tucked away there is the Book Loft of German Village (631 S 3rd St, Columbus), certainly one of the coolest book shops in the midwest. There's some delicious ethnic eats at the North Market (59 Spruce St, Columbus OH), and for a romantic stroll, head along South Civic Center drive towards Bicentennial Park for some nice views of the city and Scioto River. See Also: Romantic Hotel Whirlpool Suites in Columbus.
Romantic Cabins in hocking hills
Romantic Hocking Hills Cabin Rental
- Hocking Hills OH Romantic Cabins & Vacation Rentals w/Hot Tub - A nice selection of romantic Cabins with hot tubs, with some featuring Whirlpool tubs on a private outside deck, and amenities like fireplace, Wi-Fi and satellite TV. A peaceful and relaxing hot tub getaway in Ohio's beautiful Hocking Hills!
Hocking Hills OH Cabin with Private Hot Tub
- Hocking Hills Ohio Romantic Log Cabin w/Hot Tub - Maple Lane luxury log cabin getaway in Ohio, with amenities like gas-log fireplace, DirecTV Satellite, outdoor fire ring, and your own hot tub on a private deck. (Ash Ridge Cabins, 17171 Sam Carr Rd, Laurellville OH)
- Couples Getaways in Hocking Hills – southeast of Columbus, this scenic area is one of the most well-known romantic getaway destinations in Ohio. It's a great place to find a cabin or B&B tucked away among the rolling hills and rocky gorges (they call it the “Romantic Cabin Capital of the Midwest”). The Hocking Valley Scenic Railway is a stand-out scenic train ride in Ohio. The journey through the beautiful hills of southeast Ohio is especially beautiful during spring and fall.
Cleveland OH Romantic getaways
Romantic Kimpton Schofield, Cleveland
- Kimpton Schofield Hotel - Great mix of romance and affordability in this historic downtown Cleveland hotel. What Other Guests Liked: Complimentary Wine Hour Every Evening...Perfect Location in the Heart of Downtown...Great Shower, Comfortable Room. 2023 ERV Rating*: 84% - Very Good. (2000 E. 9th St, Cleveland OH 216-357-3250)
metropolitan at the 9
Metropolitan at The 9 Hotel, Cleveland
- Metropolitan at The 9 - Beautiful hotel, featuring rooms and suites with views of the city or Lake Erie. What Other Guests Liked: Rooftop Bar with Scenic Views...King Suites with Fireplace...Downtown Hotel with Trendy Vibe. 2023 ERV Rating* for Romantic Hotels in Cleveland: 84% - Very Good. (2017 E. 9th St, Cleveland OH 216-239-1200)
Romantic Spots in cleveland
- Lake Erie Sunset Dinner Cruise- The Nautica Queen sets off regularly for cruises on Lake Eerie. While not quite a gourmet experience (what dinner cruise is?), it gets our vote for one of the best inexpensive romantic night outs in Cleveland. Tip: Monday to Thursday nights have the cheapest rates. (1153 Main Ave, Cleveland OH 216-696-8888)
- West Side Market – Cleveland is lucky to have an indoor food hall & market as awesome as West Side Market. We’ve seen many markets, but this is seriously one of the best! Plan your romantic trip to Cleveland well for this must-see; it’s open only on the following days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday. (Corner of Lorain & W25, Cleveland, OH)
- Pier W Restaurant - Romantic waterfront dining with terrific views of Cleveland and Lake Erie. (12700 Lake Ave, Winton Place, Lakewood OH 216-228-2250)
cleveland romantic hotel packages
The Glidden House Hotel in Cleveland has Romantic Packages
- Glidden House - This historic French Gothic property offers a romantic journey for those looking for a special getaway. Choose your room or suite and add a bottle of wine, chocolates and two complimentary drink tickets for the lounge. Breakfast is provided in the sunroom or lounge each morning, and several fine dining restaurants are located within walking distance. You’re also a short walk away from the Cleveland Botanical Gardens and Cleveland Museum of Art. (1901 Ford Dr, Cleveland OH 216-231-8900). See More of this Romantic Cleveland Hotel Package here.
Cincinnati Romantic hotel Getaways
LYtle park hotel
Romantic Room at the Lytle Park Hotel
Spa-Style Master Bath, Lytle Park Hotel
- Lytle Park Hotel - Nestled in Cincinnati's attractive Lytle Park district, this heritage hotel has a steady clientele of Southwest Ohio couples and honeymooners. Rooms are tastefully themed and come with luxury bath amenities and robes, twice-daily maid service and in selected suites, views of the Ohio River. You're going to fall in love with their on-site Subito Italian Restaurant, and 2 great spots on offer for wine and cocktails: their lobby lounge, and the rooftop Vista at Lytle Park. 2023 ERV Rating for Romantic Cincinnati Hotels*: 80% - Very Good. (311 Pike St, Cincinnati OH 513-621-4500)
residence inn cincinnati downtown
Front Entrance of Cincinnati's Residence Inn/The Phelps
- Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps - lots to love about this downtown boutique hotel; huge, comfortable studio rooms and suites with full kitchens and Wi-Fi, plus free hot breakfast and a great location close to Lytle Park Historic District, shops, dining and baseball. Soak up the views of the city and river while sipping a cocktail from their rooftop bar and lounge. 2023 ERV Rating*: 94% - Excellent. (506 East 4th St, Cincinnati OH 513-651-1234)
budget-friendly best western for 2:
Book a Getaway at the BW Mariemont Inn, Cincinnati OH
- Best Western Premier Mariemont Inn - with guest feedback like "truly wonderful" and "a Gem", you know they're doing something very well at this romantic and affordable Cincinnati inn. Book in at this Best Western, and you'll get a fireplace, soaker tub, and a prime location in the great little village of Mariemont (just NE of downtown Cincinnati). Restaurants, a theater and a bistro are just a short walk away. Request a top floor room, as they have romantic Victorian-era sloped ceilings and are extra quiet. 2023 ERV Rating*: 96% - Excellent. (6880 Wooster Pike, Cincinnati OH 513-271-2100)
cincinnati romantic hotel getaway packages
Book a Romantic Package at the Lytle Park Hotel
- The Lytle Park Hotel (See Review Above) - A “DO NOT DISTURB” sign is included with this romance package: Book your accommodation at the classic 1909 building in an historic district of Cincinnati. Then add a bottle of Prosecco and chocolate-covered strawberries to boost the romance. Northern Italian food is served at the onsite restaurant, and there’s also a lobby bar. Enjoy! (311 Pike St, Cincinnati OH 513-621-4500) See More of This Romantic Cincinnati Hotel Package Here.
cincinnati's most romantic spots
- Bicentennial Commons Park - a nice place for a romantic walk, renting a bike, watching a free concert, or just relaxing on the grass. (750 East Pete Rose Way, Cincinnati OH)
- Mt. Adams - this compact neighborhood combines historic architecture with pubs & nightlife, and more views of the city!
- Carew Tower - 49 floors by elevator, 1 by stairs and $2 later, your trek is rewarded with fantastic views of Cincinnati and the Ohio River.
- Romantic Restaurant in Cincinnati: Eighteen at the Radisson, atop the Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront, does just as it's name suggests - wine, dine and rotate you full circle as the only revolving restaurant in the Cincinnati area. (668 W 5th St, Covington, KY 859-491-5300)
romantic escapes across the line in kentucky:
My Old Kentucky Dinner Train
Meal On Board My Old Kentucky Dinner Train
- My Old Kentucky Dinner Train - The name says it all: enjoy a fine dinner aboard a 1940’s dining car as you wind your way through the Kentucky countryside. (602 North 3rd St, Bardstown KY. 502-348-7300 Approximately 2.5 hr drive south of Cincinnati)
- Riverside Drive Historic District - Across the river & state line in Covington, KY, but anywhere near George Rogers Clark Park would rate as one of greater Cincinnati's best places to propose. (301 Riverside Dr, Covington KY)
More Romantic Ohio Getaways:
Couple Watching the Sun Make a "Romantic Getaway" on Ohio's Lake Erie Shoreline
Amish Country, OH Getaways
pine cove lodging
King Suite w/Jetted Tub at Pine Cove Lodging in Ohio's Amish Country
- Pine Cove Lodging - The 3 types of accommodation here (Farmhouse Suites, Evergreen Cabin and Treehouse Units) all have one thing in common: they're designed specifically for romantic getaways in Amish Country! Suites are beautifully outfitted with fireplace, kitchenettes and 2-person jetted spa tubs. Location-wise, you get the best of both worlds: secluded, serene surroundings, but only 2 miles/5-minute drive to Berlin, OH. What Other Guests Liked: Comfy beds...In-Room coffee makers...Super clean and well maintained. 2023 ERV Rating*: 96% - Excellent. (5492 Country Rd 201, Millersburg OH 330-893-1001)
Romantic dayton Ohio getaways
Marriott at the university of dayton
Spacious & Romantic Room at the Marriott in Dayton, OH
- Marriott at the University of Dayton - One of the best choices for your honeymoon or anniversary getaway in Dayton. Rooms & suites are outfitted with premium bedding, Hulu & Netflix-capable HDTV, and they've got an indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub. When evening time rolls around, there's plenty of eatery choices with a 10 minute drive, or stay put and enjoy dinner and drinks at the on-site Dewbury 1850 Restaurant & Lounge. 2023 ERV Rating*: 80% - Very Good. (1414 S. Patterson Blvd, Dayton OH 937-223-1000)
- Romantic Spots in Dayton Ohio - if you and your partner appreciate art, check out the Dayton Art Institute's paintings from American and European artists, including Monet. Also worthwhile is the National Afro-American Museum and Cultural Center. Romantic dinner? We recommend Salar Restaurant, with numerous locally-sourced dishes, all done with a European & Peruvian flair. (400 E. 5th St, Dayton OH)
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based on social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
top hotels, getaways & packages on ERV