Romantic Scottsdale Resorts - 5 Perfect Getaways in the Arizona Desert
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
Romantic Vacations Home
By: Maureen Mattson, ERV Editor - Posted: Feb 15, 2015
Sprawling Phoenix Arizona is a year-round playground for travellers of all descriptions, including a good number of honeymooners and roaming romantics escaping the cold northern climates in search of the warmth and sunshine the Valley of the Sun is famous for.
Scottsdale is perhaps the choice location for romantic getaways and vacations in this area, and we've collected 5 of our favorite romantic Scottsdale resorts and hotels in this guide to accommodation for couples. Enjoy...
Note: Reviews and descriptions of these romantic Scottsdale resorts are current as of Feb 2015. Hotels, rooms and amenities can change, so always confirm with the hotel before making travel plans and reservations).
1.Featured Romantic Scottsdale Resort: Scott Resort & Spa
Pool at the Scott Resort & Spa, one of the Most Romantic Scottsdale Resorts
- The Scott Resort and Spa - giving you the best of both worlds, the FireSky offers the convenience of being downtown and close to Old Scottsdale and the private feel of a desert retreat. There’s even a sandy beach pool, adjacent to the Paradise Pool. At night, the outside areas light up softly with white lights strung around the palm trees, allowing for quiet moments of reflection and romance. There are 204 guest suites varying in size from 400 to 800 square feet, and each has its own private balcony or patio. There's dining on-site, and you’ll also find a fitness room, bikes to use during your stay, and an in-room yoga program. What Other Couples Liked: Wonderful Pool Area...Romantic Courtyard...Free Shuttle, Free Bikes, Wine Hour. 2015 ERV Rating* for Romantic Scottsdale Resorts: 88% - Very Good. (4925 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 480-945-7666)
2. The Canyon Suites at the Phoenician
Canyon Suites at the Phoenician, Scottsdale AZ
- The Canyon Suites At the Phoenician - this 5-Diamond boutique hotel at the base of Camelback Mountain has 60 luxurious rooms (the smallest being 600 square feet!) and is often referred to as “A resort within a resort” because the Canyon Suites are inside the Phoenician Resort. You’ll find one, two and three-bedroom suites with city, golf course, pool or mountain views. The 27-hole award-winning golf course, tennis courts, luxury spa, steakhouse restaurant along with other dining options, and activities such as hiking, cycling, koi feeding, and wine tasting keep you relaxed and entertained. There are eight - yes eight pools, including one with water slides, and a 2-acre cactus garden. The Embrace Romance Package includes champagne and fresh flowers upon arrival, along with breakfast for two. 2015 ERV Rating* for Romantic Scottsdale Resorts: 94% - Excellent. (6000 East Camelback Rd, Scottsdale AZ 480-941-8200)
More Romantic Arizona:
- Arizona Romantic Getaways - including vacation ideas, resorts and cabin & ranch stays for couples in Arizona's best destinations.
3. Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Scottsdale
Entrance to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Scottsdale Old Town - this is a newly renovated facility with easy access to all the Scottsdale attractions, including the Desert Botanical Garden, the Phoenix Zoo, Old Town Scottsdale, art galleries and Fashion Square Mall. Some of the perks here are complimentary hot breakfast daily and a free shuttle to the Scottsdale area. You can walk to Old Scottsdale in about 15 minutes. Happy Hour/Manager’s Reception runs from 5:30 to 7pm and includes free wine or beer and snacks. There's complimentary cookies and milk before bed, plus a pool and hot tub outdoors. What Other Couples Liked: Great Location...Pleasant Pool Area...Happy Hour Cocktails. 2015 ERV Rating* for Romantic Scottsdale AZ Hotels: 92% - Excellent. (3131 North Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale AZ 480-675-7665)
Rooms Overlook the Pool and Hot Tub at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Scottsdale
4. Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa
Palms Line the Courtyard at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch - this 27-acre resort hotel is set against the McDowell Mountains but close to many interesting and romantic activities in the Scottsdale area. There’s golf, a luxury spa, 10 pools (including adults-only), cascading waterfalls, a sandy beach, and a gym. Several on-site restaurants and bars cater to both casual fare and fine dining. This Hyatt has 493 rooms and suites, many with private balconies or patios. The Hyatt’s Scottsdale Romance Package includes chocolate truffles and champagne, a full breakfast for two and 2 PM checkout. Romance Tip: Venice in Scottsdale? Take a gondola ride on the lake any evening from 6:00 to 10:30 PM, weather permitting. If you have dinner at the Alto Ristorante e Bar, it’s complimentary. And the gondoliers sing to you! What Other Couples Liked: Excellent Place for a Romantic Weekend...Beautiful Pools, Lawn & Spaces...Great Sushi Bar & Music at Night. 2015 ERV Rating* for Romantic Scottsdale Resorts: 86% - Very Good. (7500 E. Doubletree Ranch Rd, Scottsdale AZ 480-444-1234)
Guests Enjoying the Pool at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa
5. Gainey Suites Hotel
Poolside at the Romantic Gainey Suites Hotel in Scottsdale
- Gainey Suites Hotel - fresh off a 2 million + renovation, the Gainey Suites enters 2015 as one of the top-rated romantic Scottsdale resorts. Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies are here waiting your arrival, and each morning you'll be treated to their hot breakfast buffet complete with Starbucks coffee. Rooms at this boutique resort now all outfitted with upgraded bath and shower, new "Dream Beds", wood cabinets, HDTV and complimentary WiFi. Outside resort amenities you'll find include pool side cabanas, patio & fire pit, wine bar and gift shop. All this and...no resort fees! What Other Couples Liked: Exceptionally Calming Vacation...Memorable Arizona Anniversary Getaway...Immaculately Clean, Lovely Pool. 2015 ERV Rating* for Romantic Scottsdale Resorts: 95% - Excellent. (7300 E. Gainey Suites Dr, Scottsdale AZ 800-970-4666)
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific rating formula for romantic hotels which includes:
- Romantic Amenities: suites with an in-room Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families with kids, business travelers, etc)
with Couples & Honeymooners: based on variety of social media & crowd-sourced reviews.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages