Sanibel Island Honeymoon Suites, Resorts & more
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
Romantic Vacations Home
Sanibel Island, FL
By Maureen Mattson, ERV Asst Editor - Updated Sep 12, 2021
Sub-tropical Sanibel Island, along with its sister Captiva Island, are a palm tree and warm breeze haven for couples seeking a quiet honeymoon or romantic getaway on Florida’s southwest Gulf Coast.
Sanibel Island is the Perfect Spot for a Romantic Beach Honeymoon
You're leaving behind crowded theme-park Florida when you arrive here. These two Barrier Islands offer secluded beaches, a wildlife refuge, and activities like hiking, biking and kayaking.
But most of all, Sanibel and Captiva are two of the best Florida honeymoon spots near the ocean – perfect for recovering from a stressful wedding day!
Oh, and you’ll love the romantic sunsets here too!
Sanibel & Captiva Island Honeymoon Resorts and Cottages
Relaxing Sanibel Island Beach
Honeymoon Ready - Island Inn Suite
- Island Inn - Ten oceanfront acres, dotted with 5 romantic cottages and 3 luxury lodges…perfect for a serene vacation or honeymoon. Some rooms have full kitchens. Bikes, paddle boards and kayaks are available to rent. There's casual fine dining at the onsite restaurant, and a pool with geothermal technology to complete your dream vacation. 2021 ERV Rating* for Sanibel Island Honeymoon Resorts: 90% - Excellent. (3111 W Gulf Dr, Sanibel Island FL 239-472-1561) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
- Seaside Inn - A quaint beachfront inn where you can really unwind in one of 32 guest rooms, suites and cottages. Views of the beach, full kitchens and sundecks are a few of the options for you. Complimentary breakfast basket is delivered daily, and plenty of recreation is offered. Several dining options are available. 2021 ERV Rating*: 86% - Very Good. (541 E. Gulf Drive, Sanibel Island FL 239-472-1400) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
- Sanibel Inn - Perfect for a relaxing beach hideaway, Sanibel Inn offers guest rooms, suites, and 2-bedroom condos right on the Gulf. Complimentary activities include historic bike tours, nature walks, stargazing, sunset kayaking and much more. Stroll through the natural gardens, cool off in the pool and take in the 600 feet of private beach! 2021 ERV Rating*: 80% - Very Good. (937 E. Gulf Dr., Sanibel Island FL 239-472-3181) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
Romantic Waterside Inn on the Beach, Sanibel Island FL
- Waterside Inn on the Beach - ask about the Apricot Honeymoon Cottage, which has a fully equipped suite, jetted spa tub, private porch and Wi-Fi. This resort also offers a heated pool and is fronted by a gorgeous sugar white sand beach. And, they can arrange Sanibel beach wedding ceremonies and receptions as well. 2021 ERV Rating*: 82% - Very Good. (3033 West Gulf Dr, Sanibel Island, FL 800-741-6166)
- Beachview Cottages - romantic Sanibel cottages just steps from the beach and the Gulf of Mexico. You'll love experiencing the ocean breeze and sounds of the surf, and the resort includes a heated pool, free bike rentals, and units with kitchen and Wi-Fi. 2021 ERV Rating*: 92% - Excellent. (3325 West Gulf Dr, Sanibel Island, FL 800-860-0532) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
Pool at the Tween Waters Inn Island Resort
- Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa - just right for newlyweds wanting their honeymoon on Sanibel & Captiva Island to have a bit more of an all-inclusive feel. Complimentary continental breakfast, dining on-site, pool bar, spa services and much more, all located on what's been described as "America's Most Romantic Beach". 2021 ERV Rating* for Captiva Island Honeymoon Resorts: 84% - Very Good. (15951 Captiva Rd, Captiva Island, FL 800-223-5865) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
- South Seas Island Resort - pure luxury in a secluded honeymoon getaway on Captiva Island's beachfront. The resort's private villas and cottages have easy access to water sports, golf and tennis. 2021 ERV Rating*: 74% - Good. (5400 Plantation Rd, Captiva Island, FL 866-565-5089) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
Romantic Things to Do on Sanibel & Captiva
- Outdoor Activities - Sanibel and Captiva are great places for sun and sand. Activities on the island include golf and tennis, hiking, and exploring the white sand beaches for shells. Off-shore, there’s sailing, kayaking, snorkeling, fishing and dolphin-watching cruises.
- Sunsets – Sanibel Island has some of the most romantic sunsets on the Florida Gulf Coast. Head to the south and west shores for best viewing, or up on Captiva on the Sanibel-Captiva Rd.
- Romantic Dinner Cruise - for a luxury yacht cruises with a buffet dinner, contact Sanibel Harbour Princess Yacht Cruises at (239) 466-4000.
- Late Afternoon Cocktails in the Breeze - 3 to 5 PM is Happy Hour at Coconuts (2255 West Gulf Dr, Sanibel Island). Or try the taste of Captiva Crab Cakes at Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille (2500 Island Inn Rd, Sanibel FL)
Sanibel's Most Romantic Places to Eat
- Traditions on the Beach (3111 West Gulf Dr, 239-472-4559)
- Mad Hatter (6467 Sanibel Captiva Rd, 239-472-0033)
- The Island Cow (2163 Perwinkle Way, 239-472-0606)
- Sweet Melissa's Cafe (1625 Perwinkle Way, 239-472-1956)
More Getaways Near Sanibel:
Sanibel Island Honeymoon Packages
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based on social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
√ COVID Safety Plan: identifies hotels and inns that clearly indicate they are taking measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages