Your Sanibel Island Honeymoon - Ideas, Resorts, Packages & more
FTC: This ERV page uses affiliate links. More.
Romantic Vacations Home
Romantic Honeymoon Spots
Sanibel Island, Florida
Romantic Sunsets make Sanibel Island one of Florida's Best Honeymoon Destinations
By Maureen Mattson, ERV Staff Writer - Updated Jan 9, 2017
Sub-tropical Sanibel Island, along with its sister Captiva Island, are a palm tree and warm breeze haven for couples seeking a honeymoon or romantic getaway on Florida’s southwest Gulf Coast.
You're leaving behind the tacky theme parks and crowds when you arrive here. These two Barrier Islands offer secluded beaches, a wildlife refuge, and activities like hiking, biking and kayaking.
But most of all, Sanibel and Captiva are two of the best spots in Florida to honeymoon near the ocean – perfect for recovering from a stressful wedding day!
Oh, and you’ll love the romantic sunsets on Sanibel too!
Sanibel & Captiva Island Honeymoon Resorts and Cottages
Romantic Waterside Inn on the Beach, Sanibel Island FL
- Waterside Inn on the Beach - ask about the Apricot Honeymoon Cottage, which has a fully equipped suite, jetted spa tub, private porch and Wi-Fi. This resort also offers a heated pool and is fronted by a gorgeous sugar white sand beach. And, they can arrange Sanibel beach wedding ceremonies and receptions as well. 2017 ERV Rating* for Romantic Sanibel Accommodation: 81% - Very Good. (3033 West Gulf Dr, Sanibel Island, FL 800-741-6166)
- Beachview Cottages - romantic Sanibel cottages just steps from the beach and the Gulf of Mexico. You'll love experiencing the ocean breeze and sounds of the surf, and the resort includes a heated pool, free bike rentals, and units with kitchen and Wi-Fi. 2017 ERV Rating* for Sanibel Island Honeymoon Cottages: 92% - Excellent. (3325 West Gulf Dr, Sanibel Island, FL 800-860-0532)
- Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa - just right for newlyweds wanting their honeymoon on Sanibel & Captiva Island to have a bit more of an all-inclusive feel. Complimentary continental breakfast, dining on-site, pool bar, spa services and much more, all located on what's been described as America's Most Romantic Beach". 2017 ERV Rating* for Captiva Island Honeymoon Resorts: 86% - Very Good. (15951 Captiva Rd, Captiva Island, FL 800-223-5865)
- South Seas Island Resort - pure luxury in a secluded honeymoon getaway on Captiva Island's beachfront. The resort's private villas and cottages have easy access to water sports, golf and tennis, plus they offer a great deal on 2017 rates starting at $299/night. 2017 ERV Rating* for Romantic Captiva Island Resorts: 74% - Good. (5400 Plantation Rd, Captiva Island, FL 866-565-5089)
Romantic Things to Do on Sanibel & Captiva
Outdoor Activities - Sanibel and Captiva are great places for sun and sand. Activities on the island include golf and tennis, hiking, and exploring the white sand beaches for shells. Off-shore, there’s sailing, kayaking, snorkeling, fishing and dolphin-watching cruises.
Sunsets – Sanibel Island has some of the most romantic sunsets on the Florida Gulf Coast. Head to the south and west shores for best viewing, or up on Captiva on the Sanibel-Captiva Rd.
Romantic Dinner Cruise - for private luxury yacht cruises with a buffet dinner, contact Sanibel Harbour Princess Cruises at (239) 466-2128.
Late Afternoon Cocktails in the Breeze - 4 to 6 PM is Happy Hour at the Sanibel Grill (703 tarpon Bay Rd, Sanibel Island). Or try the taste of Island Mojitos at Doc Ford's Sanibel Island Rum Bar & Grille (975 Rabbit Rd, Sanibel Island)
5 of Sanibel's Most Romantic Places to Eat
- Traditions on the Beach (3111 West Gulf Dr, 239-472-4559)
- Il Tesoro Ristorante (751 Tarpon Bay Rd, 239-395-4022)
- Mad Hatter (6460 Sanibel Captiva Rd, 239-472-0033)
- The Island Crow (2163 Perwinkle Way, 239-472-1956)
- Sweet Mellissa's Cafe (1625 Perwinkle Way, 239-472-1956)
Romantic Getaways Near Sanibel Island:
Sanibel Island Honeymoon Packages
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific rating formula for romantic hotels which includes:
- Romantic Amenities: suites with an in-room Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families with kids, business travelers, etc)
with Couples & Honeymooners: based on variety of social media & crowd-sourced reviews.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages