Vancouver Island Spa Resorts - Photos & Reviews of Romantic Retreats on BC's West Coast
Romantic Vacations Home
Vancouver Island Spa Resorts
The Romantic Grotto Spa Mineral Pool at the Tigh Na Mara Vancouver Island Spa Resort
By Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Mar 22, 2017
FTC Disclosure: If you make a purchase through a link on this page, we receive a small commission at no cost to you. We only recommend hotels we have used ourselves or researched thoroughly.
Did you know: Vancouver Island has some of the best spa getaways in Canada! The fresh ocean air is unbeatable, and the seclusion and mild Pacific climate make “The Island” a choice romantic spot for spa retreats in British Columbia.
Ferries run every couple of hours from the Vancouver area, and once you're there, you'll find driving distances on Vancouver Island short (and scenic).
If you’re planning a spa vacation in British Columbia, especially the "stress-busting" type with a weekend at a secluded BC oceanfront lodge, enjoy our review of some of the best Vancouver Island spa resorts...
Victoria BC Spa Resort - Oak Bay Beach Hotel
The Heated Mineral Pool and Hot Tubs at the Oceanfront Oak Bay Beach Hotel & Resort in Victoria, BC
Soaker Tub - Room at the Oak Bay Beach Hotel
Luxury Bedroom, Oak Bay Beach Hotel
- Oak Bay Beach Hotel - combine a spa vacation with a weekend getaway in fantastic Victoria, BC. The Oak Bay Beach Hotel is perched on a rocky sport facing the Pacific, and the water temperature in the outdoor waterfront mineral pool stays comfy-warm year-round. The hotel has full spa facilities, plus hot tubs, a lovely pub, and rooms with luxury amenities. What Other Couples Liked: Eucalyptus Steam Room...Oceanfront Location...Choice of Spa Services. 2017 Rating* for Romantic Victoria BC Spa Resorts: 94% - Excellent. (1175 Beach Dr, Victoria BC 250-598-4556)
Wickaninnish Inn & Ancient Cedars Spa - Tofino, BC
- The Wickaninnish Inn & Ancient Cedars Spa, Tofino B.C. - we spent 2 nights at "the Wick" and loved it. Oceanfront rooms are fabulous, and the food & wine pairings at the Pointe Restaurant are out-of-this-world delicious. The Ancient Cedars Spa is rated one of Vancouver Island's best (they even collect their own rocks from the beach for the hot stone massage!) The Wickaninnish has a romantic spa package that includes valet parking, 2 nights in a deluxe room or suite, an amenity pack, fruit and mineral water, and 2 one-hour treatments. 2017 Rating* for Tofino BC Spa Resorts: 92% - Excellent. (500 Osprey Ln, Tofino BC 250-725-3100)
Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort
Tigh Na Mara Spa Resort Pool, Vancouver Island
Spa Tub Suite - Tigh Na Mara Resort, Vancouver Island
- Tigh-Na-Mara Resort – located in Parksville, BC, this award-winning resort lodge and spa gives you the sensation of swimming in a warm tropical "cave" and being surrounded by waterfalls - all indoors! Lots of spa packages to choose from, and the rest of the resort is an oceanfront oasis of relaxation (it can be incredibly quiet here at night). Very romantic log cottages and suites come with with a fireplace in every unit, and some include jetted tubs. Close by, there's golf, hiking, while whale and orca watching tours are just an hour away in Campbell River. 2017 Rating* for Romantic Vancouver Island Spa Resorts: 68% - Good. (500 Osprey Ln, Tofino BC 250-725-3100)
Westin Bear Mountain Resort & Spa
- Westin Bear Mountain Golf Resort & Spa - this romantic Vancouver Island Spa Resort is a short 1/2 hr drive west of Victoria, BC. At Bear Mountain you can enjoy unique spa treatments for couples, romantic dining, scenic views of the mountains and city, plus a gorgeous Jack Nicklaus-designed 36-hole golf course.
More Romantic Spa Retreats on Vancouver Island
- Poet's Cove Resort and Spa – on South Pender Island (Gulf Islands). Gorgeous location on a quiet harbor. Terrific Steam Cave and Falls hot tub. Unique exotic spa treatments including flower petal facials and an aromatic sea clay massage. Luxury lodge, villa and cottage accommodations.
- Kingfisher Oceanside Resort & Spa - one of the best luxury spa resorts on Vancouver Island is located a little further north in the Comox Valley. Beachfront suites, and the first full service oceanfront spa in Canada! In the summer, you can even book a massage right on the beach! Gourmet West Coast cuisine featured nightly in the dining room which is one of the most popular on Vancouver Island.
- Salt Springs Spa Resort on Salt Spring Island, BC – we booked a 2-night BC Gulf Islands spa getaway here, and it was peaceful and soothing. They have a full day spa service, and the ensuite mineral-water jetted tub would have to rate as one of the most relaxing soaks on the continent!
*ERV Rating for Couples: our unique, non-scientific rating formula for romantic hotels which includes:
- Romantic Amenities: such as an in-suite JACUZZI® tub or Whirlpool bath, scenic view, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families with kids, business travelers, etc)
with Couples & Honeymooners: based on variety of social media & crowd-sourced reviews.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages