Catalina Island, CA
Catalina Island Honeymoon - Romantic Hotels & Packages
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
By: Maureen Mattson, ERV Asst Editor - Updated: Mar 16, 2019
Beautiful Catalina Island is one of the Channel Islands of California, not far from Los Angeles. The resort town of Two Harbors is in the northern portion of the island but 90% of the population lives in the southern town of Avalon. With the warm year-round temperatures, glass-bottom boat tours, diving and snorkeling and sandy beaches, Catalina Island is an ideal honeymoon destination.
The Beautiful Harbor in Avalon is the Ideal Setting for a Romantic Honeymoon on Catalina Island
Since over a million people will visit the Island every year, the
crowds can be overwhelming during Spring break and summer months. However in
the Spring and fall the crowds die down and the weather is still very pleasant.
Catalina Island Honeymoon Hotels & Suites
Rooftop View From the Avalon Hotel
Honeymoon Suite at the Avalon Hotel
- The Avalon Hotel - THE place for newlyweds on Catalina, with deluxe rooms, upscale amenities and panoramic views of the harbour from the rooftop. What Other Couples Liked: Beautiful Boutique Hotel…Complimentary Wine & Breakfast…Sitting by the Fire Pit With a Glass of Wine, Under the Stars. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Catalina Island Hotels: 97% - Excellent. (124 Whittley Ave, Catalina Island CA 424-226-3610)
- Portofino Hotel - European elegance defines the Portofino, and with easy access to both the town and the harbour, you can explore Avalon, or just relax and sip a cocktail from their fabulous sundeck. What Other Couples Liked: Great Location Overlooking the Harbor…Clean Room, Continental Breakfast…Quaint and Quiet, Close to Everything. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Avalon, CA Hotels: 89% - Very Good. (111 Crescent Ave, Avalon CA 888-510-0555)
- Hotel Mac Rae - an attractive and historic inn on a pedestrian-only street, with the promenade and beach just steps away. Book an Ocean View King or Queen here for a great Catalina honeymoon stay. What Other Couples Liked: Located in a Great Spot in Avalon…Very Affordable and Very Nice Staff”…Close to Shops and Restaurants. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Catalina Island Accommodation: 75% - Good. (409 Crescent Ave, Avalon, Catalina Island CA 310-510-0246)
It's Easy to Have a Relaxing Honeymoon on Catalina
Cruise Ship & Sunset on Catalina Island
Honeymoon Packages on Catalina Island
The Pavilion Hotel is just a few steps away from the beach and pier, and a short walk to the Express ferry. They offer a Romance Package Perfect for a Catalina Island Honeymoon that includes: Overnight hotel accommodation for 2, round-trip boat transportation for 2, breakfast, plus wine & cheese, helicopter tour of the island, and a picnic basket lunch for 2.
The Hotel Metropole's Honeymoon Package can help newlyweds on Catalina Island celebrate their new life together. It includes: round-trip boat transportation, 2 nights in oceanfront suite, breakfast in bed, champagne gift basket, 2 full-body massages and dinner for two at M Restaurant
Best Deals on 2022 Romantic Hotels and Packages on Catalina Island
Romantic Things to Do on Catalina Island
- Wrigley Memorial Botanic Garden
- Taste of Catalina Food Tour
- Scenic driving tour or segway through the city; take a zipline tour if you’re more adventurous
- Watch for whales, sea lions and dolphins on an ocean rafting tour or semi-submersible submarine
- Have a romantic dinner at one of the harbor-side restaurants
Getting to Catalina Island
By ferry: from four mainland posts (San Pedro, Newport Beach, or Dana Point). It takes about an hour and round-trip tickets cost about $75 per person. Note that this is not a car ferry, and only 2 pieces of luggage each are permitted.
Helicopter services are also available from various locations and the ride is only about 15 minutes. Cost varies according to your location, but round-trip tickets are generally between $350 and $400 per person (minimum passenger numbers apply)
There are very few cars on Catalina Island. This means a smog-free environment and abundant wildlife. Get around the Island by renting a golf cart, riding a bike, taking taxis or walking.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
√ COVID Safety Plan: identifies hotels and inns that clearly indicate they are taking measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages