Catalina Island Honeymoon - Romantic Hotels & Packages
Romantic Vacations Home
Romantic Honeymoon Spots
Catalina Island, California
The Beautiful Harbor in Avalon is the Ideal Setting for a Romantic Honeymoon on Catalina Island
By Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Posted: June 8, 2017
FTC Disclosure: If you make a purchase through a link on this page, we receive a small commission at no cost to you. We only recommend hotels we have used ourselves or researched thoroughly.
Beautiful Catalina Island is one of the Channel Islands of
California, not far from Los Angeles. The resort town of Two Harbors is in the
northern portion of the island but 90% of the population lives in the southern
town of Avalon. With the warm year-round temperatures, glass-bottom boat tours,
diving and snorkeling and sandy beaches, Catalina Island is an ideal honeymoon destination.
Since over a million people will visit the Island every year, the
crowds can be overwhelming during Spring break and summer months. However in
the Spring and fall the crowds die down and the weather is still very pleasant.
Catalina Island Honeymoon Hotels & Suites
Rooftop View From the Avalon Hotel
Romantic Suite for Honeymoons at the Avalon Hotel
- The Avalon Hotel - THE place for newlyweds on Catalina, with deluxe rooms, upscale amenities and panoramic views of the harbour from the rooftop. What Other Couples Said: “Beautiful Boutique Hotel”…”Complimentary Wine & Breakfast Topped Off Our Honeymoon Perfectly”…”Sitting by the Fire Pit With a Glass of Wine, Under the Stars”. 2017 Rating* for Romantic Catalina Island Hotels: 97% - Excellent. (124 Whittley Ave, Catalina Island CA 424-226-3610)
- Portofino Hotel - European elegance defines the Portofino, and with easy access to both the town and the harbour, you can explore Avalon, or just relax and sip a cocktail from their fabulous sundeck. What Other Couples Said: “Great location overlooking the Harbor"…”Clean Room, Nice Continental Breakfast"…”Quaint and Quiet, Yet So Close to Everything". 2017 Rating* for Romantic Avalon, CA Hotels: 88% - Very Good. (111 Crescent Ave, Avalon CA 888-510-0555)
- Hotel Mac Rae - an attractive and historic inn on a pedestrian-only street, with the promenade and beach just steps away. Book an Ocean View King or Queen here for a great Catalina honeymoon stay. What Other Couples Said: “It’s Located in the Single Best Spot in Avalon!”…"Very affordable and Very Nice Staff”…"Very Close to Shops and Restaurants”. 2017 Rating* for Romantic Catalina Island Accommodation: 73% - Good. (409 Crescent Ave, Avalon, Catalina Island CA 310-510-0246)
It's Easy to Have a Relaxing Honeymoon on Catalina
Cruise Ship & Sunset on Catalina Island
Honeymoon Packages on Catalina Island
The Pavilion Hotel is just a few steps away from the beach and pier, and a short walk to the Express ferry. They offer a Romance Package Perfect for a Catalina Island Honeymoon that includes: Overnight hotel accommodation for 2, round-trip boat transportation for 2, breakfast, plus wine & cheese, helicopter tour of the island, and a picnic basket lunch for 2.
The Hotel Metropole's Honeymoon Package can help newlyweds on Catalina Island celebrate their new life together. It includes: round-trip boat transportation, 2 nights in oceanfront suite, breakfast in bed, champagne gift basket, 2 full-body massages and dinner for two at M Restaurant
Best Deals on 2017 Romantic Hotels and Packages on Catalina Island
Romantic Things to Do on Catalina Island
- Wrigley Memorial Botanic Garden
- Taste of Catalina Food Tour
- Scenic driving tour or segway through the city; take a zipline tour if you’re more adventurous
- Watch for whales, sea lions and dolphins on an ocean rafting tour or semi-submersible submarine
- Have a romantic dinner at one of the harbor-side restaurants
Getting to Catalina Island
By ferry: from four mainland posts (San Pedro, Newport Beach, or Dana Point). It takes about an hour and round-trip tickets cost about $75 per person. Note that this is not a car ferry, and only 2 pieces of luggage each are permitted.
Helicopter services are also available from various locations and the ride is only about 15 minutes. Cost varies according to your location, but round-trip tickets are generally between $350 and $400 per person (minimum passenger numbers apply)
There are very few cars on Catalina Island. This means a smog-free environment and abundant wildlife. Get around the Island by renting a golf cart, riding a bike, taking taxis or walking.
*ERV Rating for Couples: our unique, non-scientific rating formula for romantic hotels which includes:
- Romantic Amenities: such as an in-suite JACUZZI® tub or Whirlpool bath, scenic view, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families with kids, business travelers, etc)
with Couples & Honeymooners: based on variety of social media & crowd-sourced reviews.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages