Super Romantic BC Getaways in the Okanagan for Every Budget
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
Romantic Vacations Home
Kelowna and it's Waterfront are a Highlight of any Romantic BC Getaway
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Mar 5, 2018
This page of weekend getaways in British Columbia's beautiful Okanagan features Kelowna, Penticton and Osoyoos. For many traveling couples from BC, Alberta and the Pacific Northwest, this attractive strip of vineyards and orchards along the lakes are the perfect spot for a romantic getaway in Western Canada.
The Best Time for Romantic BC Getaways: From June to September, the sun shines, the water's warm, and the orchards are bursting with fruit. Summer getaways in the BC interior are also the best time to explore fun little Okanagan communities, usually surrounded by a handful of small, friendly wineries anxious to have you sample the best of their vineyards.
Romantic Kelowna, BC Hotels & Inns
Delta Grand Okanagan Resort
Summer Sunshine by the Pool at the Delta Grand Okanagan Resort in Kelowna, BC
Room at the Delta Grand Okanagan Resort
Jetted Tub Suite, Delta Grand Resort
- The Delta Grand Okanagan Resort - a luxury Okanagan resort with honeymoon and wine packages, on-site spa and Caribbean-themed casino. We booked a 3-night weekend getaway here in one of the ModeDeluxe rooms, with a King bed, jetted tub and spacious living area. The resort has a large outdoor pool, hot tub and Cabana Bar serving drinks. Just beyond the resort is the beautiful Waterfront Park with scenic views and a walkway along the shore of Okanagan Lake. 2017 ERV Rating* for Romantic Okanagan Resorts: 84% - Very Good. (1310 Water Street, Kelowna BC 250-763-4500)
- A Vista Villa Couples Retreat - Jacuzzi suites, romance packages, weddings and elopements are just some of what this Kelowna Wine Country Guesthouse specializes in. 2017 ERV Rating* for Romantic Kelowna B&B's: 98% - Excellent. (962 Ryder Dr, Kelowna BC 877-762-7831)
Penticton BC Romantic Places to Stay
King Hot Tub Suite at the Ramada Penticton Hotel & Suites
- Ramada Penticton Hotel & Suites - we can easily recommend this Ramada as an affordable and romantic resort in the Okanagan for any getaway or honeymoon. The King Bed Hot Tub Suites are the ones you want here, with fireplace and 2-person in-room Jacuzzi tubs. The pool area is spacious, and in the heat of summer, soaking up the sun poolside with a cocktail in your hand, you'll feel like you're in an all-inclusive in Hawaii or Mexico! 2017 ERV Rating* for Romantic Penticton BC Resorts: 76% - Good. (1050 Eckhardt Ave West, Penticton BC 250-492-8926)
- E'laysa Guesthouse & Vineyard Retreat - lovely Italian-inspired B&B with gourmet breakfasts, overlooking the Lake and Naramatta Bench Wine Country. 2017 ERV Rating* for Romantic Penticton BC Bed & Breakfasts: 94% - Excellent. (1056 Corbishley Ave, Penticton BC 236-422-2122)
Romantic Getaways in Osoyoos, BC
Osoyoos, BC - Only 5 minutes from the Canada/USA border, this desert-like town along the lake is pretty much surrounded by vineyards, and is another great spot for a hot & sunny getaway in British Columbia.
Watermark Beach Resort Bedroom
Watermark Beach Resort -Pool & Waterfront
- Watermark Beach Resort - if you're romantic getaway brings you to the Southern Okanagan and the attractive center of Osoyoos, check out this waterfront resort near downtown, with comfortable conod units and a on-site wine bar. 2017 ERV Rating* for Romantic Osoyoos BC Resorts: 88% - Very Good. (15 Park Pl, Osoyoos BC 888-755-3480)
- Spirit Ridge at NK'MIP Resort - a new hotel with spacious "vineyard villas" and "desert suites". Just steps away from golf and a winery, with a pool, full spa, dining room and roof top terrace. 2017 ERV Rating* for Romantic Southern Okanagan Resorts: 82% - Very Good. (1200 Rancher Creek Rd, Osoyoos BC 844-755-4622)
Romantic Things to Do in BC's Okanagan
Some Sipping at Quail's Gate Winery
BC Wine Country Near Kelowna, BC
1. Okanagan Winery Tours - the number of wineries in Kelowna & the Okanagan valley has grown by leaps and bounds in recent years. One experience that really stood out was the tasting and bistro lunch we enjoyed at the Summerhill Winery in Kelowna. We found a very nice bottle of Gewurztraminer, and a fantastic lunch on the patio with a million-dollar view of Lake Okanagan!
Okanagan wineries also take part in several wine festivals throughout the seasons which showcase wine tasting, culinary displays and live performances of music and theatre.
2. Sun & Fun at the Best Okanagan Beaches - there's a good supply of sandy and relaxing waterfront areas in the Okanagan. A couple of Okanagan beaches we really enjoyed were Skaha Lake in Penticton and Gyro Park in Kelowna.
Couple Floating Down the Okanagan River Channel in Penticton, BC
3. Tube Down the Penticton River Channel - great way to enjoy a sunny and hot Okanagan afternoon. Rent an inner tube and peacefully float down the river one way, and a bus picks you up for the return home. (215 Riverside Drive, Penticton, BC)
4. Kettle Valley Steam Railway - board the historic steam train for a beautiful ride and views of the Okanagan mountains, lakes, valleys and vineyards. They also combine the rail tour with wine tastings! (18404 Bathville Rd, Summerland, BC)
5. Scenic Drives - south of Oliver, BC, highway 97 winds through a glorious region of fruit trees, vineyards and valleys. The Similkameen Valley is especially scenic, and you can easily loop back to Penticton through Keremeos, BC.
Other fun things to do on romantic BC getaways: water slides, mini-golf, and all kinds of water activities like boating, water skiing, and para sailing.
More Romantic bc Getaways on erv:
Poolside Drinks - Ramada Penticton Resort
Relaxing by the Lake in Summerland, BC
Okanagan Honeymoon & Romance Packages
Planning a weeding or honeymoon in Kelowna, Penticton or another part of the Okanagan?
- The Hopeless Romantic BC Getaways & Romance Packages - for 2017, there's no less than 6 different romantic packages to choose from at this Kelowna B&B! Custom made for anniversary vacations, honeymoons and weekend getaways to the BC Interior, and priced as inexpensive add-ons from $99 to $149.
- Kelowna BC Honeymoon Packages - A Vista Villa in Kelowna can make your wedding, anniversary or elopement in BC something special. Check into one of their in-room Jacuzzi® Suites, and enjoy evenings from their panoramic lake- view dining terrace.
Travel to the Okanagan
There are direct flights to Kelowna from Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, Ontario (as well as from a few smaller cities in Western Canada). Penticton has scheduled flights from Vancouver only.
You can fly to the Okanagan on Air Canada and WestJet - they both have cheap flights to Kelowna from Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.
You can also drive to the Okanagan, as Kelowna is at the crossroads of several major highways. Here are some driving times and distances from several different cities:
- Distance from Vancouver to Kelowna: 500 km (312 miles), driving time 4.5 hours.
- Distance from Edmonton to Kelowna: 895 km (559 miles), driving time 8 hours.
- Distance from Calgary to Kelowna: 600 km (374 miles), driving time 5.5 hours.
- Distance from Banff to Kelowna: 475 km (296 miles), driving time 4 hours.
- Distance from Toronto to Kelowna: 2775 km (1725 miles), flying time 4 hours.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific rating formula for romantic hotels which includes:
- Romantic Amenities: suites with an in-room Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families with kids, business travelers, etc)
with Couples & Honeymooners: based on variety of social media & crowd-sourced reviews.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages