Romantic Getaways in Ohio - Awesome Spots for Couples, Cabins, Activities & more
Super-Romantic Getaways in Ohio - Cleveland, Cincinnati, Amish Country & The Lake Erie Shore
Romantic Vacations Home
Couple Watching the Sun Make a "Romantic Getaway" on Ohio's Lake Erie Shoreline
By Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Dec 17, 2016
Got romantic travel in Ohio on your to-do list? You'll love the great mix of cities, country and shoreline in the Buckeye State. And Ohio is known for it's very romantic cabins, inns and B&B's. Let's get to it...
Cleveland OH Romantic Attractions
Fun Days Out in Cleveland for Couples - a ride on Lolly the Trolley is a unique way to tour the downtown area and Lake Erie shoreline in an old-fashioned replica trolley car (Powerhouse at Nautica Complex, Winslow Ave & Sycamore St, Cleveland 216-771-4484).
Sunset Dinner Cruises on Lake Erie - the Nautica Queen sets off regularly for cruises on Lake Eerie. While not quite a gourmet experience (what dinner cruise is?), it gets our vote for one of the best inexpensive romantic night outs in Cleveland (1153 Main Ave, Cleveland OH 216-696-8888).
West Side Market – Cleveland is lucky to have an
indoor food hall & market as awesome as West Side Market. We’ve seen many
markets, but this is seriously one of the best! Plan your romantic trip to Cleveland
well for this must-see; it’s open only on the following days: Monday, Wednesday,
Friday & Saturday (Corner of Lorain & W25, Cleveland, OH).
Romantic Cleveland, OH Restaurants: one place where “dinner with romance” abounds in Cleveland is Ohio City, and for honeymoons or anniversaries, a
natural choice there is Crop Bistro & Bar (2537 Lorain Ave, Cleveland, OH 216-696-2767). Another option is right on the waterfront: Pier W, the place for a very romantic dinner with a
terrific views of Cleveland and Lake Erie (12700 Lake Ave, Winton Place, Lakewood OH 216-228-2250).
Romantic Afternoon on the Lake Erie Shore
Cleveland, OH on the Horizon
Cleveland's Most Romantic Hotels & Inns
- Renaissance Cleveland Hotel - best mix of affordability and romance in the city in our opinion. Just walking into the lobby of this Cleveland hotel will put you into a romantic getaway frame of mind! Now if price didn't matter, we'd choose a couple nights in their whirlpool suite. But otherwise, you can get weekend rates on some dates in 2015 starting at $157/night in a perfectly nice King Room w/free evening turn down service. 2016 Rating* for Romantic Getaways in Cleveland: 70% of Couples Rated it Excellent/Very Good. (24 Public Square, Cleveland OH 216-696-5600)
- Cleveland's Romantic B&B's - check out the latest reviews and deals on bed and breakfasts in Cleveland like the Wallace Manor, Clifford House and Stone Gables B&B.
Cincinnati Romantic Getaway Ideas
Dining on the Old Kentucky Dinner Train
Couple Taking In the Night Lights of Cincinnati
Here's a quick wrap-up of fun and romantic things for couples to do in Cincinnati:
My Old Kentucky Dinner Train: This really sounds like fun! The name says it all: enjoy a fine dinner aboard a 1940’s dining car as you wind your way through the Kentucky countryside. See more here: kydinnertrain.com. (2&1/2 hr drive south of Cincinnati)
Riverboat Excursions on the Ohio River - depart near the Covington Landing floating entertainment complex, across the river from downtown Cincinnati.
4 Romantic Spots in Cincinnati:
1. Bicentennial Commons Park - a nice place for a romantic walk, renting a bike, watching a free concert, or just relaxing on the grass.
2. Carew Tower - 49 floors by elevator, 1 by stairs and $2 later, your trek is rewarded with fantastic views of Cincinnati and the Ohio River.
3. Mt. Adams - this compact neighborhood combines historic architecture with pubs & nightlife, and more views of the city!
4. Riverside Drive Historic District - we're cheating here, as it's across the river & state line in Covington, KY, but anywhere near George Rogers Clark Park would rate as on of greater Cincinnati's best places to propose.
Romantic Restaurants in Cincinnati: The Palace is highly rated by Zagats for luxurious dinners in the opulent Cincinnatian Hotel (601 Vine Street Cincinnati, OH 513-381-6006). 360, atop the Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront (668 W 5th St, Covington, KY 859-491-5300), does just as it's name suggests - wine, dine and rotate you full circle as the only revolving restaurant in the Cincinnati area.
Newlywed? Super-Romantic Honeymoons in Ohio - Packages, Affordable Hotels, and Activities in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus & more.
Romantic Places to Stay in Cincinnati, Ohio
Room at the Romantic BW Mariemont Inn, Cincinnati
Residence Inn Cincinnati Ohio Rooftop Lounge
- Best Western Premier Mariemont Inn - with guest feedback like "truly wonderful" and "a Gem", you know they're doing something very well at this romantic Cincinnati inn. Book in at this Best Western, and you'll get fireplaces, soaker tubs, and a prime location in the great little village of Mariemont (just NE of downtown Cincinnati) with restaurants, a theater and a bistro just a short walk away. Request a top floor room, as they have romantic Victorian-era sloped ceilings and are extra quiet. 2016Rating* for Romantic Getaways in Cincinnati, Ohio Inns: 99% of Couples Rated it Excellent/Very Good. (6880 Wooster Pike, Cincinnati OH 513-271-2100)
- Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown - lots to love about this downtown boutique hotel; huge, comfortable studio rooms and suites with full kitchens and Wi-Fi, plus free hot breakfast and a great location close to Lytle Park Historic District, shops, dining and baseball. You're also going to love the romantic views of the city and river while sipping a cocktail from their rooftop bar and lounge. 2016 Rating* for Romantic Cincinnati, OH Downtown Hotels: 99% of Couples Rated it Excellent/Very Good. (506 East 4th St, Cincinnati OH 513-651-1234)
- The Cincinnatian - you're close to everything in downtown Cincinnati at this historic hotel. Private balconies, plush robes, soaker/Whirlpool tubs and four poster/sleigh beds round out these highly romantic rooms. We would nominate one of their luxury high-end suites (Hannaford or Emery Presidential) as top honeymoon suite in Cincinnati. 2016 Rating* for Romantic Cincinnati Hotels: 79% of Couples Rated it Excellent/Very Good. (601 Vine St, Cincinnati OH 513-381-3000)
Amish Country, OH Getaways
Peaceful Scenery in Ohio's Amish Country
- Donna's Premier Lodging - certainly one of the most popular accommodation choices for honeymooners and couples anywhere in Amish Country. They offer villas, cottages, cabins and Bridal Suites where you can expect a very romantic stay with a fireplace and heart-shaped Jacuzzi tub. 2016 Rating* for Romantic Ohio Amish Country Lodging: 96% of Couples Rated it Excellent/Very Good. (5323 East St, Berlin OH 800-320-3338)
Romantic Getaways in Ohio Cabins
Hocking Hills - The Perfect Romantic Weekend in an Ohio Cabin
Romantic Vacation Rental Cabins in Ohio - book a stay in some really romantic Ohio cabin rentals with Tripping.com. They've got a wide choice of gorgeous log cabin rentals in Ohio's scenic Hocking Hills. Secluded, rustic, cozy and affordable!
Georgian Manner Romantic Ohio Waterfront B&B - a gorgeous lakefront Ohio Bed and breakfast that's ideal for couples, and a perfect spot for your dream Ohio wedding, honeymoon or weekend getaway.
More Romantic Getaways in Ohio
- Romantic Things to Do in Dayton Ohio - couples that appreciate art will enjoy the Dayton Art Institute's paintings from American and European artists, including Monet. Also worthwhile is the National Afro-American Museum and Cultural Center. And for a romantic dinner in Dayton, Oh, try L'Auberge Restaurant (4120 Far Hills Ave), with excellent French dishes and deserts. A cheaper lunch can be found at Seattle East Cafe (33 East First St.) which has some great sandwiches, soups and crepes.
- Romantic Weekends in Columbus Ohio -Things to Do in Columbus would include stops at the German Village & Brewery District. The Village is best described as an “outdoor museum” of antique shops, historic homes, brick sidewalks and some fine restaurants. And like the name suggests, the Brewery district is the place for a drink after hours. And don't miss the great food stands and delicious samples at the North Market (59 Spruce St, Columbus OH).
- Couples Getaways in Hocking Hills – southeast of Columbus, this scenic area is one of the most well-known romantic getaway destinations in Ohio. It's a great place to find a cabin or B&B tucked away among the rolling hills and rocky gorges (they call it the “Romantic Cabin Capital of the Midwest”). The Hocking Valley Scenic Railway is a stand-out scenic train ride in Ohio. The journey through the beautiful hills of southeast Ohio is especially beautiful during spring and fall.
The Excellent North Market in Columbus, OH
Cedar Falls in Hocking Hills, Ohio
*Based on Tripadvisor.com Ratings & Reviews from Couples as of Dec 2016.