Escape on a Romantic Honeymoon in Key West, Florida
Romantic Vacations Home
Romantic Honeymoon Spots
Key West, Florida
FTC: This ERV page uses affiliate links. More.
Sunsets - Another Reason Key West Honeymoons are Special
By: Maureen Mattson, ERV Staff Writer - Updated: Oct 1, 2019
Laid-back Key West could be the perfect Florida honeymoon! Compact and colorful with Caribbean-like weather, this southernmost tip of the USA has a "Bohemian" personality and feel unlike anywhere else in America.
Honeymooning in Key West means no long overseas flights for U.S. Residents, and the cost can be considerably less expensive than going overseas.
All-Inclusive Key West Honeymoon Package
A true honeymoon package should be more than just a run-of-the-mill romance package, which many places offer. We feel that at the very least, breakfast should be included. So with that in mind, here's Excellent Romantic Vacations' top pick:
- Ambrosia Key West Honeymoon Package - this romantic Old Town B&B has a Romantic Package easily suitable for honeymoons, and it comes with champagne, spa robes, sunset sailing ride, bike rental, couples massage, hot breakfast, and certificates for dinner at several local restaurants. 2019 ERV Rating* for Key West Honeymoon Inns: 96% - Excellent. (622 Fleming St, Key West FL 305-296-9838).
More Key West Honeymoon Specials & Romance Deals:
- Little Palm Island Resort & Spa All-Inclusive Honeymoons - technically this is not a resort in Key West, but it is in the Florida Keys: on Little Palm Island, about 28 miles east. Little Palm is like going on a Florida honeymoon on your own private, secluded island. They offer a true all-inclusive luxury Florida Keys honeymoon package: Key West airport transfer and welcome champagne, 6 nights accommodation in a luxury suite, breakfast, lunch and dinner credits, 2 spa credits, sunset sail, water sports amenities, and a romantic turn down service. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Key West Resorts: 90% - Excellent. (28500 Overseas Hwy, Little Torch Key FL 305-872-2524)
- Ocean Key Resort And Spa, Key West, FL - check out this very romantic and award-winning resort in Key West overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. This Ocean Key romantic package treats you to complimentary cocktails on their Sunset Pier, accommodation in a Key West themed-suite, daily waterfront breakfast for two, and a romantic dinner. Honeymoon Package Price: see their website for details. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Key West Resorts: 90% - Excellent. (Zero Duval Street, Key West FL 800-328-9815).
Key West's Best Honeymoon Suites
Ambrosia Key West - Honeymoon Room
- Honeymoon Rooms at the Ambrosia Key West B&B - mentioned above as our #1 pick, this 2nd story suite has a beautiful 2-person jetted spa tub, private entry and a romantic four poster bed. If you don't particularly need an in-room hot tub, they've got 2 other options that look great: "Bob's Place" and "Katie's Kottage" which are townhouse and cottage style accommodation that share a terrific feature: access to a dip pool just steps from the unit.
- Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel Presidential Suite - one of the nicest hotel honeymoon suites in the Key West area belongs to the Marriott Beachside. This is not your ordinary chain hotel suite: there's a very nice whirlpool tub to relax in, his n' her robes, evening turn down service, and a brilliant view of the Gulf of Mexico from your private balcony. Prices for this suite start at around $334/night. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Key West Resorts: 85% - Very Good. (3841 North Roosevelt Blvd, Key West FL 866-679-5490)
South Florida & The Keys: More Romantic Hotels & Getaways
Honeymoon Activities for Couples in Key West
Here's some romantic things to do for couples on a honeymoon in Key West Florida:
Key West sunsets are some of the best in the USA! To really appreciate them, you have to get out on the water. For a romantic sunset cruise, Double Decker Sailing Charters have 3 hour private Key West sunset dinner sailing trips. (201 William St, Key West, FL 305-731-7232)
Key West Conch Train Tour - a fun way to see historic Old Town, Hemingway House and the Historic Seaport. (303 Front st, Key West, FL 305-294-5161)
Duval Street - don't miss at night for shopping, eating and people watching.
Other Key West romantic places and activities include:
- Sunset celebration at Mallory Square
- Rent a bike or scooter. They're fun ways to explore Key West, or...
- hire a convertible, and go for a sunny drive up the Keys!
- For one of the best sunsets in Key West, make your way up to the roof-top of the Crowne Plaza La Concha Hotel
Beach Lovers - Key West is not known for long stretches of sandy beach. We found better places just a few miles north in the Florida Keys, especially at Bahia Honda.
Key West Travel Info - The distance from Miami to Key West is 164 miles (255 km). Best time to visit Key West and the Florida Keys is pretty much anytime, but keep in mind that hurricane season runs from July to November.
Romantic Places to Dine in Key West
A few picks for romantic restaurants in Key West:
- Michael’s Restaurant - an award-winning location specializing in great seafood, steaks and deserts, nestled back in a quiet residential part of Key West. Try for a table in the outdoor garden area. (532 Margaret Street, Key West 305- 295-1300)
- Louie’s Backyard- considered one of the best restaurants in Key West for superb ocean views, with a terrace that has to be one of the most romantic places to eat in Key west!. Serving steaks and seafood with a Caribbean flair. (700 Waddell Avenue, Key West 305- 294-1061)
- The Grand Café- situated in a fully restored Victorian Mansion on Duval St. The right spot for sipping a glass of wine, enjoying an appetizer and just watching people go by. (314 Duval Street, Key West 305-292-4740)
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific rating formula for romantic hotels which includes:
- Romantic Amenities: suites with an in-room Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families with kids, business travelers, etc)
with Couples & Honeymooners: based on variety of social media & crowd-sourced reviews.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages