Texas Honeymoon Suites & Packages in Romantic Hotels, Resorts & Cabins
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
By: Maureen Mattson, ERV Asst Editor - Updated: May 24, 2023
Texas is more than romantic enough for a great honeymoon!
San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Texas Hill Country, and the Gulf Coast are all destinations worthy of any special newlywed getaway. Let's find out some more...
(Please Note: Honeymoon packages described on this page are subject to availability and may change without notice. Prices listed are also subject to change; please contact the hotel or inn directly before making firm travel or honeymoon arrangements.)
San Antonio TX Honeymoon Resorts, Hotels & Packages
hotel valencia riverwalk
Suite at the Hotel Valencia Riverwalk, San Antonio
- Hotel Valencia Riverwalk San Antonio - We would rate this hotel by the Riverwalk as our top pick for honeymooners in San Antonio. Rooms and suites are designed with a tasteful Spanish touch, with some offering sit-out balconies and river views. The bar and terrace areas are particularly romantic and great spots to relax and soak up the atmosphere. 2023 ERV Rating: 88% - Very Good. (150 E. Houston St, San Antonio TX 210-227-9700)
jw marriott san antonio
Spacious Honeymoon-Ready Suite at JW Marriott San Antonio
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa - This Texas resort has got it all: Golf course, infinity pool, spa, (try the “inhalation room”), water park with Lazy River, separate Adult Pool & Hot Tub, seven restaurants, and a super-romantic outdoor patio and waterfall. Luxury suites include Juliette balconies, jetted tubs, and plush robes. The resort is about a half-hour drive from San Antonio, but still close enough to attractions such as Natural Bridge Cavern, Sea World, and Hill Country wineries. 2023 ERV Rating* for Texas Honeymoon Resorts: 82% - Very Good. (23808 Resort Pkwy, San Antonio TX 210-276-2500)
riverwalk plaza hotel
Jetted Tub Suite - Riverwalk Plaza Hotel
- Riverwalk Plaza Hotel - If you prefer your San Antonio honeymoon suite with a jetted tub, try the Executive or Presidential rooms at this boutique hotel. They offer a full breakfast each morning, and you'll be within walking distance to restaurants, the Alamo and Market Square. 2023 ERV Rating: 72% - Good. (100 Villita St, San Antonio TX 210-225-1234)
- San Antonio, Texas Honeymoon Packages - be sure to check out Noble Inn's Ultimate Romance Package, which includes champagne, chocolates, and a horse and carriage tour San Antonio's Historic District.
romantic san antonio honeymoon ideas
The River Walk is a Great Place for Honeymooners in San Antonio, TX
- River Walk - Lined with shops and restaurants that stay open late, the River Walk is certainly one of San Antonio's most romantic spots. Take a boat cruise or river taxi for two to learn about the historic landmarks, and be sure to sneak a kiss on Selena’s Bridge, particularly romantic at night. And visit tiny Marriage Island with its Montezuma Cypress tree and stone benches.
- Market Square - Shop for imported goods from Latin America and sample great Tex-Mex food.
- Singing Water Vineyards- Every Texas Hill Country honeymoon needs some wine tasting! Check for music and arts events as well. 51 miles NW of San Antonio via Interstate 10.
Houston, Texas Honeymoons
The Lancaster Has 9 Suites Perfect for Your Houston Honeymoon Getaway
- The Lancaster Hotel - originally built in 1926, this boutique hotel is a Houston landmark, and member of Historic Hotels of America. Marble finishes in the bathrooms, along with oversize showers, tubs and luxurious bedding make the rooms comfortable and inviting. A complimentary breakfast buffet of hot and cold food is offered on the second floor. The Worth Theater Center is only a block away and hosts some great performances throughout the year. If you prefer to go farther afield, a free shuttle service is available in a 15-block area. 2023 ERV Rating* for Houston, Texas Honeymoon Hotels: 94% - Excellent. (701 Texas Ave, Houston TX 800-231-0336)
honeymoon b&B in houston:
Sara's Inn, one of the Most Romantic B&B"s in Houston
- Sarah’s Inn - this romantic bed and breakfast just cannot be described without using the words “adorable” and “charming”. Sarah’s location in the beautiful tree-lined Houston Heights neighborhood makes an ideal romantic getaway location. Originally a Victorian cottage from the late 1800s, it’s close to parks, bike trails, shops award-winning restaurants, and other Houston attractions. There's 11 unique rooms with en-suite bathrooms, some with Whirlpool tub, and in the morning delicious breakfasts, plus complimentary snacks and drinks during the daytime. Parking and Wi-Fi are free, but minimum stays are required. 2023 ERV Rating* for Houston, TX Romantic B&B's: 96% - Excellent. (941 Heights Boulevard, Houston TX 713-868-1130)
houston tx honeymoon packages
- BlissWood Romantic Texas Packages - just 1 hour west of Houston, this romantic B&B ranch has got a fine choice of packages for honeymoons and romantic escapes. Romantic dinners, picnic lunches, horseback riding and much more.
Newlyweds on a Texas Beach
romantic houston honeymoon ideas:
- WaterWall Park - A 64 story "Urban Waterfall" in the Galleria area of Houston. Try to visit at night!
Honeymoon Cabins in Texas
Romantic Cabin for Your Texas Honeymoon!
Texas Vacation Rental Log Cabin Bedroom
More Romantic Texas Trips:
Honeymoons in Dallas, Texas
rosewood mansion on turtle creek
Honeymoon-Ready Suite at the Rosewood Mansion in Dallas
- Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek - Beautifully restored, and now a romantic icon among Dallas boutique hotels. Located in the fashionable neighborhood of Turtle Creek, a quiet and secluded area with beautiful homes and walking trails, but still close to downtown attractions and great restaurants. Their Mansion Restaurant is both romantic and relaxed, and why not ask about Al fresco dining on their terrace. 2023 ERV Rating* for Dallas, Texas Honeymoon Hotels: 88% - Very Good. (2821 Turtle Creek Blvd, Dallas TX 214-559-2100)
Hotel Adolphus in Dallas, TX
Rooftop Pool at the Hotel Adolphus
- Hotel Adolphus - This top-rated Dallas Marriott hotel has a beautiful 850 square foot honeymoon suite, complete with king bed, plush robes, walk-in shower, and your own private terrace with views of downtown Dallas. Don't miss cocktails for 2 at the terrific French Room, and some time in the sun upstairs at their rooftop pool. 2023 ERV Rating*: 86% - Very Good. (1321 Commerce St, Dallas TX 214-742-8200)
Dallas tx honeymoon suggestions:
- Irving TX Romantic Gondola Rides - Sunset, serenading gondolier and chocolates for your ride together on Mandalay Canal in nearby Irving TX. (357 West Fork, Irving TX 855-466-3652)
- Texas Discovery Gardens – Ten themed areas to explore together. Be sure to check out the butterfly arboretum. (3601 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Dallas TX)
Galveston TX Honeymoons
tremont house hotel
Tremont House, Galveston TX
Romantic Room at Tremont House
- The Tremont House - In the heart of the Strand District, and within walking distance of many Galveston attractions, including the cruise ship terminal, this beach hotel is a romantic option for your Texas honeymoon. There are 119 guest rooms and suites, decorated with 19th Century charm. Some have hardwood floors and high ceilings, and all have complimentary Wi-Fi. Be sure to check out the rooftop bar, and take advantage of the pool and spa at their sister property, Hotel Galvez (free shuttle provided). 2023 ERV Rating* for Galveston, TX Honeymoon Hotels: 88% - Very Good. (2300 Ships Mechanic Row, Galveston TX 409-763-0300)
make sure your galveston honeymoon includes:
- Galveston Island - Boasts some of the most spectacular sunrises in the world! Pack a picnic breakfast and head to the quieter western end of the beach.
- Moody Gardens Hotel - For a great view of the sunset (or any time of day), take the elevator to the 9th floor. Have a drink together at Shearn’s Lounge and look out over Moody Gardens Pyramids and the waterfront. (You can also tour the Gardens and learn about conservation and wildlife.)
- Explore the Gulf of Mexico - Book a Pier 21 boat tour and choose from sunset cruises, jet boat adventures, dolphin tours and more.
Us Relaxing on the Beach in Galveston
Romantic Honeymoons in Austin, Texas
kimber modern hotel
The Kimber Modern is a Great Choice for a Honeymoon in Austin TX ©TripAdvisor
- Kimber Modern Hotel - This boutique hotel in the hip “SoCo” (South Congress) area of Austin is a work of art in itself! Brightly-colored and wonderfully decorated, with complimentary breakfast, beverages, parking and Wi-Fi. Only seven rooms in total, and an inviting 600-square foot common room where you can make your own breakfast or grab an Italian soda or beer and chat awhile. The outdoor courtyard has a 100-year old giant Oak tree and multi-level deck with private seating, hammocks and a 20-foot water feature. Honeymoon Tip: The Red Suite offers a frosted glass bathroom with walk-in shower and soaking tub, while the White Suite has all that plus a private deck. 2023 ERV Rating* for Austin, TX Honeymoon Hotels: 96% - Excellent. (110 The Circle, Austin TX 512-912-1046)
Serene Pool at Miraval in Austin TX
- Miraval Austin - Located on the edge of the Canyon Lands Preserve, The Travaasa is great for those who are seeking an active Texas honeymoon at a quiet wellness resort. The experiences here are vast and varied: Take a guided hike, try some wine tasting, or book a cooking, chocolate or chicken keeping class! Full and half-day spa packages are available, and there’s a couple’s suite with secluded vitality pool, couple’s shower, steam room, outdoor courtyard and daybed. 2023 ERV Rating*: 84% - Very Good. (13500 FM 2769, Austin TX 877-714-3685)
austin texas honeymoon packages
- Inexpensive Austin, TX Romantic Hotel Packages - perfect for honeymoons is the affordable Lone Star Court Hotel. You get champagne and strawberries on arrival, accommodation in one of their romantic "retro" rooms, a $100 spa credit, continental breakfast and a later check-out at 2 PM. Prices start at $269/night.
Scenic Mt. Bonnell in Austin, TX
romantic austin tx honeymoon ideas:
- Scenic Views - make the short hike up to Mt. Bonnell for a panoramic look at Austin and the Colorado River. (3800 Mount Bonnel Rd, Austin TX)
- The Blue Starlight - an old-fashioned drive-in theater with space for only space for 50 cars, so it’s not too crowded. They play classics, and have 2 locations in Austin.
- Capital Cruises - take along a picnic lunch and rent a swan pedal boat for a look around Ladybird Lake. The sunset Bat Cruise is interesting too.
Honeymoon Getaways in South Padre Island, TX
la copa inn beach hotel
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel ©TripAdvisor
La Copa Honeymoon Suite ©TripAdvisor
- La Copa Inn - Another fine beachfront hotel with beach-side pool area serviced by Copa Cabana Bar and Grill. Book a tour from the lobby’s concierge desk, or just stay in and order room service. The King room with ocean view, balcony and hot tub is the perfect South Padre honeymoon suite. For an additional $10 each, you can get a hot breakfast (we’re talking omelet stations!) plus free parking and Wi-Fi. Direct beach access is through a walkway and a few stairs. Ask about the free island shuttle that stops in front of the hotel. 2023 ERV Rating for Texas Gulf Coast Honeymoon Inns: 74% - Good. (350 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island TX 956-825-2878)
hilton garden inn south padre island beachfront
Beachfront Pool, Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island
- Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island - This romantic beachfront hotel has an oceanfront pool and large deck/gazebo area close to where you can purchase food and drinks. Rooms include a fridge and microwave, free Wi-Fi and parking, three-jet body showers, private balconies and great views of the Gulf of Mexico. Honeymooners will love the part or full beach view rooms. 2023 ERV Rating* for South Padre Island Honeymoon Hotels: 80% - Very Good. (7010 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island TX 956-761-8700)
south padre honeymoon packages
- South Padre Island Pearl Resort Honeymoon Package - the Pearl South Padre Oceanfront Resort has put together something just for couples, and includes a stay in a romantic room, sparkling wine, chocolate strawberries, breakfast for 2 and a late check-out.
romantic south padre island experiences:
Romantic Stroll Along the Waves, South Padre Island
- Build a Sandcastle - contact Sandy Feet Sand Castle Services and learn how to build a killer castle!
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based on social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
top hotels, getaways & packages on ERV