Florida Honeymoon Resorts, Packages & Romantic Things to Do
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
Romantic Vacations Home
By: Maureen Mattson, ERV Asst Editor - Updated: Oct 30, 2021
Florida remains the top choice as a tropical honeymoon destination in the continental U.S. Especially if you can't make it to the Caribbean or Hawaii, a honeymoon on one of Florida's wonderful coastlines will get your married life off to a warm and memorable start.
We've combined our choices for Florida honeymoon resorts, hotels and cottages below with some package options and ideas for things to do on your honeymoon.
Disclaimer: JACUZZI® is a registered
trademark owned by Jacuzzi Inc. The use of the JACUZZI® trademark on this
website is for informational purposes only. There is no relationship,
connection or affiliation between this website and Jacuzzi Inc. or its related
companies. Rates shown are approximate only. Hotel rooms, jetted tubs and amenities can change, and may not be exactly as shown, so please contact the hotel or inn before making travel plans.
Northern & Central Florida Honeymoon Resorts & Suites
Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa
Ocean View Suite at Hilton Sandestin Beach Resort
Pool at the Hilton Sandestin Resort in Destin, FL
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa - With over 30 year’s experience in providing an amazing honeymoon destination, this Hilton resort has a lot to offer those recovering from all the excitement and work of their big day. You’ll want to choose a guest suite with full Gulf views so that you can sit out on the private balcony together. Opting for the Presidential suite means you get your own kitchen, but you may not feel like cooking on this adventure. So book a secluded table for two in Seager’s Steak and Seafood House Wine Room, where it’s just the two of you and the stacks of fine wines. Then customize a couple’s spa date. Side-by-side couple’s massage is a favorite. 2021 ERV Rating* for Destin, Florida Honeymoon Resorts: 74% - Good. (4000 Sandestin Boulevard South, Miramar Beach FL 800-559-1805) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
- Beachcomber Cottages on Vilano Beach in St. Augustine - If it’s your honeymoon, you’ve got see the Lagoon Cottage…..it’s got a private pool! Your own saltwater blue lagoon with a waterfall where you can be alone. You also get an airy suite with living room that opens onto the second story porch with ocean view. Get breakfast and Happy Hour at the nearby Bayfront Marin House or make your own meals in the full kitchen inside your little cottage. Oh, did we mention this cottage is just steps away from the Atlantic? How about a sunset snack on the beach? 2021 ERV Rating* for St. Augustine FL Honeymoon Cottages: 86% - Very Good. (10A and 10B Beachcomber Way, St Augustine FL 866-256-5887)
Beachfront Cottage in Seaside, FL
Queen Bedroom and Private Balcony
Living Room with Fireplace
- Beachfront 10 Honeymoon Cottage in Seaside, Florida - These Gulf-front cottages behind the dunes combine the freedom of a private home with the luxury experience of a resort. You get bikes, beach chairs and umbrellas, and a private screened porch with whirlpool tub. Kitchen and dining room along with living room area include a fireplace, and there's a hammock where you can swing together and take in the Gulf views. For your honeymoon, their personal concierge can customize your stay and look after all the arrangements for various activities. Seaside guests also have access to 3 pools, 6 tennis courts and many other activities. You are also within walking distance to several restaurants and shops. 2021 ERV Rating* for Florida Honeymoon Cottages: N/A (2070 E. County Hwy 30A, Seaside FL 866-310-5718)
Hilton Grand Vacations Suites International Drive Orlando, FL
Orlando FL Honeymoon Whirlpool Suite
Hilton Grand Vacations Resort Orlando - Pool
- Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village Orlando - For those who want to honeymoon close to all the Orlando attractions, this is a convenient location with some romantic touches. Go for a luxurious suite with kitchen, jetted tub and balcony. Then get outside to see the Mediterranean-inspired landscaping, and restful pool areas. Tip for Honeymooner’s: When checking in, ask for a room with a lake view. 2021 ERV Rating* for Orlando FL Honeymoon Resorts: 86% - Very Good. (8122 Arrezzo Way, Orlando FL 407-465-2600) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
more orlando honeymoon suites
Floridays Jetted Tub Suite
- Floridays Resort Orlando - a great addition to any honeymoon near WDW is this Orlando resort, with it's spacious suites featuring JACUZZI Tubs, 2 pools w/cafe & bar, fitness center and much more. 2021 ERV Rating for Central Florida Honeymoon Suites: 93% - Excellent. (12562 International Dr, Orlando FL 877-821-3018) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
Honeymoon-Ready: Marriott Cypress Harbour
- Marriott Cypress Harbour Villas - this top-rated Marriott resort near WDW is all set to provide you with a wonderful honeymoon in one of their 2-bedroom villas with an over-sized jetted tub. 2021 ERV Rating* for Orlando Honeymoon Suites: 96% - Excellent. (11251 Harbour Villa Rd, Orlando FL 407-238-1300) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
Florida Gulf Coast Honeymoon Resorts
La Playa Hi-Rise Resort in Naples, FL
Bedroom at La Playa Resort in Naples, FL
- La Playa Beach and Golf Resort in Naples Florida - Why honeymoon here? One good reason is there exclusive poolside cabanas for two! Rent them from 9 AM to sunset and just stay put! You get reclining cushioned seats, ceiling fan, shaded table and chairs, pool side lounges, Wi-Fi, and a lock box to keep your things safe as you swim. Attendants will be by to provide cool water, cold towels and sorbet. Add on a 40-inch HDTV, some mojitos and lunch, and you are set. Now THAT’S a honeymoon! 2021 ERV Rating* for Naples, Florida Honeymoon Resorts: 94% - Excellent. (9891 Gulf Shore Dr, Naples FL 239-597-3123) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
- Watergarden Inn at the Bay, St. Petersberg - If you prefer a B&B style inn to a large resort for your honeymoon, Watergarden on the Bay has 14 unique suites in two buildings. We love the Lighthouse suite on the third floor because you will be the only guests on that floor. Tucked away with a Grand Savannah Canopy king bed in a little dormer room of its own, you will truly be secluded and comfortable. The suite also offers a double whirlpool tub and lots of other romantic touches. Lush gardens and a pool with water spouts completes the picture. 2021 ERV Rating* for St. Petersburg FL Honeymoon Inns: 88% - Very Good. (126 4th Ave Northeast St, Petersburg FL 888-873-2122) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
South Florida Luxury Honeymoon Resorts & Suites
Bedroom at Marriott Key Largo Resort
Ocean View from the Private Balcony
- Marriott Resort Key Largo - Ah! The “Floribbean”! The Marriott Resort Key Largo calls itself “the quintessential island escape for your honeymoon”. With the emphasis on “private” (think: private beach, private spa treatments, breakfast in bed, maybe some coral reef exploration with a private guide), this Marriott can design a honeymoon personalized for just the two of you. Think about upgrading to the penthouse suite just for its wrap-around balcony and amazing beach views. 2021 ERV Rating* for Florida Keys Honeymoon Resorts: 74% - Very Good. (103800 Overseas Highway, Key Largo FL 305-453-0000) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
- Little Palm Island Resort & Spa - finding a wilderness retreat in Florida is very difficult, and certainly not cheap. But if you're willing to splurge, perhaps for your honeymoon or a 25th anniversary trip, Little Palm Island is back for a grand re-opening after Hurricane Irma. There's 5&1/2 acres of luxury tropical paradise waiting for you on this private island resort, and after a few nights in one of their romantic thatched-roof bungalows, you'll see why this has been a favorite secluded retreat for celebs and presidents. 2021 ERV Rating* for Luxury Florida Honeymoon Resorts: 88% - Very Good. Rates from $1999/night. (28500 Overseas Hwy, Little Torch Key FL 800-343-8567) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
Florida Vacation & Honeymoon Packages
- Orlando Romantic Hotels & Packages - Disney & luxury resorts at rock-bottom prices, plus promo codes, resorts credits and limited time specials on Orlando hotels and resort packages.
more Ideas for Florida Honeymoon Destinations
No 2 people or couples are the same. For some, they want total R&R at the resort during their honeymoon, while others prefer a mix of relaxation and activities. Assuming that you'll want to spend at least some of your honeymoon vacation at your resort, the following are some activity and itinerary ideas to make the most of your Florida honeymoon...
Northern & Central Florida Honeymoons:
- St Augustine: Victory III Scenic Cruise Lines will take you on a sunset cruise while you sip champagne. Learn about the Bridge of Lions and other city fixtures as you sail up the Bay for about an hour and 15-minutes. (904-824-1806)
- Destin: Book a romantic daytime or sunset private sailing excursion on a catamaran through Sail Away Destin (850-376-4757). Sail the sunny Gulf of Mexico, and ask about their dolphin viewing and snorkeling trips.
- Orlando: Try Farris and Foster’s Chocolate Factory. On Friday nights you can BYOB and make your own chocolates to the tune of your favorite romantic music. (4875 New Broad St, Orlando FL) Afterwards, you can burn off that delicious chocolate by pedaling a giant swan boat for two on Lake Eola. (512 E. Washington St, Orlando FL) In Winter Park, there's romantic dining and wine tasting. Find out more about romantic things to do in Orlando here.
- WDW Characters in Flight: If you love romantic fireworks, but wish to escape the Disney World crowds, get the aerial view from a tethered balloon rising up over 400 ft high. 2015 rates are only $18 per person, with tickets available at Downtown Disney West Side.
Florida Gulf Coast Honeymoons:
- St. Petersberg: Try the rooftop deck of the Hurricane Seafood Restaurant in St. Pete Beach and watch the sunset as you taste their famous Grouper Sandwich. (809 Gulf Way, St Pete Beach FL) In the little Greek village of Tarpon Springs, there's arts and crafts, great Greek dining and nightlife.
- Naples: Get a Princess cruise (sunset or dinner) on a luxury yacht and see the beauty of Naples Bay from the water. Some cruises even have live entertainment. (239-649-2275) Naples is one of the best spots on the Gulf Coast for a Florida honeymoon. See our Romantic Naples FL Getaways for more info.
- Sanibel Island Honeymoons: Rent a bike or moped to really experience the quietly beautiful waterways and little bridges and shopping areas of Sanibel. Don’t miss the views and sunsets from Dixie Beach Road.
- Sarasota: Take a romantic stroll to watch the sunset or spot dolphins at the little pavilion on Nakomis Beach. Then stop by Morton’s Gourmet Market (100-1924 S. Osprey Ave) to create your own romantic meal-to-go without all the work and preparation. They’ve got a nice wine selection too. For more Romantic Sarasota ideas, click here.
Honeymoons in South Florida & The Keys
- Miami: Watch the sunset over Biscayne Bay and the city from the Sunset Lounge at Mondrian South Beach. They’ve even got “kissing corners”! (1100 West Ave, South Beach FL)
- Florida Keys: Behold the Keys like never before with a helicopter tour from Old City Helicopters. The “See Everything” tour takes you close to a lighthouse and coral reef, while the shorter and spectacular “Sunset Tour” is 20 minutes of pure romantic indulgence. (9850 Overseas Hwy, Marathon FL 305-619-9603) In Key West, check out Islescapes (305-923-3319) private snorkeling and dolphin-watching cruises. You can visit the reefs and have lunch just for the two of you while anchored on the keys.
- Fort Lauderdale: The Jungle Queen Riverboat (801 Seabreeze Blvd, 954-462-5596) offers a three-hour sightseeing cruise. It takes you up New River, past Millionaires Row, through the downtown and part of the Everglades, and stops for a while at the Jungle Queen Indian Village. See our Fort Lauderdale Romantic Vacation section for more ideas on getaways for 2.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
√ COVID Safety Plan: identifies hotels and inns that clearly indicate they are taking measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages