Marco Island Honeymoon Getaways - Hotels & Resort Packages
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
Romantic Vacations Home
Marco Island, FL
Marco Island Gives Honeymooners a Great Spot to Enjoy & Relax on the Florida Gulf Coast
By Maureen Mattson, ERV Staff Writer - Updated Sep 26, 2020
Marco is the largest of the Ten Thousand Islands on the Gulf of Mexico in Southern Florida. It’s a great place for honeymooners to relax on the long sandy beaches, play in the waves, or take a dolphin-spotting cruise. The island is somewhat secluded (but not isolated), and quieter than some other resort areas on the southwest Florida coast.
If gorgeous sunsets on the beach without too many people around sounds like your ideal honeymoon, Marco Island could be your spot on the Florida Gulf Coast.
Best Time for a Honeymoon on Marco Island: The tropical climate on Marco Island makes it a pleasant escape any time of the year. Peak season for tourism is January to April, with locals recommending April and May as the best months for enjoying the ocean (water warms up nicely), but not oppressively hot temps.
Romantic Marco Island Hotels & Honeymoon Suites
Pool at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort
Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort
- Marco Beach Ocean Resort - a four diamond Marco Island beach resort that's a favorite with couples on honeymoon and wedding anniversaries on Florida's West Coast. In addition to the ocean view suites with marble baths and Rooftop Pool, you'll love some of the wonderful traditions the resort cherishes, such as "Smoothie on the Beach", "Turtle Turndown" and "Captain's Bell at Sunset". What Other Honeymooners Liked: Plenty of Beach Chairs and Umbrellas...One Bedroom Suite with Gulf of Mexico Views...Italian Cuisine at Sale E Pepe Restaurant. 2020 ERV Rating* for Marco Island Honeymoon Resorts: 92% - Excellent. (480 South Collier Blvd, Marco Island FL 239-393-1400)
- Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort - this romantic Marco Island beachfront resort boasts a new heated outdoor pool, spa and fitness center, and several dining options including a mobile snack cart on the beach. The resort has easy access to outlet shopping as well as dolphin and manatee eco-tours. What Other Couples Liked: Beautiful Pool & Views...Movie Theater Across the Street...Comfortable and Spacious Rooms. 2020 ERV Rating* for Marco Island Honeymoon Hotels: 82% - Very Good. (560 South Collier Blvd, Marco Island FL 239-394-5000)
JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort
Honeymoon-Ready: Marriott Lanai Suite
Beach Huts, JW Marriott Marco Island Resort
- JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort - perfectly situated on the doorstep of 3 miles of gorgeous white-sand beach. The Lanai Suites are ideal for romantic vacations and honeymoons, with spacious living areas, lanai outside, pool & ocean views, evening turn down service and much more. What Other Honeymooners Liked: Breakfast Buffet...Cocktails and Ocean Views at the Tiki Bar...Sunset Fire Dancer. 2020 ERV Rating* for Marco Island Romantic Hotels: 90% - Excellent. (400 South Collier Blvd, Marco Island FL 239-934-2511)
Day Trips from Marco Island
More Romantic Gulf Coast Getaways on ERV:
Romantic Things to Do on Your Marco Island Honeymoon:
1. Rent a kayak and paddle along the Marco River or small islands
2. Go for a romantic Dinner at Sale E Pepe Restaurant (Marco Beach Ocean Resort)
3. Enjoy a sunset dinner cruise on the Marco Island Princess
4. Watch the dolphins play from a 30-foot catamaran eco-tour
5. Tour the Marco Island Brewery
6. Take a day trip to Keewaydin Island using Hemingway Water Shuttle service and have a picnic on the beach.
7. Search for shells and sand dollars on South Marco Beach or Tigertail Beach.
How to Get to Marco Island, FL
Fly into the small airport in Naples or the International Airport in Fort Myers, and drive across one of the two bridges onto Marco. Car rentals, metered taxis and fixed-fare services are all available.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based on social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
√ COVID Safety Plan: identifies hotels and inns that clearly indicate they are taking measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages