Romantic Florida Vacations - Hotels, resorts & getaway ideas
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Nov 18, 2022
Romantic Miami South Beach at Sunset
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
Probably the last thing you want on your escape to the Sunshine State is to stand in line at a theme park or get run over by Spring Break crowds. So we've compiled some of our best romantic Florida vacation ideas, photos and reviews for those looking for relaxation, quiet(er) beaches, and things to do "for 2".
Best Time to Visit Florida: there's just a couple of times & places to avoid when planning a trip to Florida, and those are certain beach destinations during Spring Break, and the higher heat, humidity and rainfall from mid-May to the end of August.
Romantic getaways & hotels in Florida:
Gulf Coast: naples
Sun, Sand & Palm Trees on the Beach in Naples, FL
- Naples - while most of Florida's Gulf of Mexico Coast is highly attractive, we find Naples just a little bit extra-awesome. It's got a beautiful main street, several very impressive boutique hotels and inns, and outstanding dining spots of all description. Of course, because it's on Florida's West Coast, you get a stunning sunset on the beach every evening.
naples, FL Romantic Hotel: inn on fifth
Inn on Fifth ©TripAdvisor
Rooftop Pool - Inn on Fifth ©TripAdvisor
- Inn on Fifth - perfectly located in the heart of downtown Naples, The Inn on Fifth provides an ideal getaway, anniversary or honeymoon on the Florida Gulf Coast. This historic inn's 119 rooms and suites will inspire you with amenities that include private balconies, robes, Wi-Fi, Flat Screen TV's, Italian marble bathrooms, and Whirlpool tubs in selected Terrace Suites. Their rooftop pool is pretty awesome too. 2022 ERV Rating* for Romantic Florida Hotels: 92% - Excellent. (699 5th Avenue South, Naples, Florida 888-403-8778)
- Naples FL Romantic Getaways - as described above, a very romantic spot for a week or weekend on the Gulf Coast. We've got some suggestions and ratings by couples for places to stay and where to eat in Naples, one of the nicest small cities anywhere in Florida.
Walking the Pier at the Beach in Naples, Florida
st. pete beach
Saint Hotel - A Fun Romantic Getaway on Florida's Gulf Coast
- The Saint - Laid-back boutique hotel with a great location just across the street from the beach and within easy reach of local bars and restaurants. Rooms are spacious (some with partial views of the Gulf of Mexico), and have small kitchenettes, espresso machines, reliable Wi-Fi and more. Champagne with your check-in, live music by the pool, pink flamingos and friendly staff gives you a good idea of the vibe here. 2022 ERV Rating*: 94% - Excellent. (7201 Sunset Way, St. Pete Beach FL 727-360-0120)
- Key West - despite the first 1/2 of the journey south through the Florida Keys beginning to resemble a strip mall, the end of U.S. Highway 1 is still worth the drive. There's a small supply of nice beaches to be discovered, delicious Key Lime pie to try, and musicians and street performers ready to join you in saying goodbye to the sun every night at Mallory Square.
|Southernmost Resort Pool ©TripAdvisor
|King Suite, Southernmost Resort ©TripAdvisor
- Southernmost Beach Resort - the highlight of our 2 nights in Key West was definitely this romantic inn. Updated rooms with many amenities and Wi-Fi, 2 pools (one with a bar and one just for adults), plenty of parking, and you can walk to Duval St shops and restaurants. 2022 ERV Rating* for Romantic Key West Florida Inns: 86% - Very Good. (1319 Duval St, Key West, FL 800-354-4455)
- Key West FL Honeymoon Vacations - rather drive to the Caribbean than fly? Key West is as close to the tropics as you can get in the continental USA. This guide can help you locate a super-romantic honeymoon package, resort and suite in Key West.
marriott cypress harbour villas
Beautiful Lake in Front of Marriott Cypress Harbour Villas in Orlando, FL
- Marriott Cypress Harbour Villas - beautiful top-rated resort in Orlando, perfectly suited to romantic getaways. Suites are luxurious and fitted with large 2-person jetted spa tubs, and there's activities galore including jogging, tennis, mini-golf and more. Or, just relax with a drink at one of the 3 pools. 2022 ERV Rating* for Orlando Whirlpool Suites: 92% - Excellent. (11251 Harbour Villa Rd, Orlando FL 407-238-1300)
- Orlando FL Romantic Getaways - Orlando? As in WDW? Yup, there's many reasons why you might find yourself here: the cheapest flight to Florida you could get was to MCO, breaking up a north to south road trip, or, you're doing it for the kids. So let us share with you a few parts of the city and the greater Orlando area that we discovered were ideal for a romantic weekend, day or evening away.
Couple Walking Along the Water at Sunset on Florida's Gulf Coast
- Sarasota Romantic Getaways - celeb's like Jerry Springer and AC/DC's Brian Johnson decided to call Sarasota home, and we wish we could too! But, we had to settle for a brief exploration of this precious piece of sand, sunsets and civility along the Gulf of Mexico. Our page includes ideas for romantic activities as well as a very cool boutique inn just dripping with romance...
Relaxing at the Beach in Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Romantic Weekend Getaway Ideas - imagine a somewhat more laid-back version of Miami Beach with affordable hotels and parking. If a day on the sparkling Fort Lauderdale sand still leaves you craving more "refined" surroundings, just hop on over to the shops and cafes on Las Olas Boulevard.
w Fort lauderdale
W Fort Lauderdale Resort ©TripAdvisor
Room at the W Fort Lauderdale ©TripAdvisor
- W Fort Lauderdale - Romantic oceanside hotel loaded up with all sorts of amenities like 2 heated infinity pools with pool bar, on-site spa and several restaurants (even a vegan option!), and suites with robes, Nespresso machines and floor to ceiling windows. For a special occasion like a honeymoon or anniversary, upgrade to the WOW Suite with it's jetted Whirlpool tub, wrap-around balcony and panoramic views. 2022 ERV Rating*: 80% - Very Good. (401 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale FL 866-837-4203)
Romantic Florida jetted tub suites:
- Florida Jetted Tub Suites - reviews of hotels and inns with honeymoon whirlpool suites in South, Central and Northern Florida.
HD Video: Florida's Best Romantic Destinations
We compressed 2 weeks worth of romantic travel in Florida down to 2 minutes of video clips from great places like Ft Myers, Miami, Key West and more. Hope this brief montage of destinations helps inspire some ideas in you for your next getaway to the Sunshine State.
Romantic Smaller Towns & Places to Stay in Florida
fort pierce - Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel
Ft. Pierce - lots to take in here, including a visit to the adorable Cobb General Store (established in the late 1800's) as well as a walk through the restored waterfront.
Hutchinson Plaza Hotel & Suites, Fort Pierce FL
- Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel & Suites - Affordable romantic getaway in Fort Pierce with a waterside pool & hot tub, and it's own small private inlet beach in front. 2022 ERV Rating* for Romantic Ft. Pierce Hotels: 88% - Very Good. (1230 Seaway Drive, Hutchinson Island, Fort Pierce FL 772-595-0711)
Amelia Island: Residence Inn
Amelia Island - synonymous with romance and Florida, this romantic Barrier Island in the NE tip of the state is filled with parks, beach walks and charming old homes & shops in the Historic District.
Aerial View of the Residence Inn Amelia Island
- Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island - Stay in this Marriott with it's outdoor pool and fire pit, and you're with walking distance to the beach and just 3 KM's from the Historic District (free shuttle). 2022 ERV Rating*: 90% - Excellent. (2301 Sadler Road, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island FL 904-277-2440)
Flagler Beach - more than just another piece of nice white sand, Flagler excels in wildlife viewing opportunities (including whale watching) as well as a number of excellent seafood restaurants and waterfront pubs.
Florida's Most Romantic Beaches
Florida's Beaches - One of the Biggest Attractions for Romantic Travel in the State
1. Lover's Key, Fort Myers Beach - with a name like this, it has to be near the top of romantic sandy spots in the state, right? Pay the fee for entrance to this state park (2022 rates are $8 per vehicle, well worth it), and you'll find plenty of space, choice hidden trails and spots for relaxing, and a chance for spotting dolphins or manatees just offshore.
2. Sanibel Island - the sand is specacular in most Florida beaches, but Sanibel seems extra nice. Plus, it's a quiet spot most of the time, and a great place for shell collecting.
3. South Beach, Miami - it's not all about just the sand. Being in SoBe is an experience in itself, and a stroll along the soft sand or streetside along the restaurants in the early evening is one of the special things not to miss in South Florida.
4. Amelia Island - if you'd like to hear the ocean, and nothing else, Amelia Island is a fine choice. And those pictures of romantic horseback riding in Florida? Probably taken here.
5. Naples Beach - sunsets are spectacular on the Gulf side, and especially enjoyable when you've just had drinks and a fine meal at one of the romantic dining spots in this "sophisticated-but-not-snobby" small city.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
√ COVID Safety Plan: identifies hotels and inns that clearly indicate they are taking measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
top hotels, getaways & packages on ERV