Your Romantic Vacation in Canada: A Guide to the Best Places for Couples Coast - Coast
The Most Romantic Places for a Canadian Vacation or Honeymoon
Romantic Vacations Home
British Columbia's Gulf Islands - one of Many Romantic Places on Canada's West Coast
By Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Sep 28, 2014
Before you plan any romantic vacation in Canada, have a look at our reports, reviews and photos of romantic travel in the True North. Not in only the well known places like Banff, Vancouver and Niagara Falls, but also in cities like Toronto, Quebec City and Victoria, B.C.
Our Top 5 Places for a Romantic Vacation in Canada:
1. Victoria, BC - always green and impeccably clean, Victoria, BC is an oh-so-English romantic getaway in a tidy package. Horse-drawn carriages clip-clop past the flower shops and tea houses here. Make sure you get to the oceanfront here for the fantastic views across the Juan de Fuca Strait.
2. Quebec City, QB - want to escape to small-town France, but without the jet-lag? Try Quebec City! And winter getaways here are probably even more romantic, with the Carnival, Ice Hotel, and Aurora Borealis.
3. Niagara Falls, ON - immense popularity and crowds still don't dilute the fact that these incredible falls are still... incredible! Book a Falls view room, avoid middle of summer and weekends, and don't miss nearby Niagara-on-the-Lake.
4. Prince Edward Island - we can't think of a more peaceful place to visit in Canada! Stay a week in a cottage by the sea on PEI, explore the small villages on quiet country roads, and you'll feel like you're in an Anne of Green Gables novel!
5. Vancouver, BC - perhaps we're a bit biased to our home, but for great restaurants with views of the mountains and the Pacific, your pick of beaches to explore or relax by, and places to just sip coffee and people watch, Vancouver is fantastic. Just remember to bring your umbrella...
The Most Romantic Canadian Cities
Romantic Place to Relax on the Seawall along Beach Ave in Downtown Vancouver, BC
- Vancouver Romantic Getaways - home to one of the world's most beautiful harbors, Vancouver is also one of Canada's most romantic cities! We'll tell you all about romantic hotels, inns and great spots for holidaying couples in our beautiful, clean and green home.
- Romantic Getaways in Victoria - directions on how to have a great romantic getaway in Victoria, BC! Things to do, scenic spots, Old English charm and lots more.
- A Romantic Calgary Guide - plan a weekend in Calgary with these tips on what to do, plus romantic escapes nearby to Southern Alberta and the Canadian Rockies.
- Romantic Edmonton Getaway - a guide to Edmonton, Alberta activities for couples, romantic hotels, honeymoon suites and restaurants in the province's capital city.
More Romantic Places in Canada:
Romantic Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride Through The Narrow Streets of Quebec City
- Romantic Getaway on Vancouver Island - escape to Canada's spectacular and rugged west coast. Ideas on romantic destinations and places to stay in Sooke, The Gulf Islands and Tofino, BC.
- Romantic BC Getaways - sun, fun and wine sums up the Okanagan Valley. We look at the resort towns of Kelowna and Penticton, where beaches, sunshine and vineyards await.
- Whistler BC Romantic Getaway Ideas - only a 2 hour drive north of Vancouver, Whistler is one of the best places for a romantic Canadian ski vacation or outdoor honeymoon. See our tips on travelling to Whistler and things for couples to do both in the winter & summer.
- Canadian Wilderness Getaways - reviews of 5 spectacular resorts for couples that specialize in seclusion, scenery and romance. Includes cabins and lodges in the Maritimes, Ontario, the Rockies and Vancouver Island.
Video: Romantic Vacation Places in Canada
Our new HD Video (shot from 2012 to 2014) shows some of the best places for romantic vacations in Canada, including:
- Long Beach, BC
- The Canadian Rockies
- Ottawa, ON
Romantic Canadian Hotels, Inns and Resorts
- Romantic Quebec City B&B's - a guide to a great getaway in Quebec's most romantic city, with attractions and places to stay included.
- Quebec City's Romantic Hotels - moving up in size to hotels, we review some of the best honeymoon inns in Quebec, including the romantic Hotel des Coutellier.
- Vancouver Island Jacuzzi Suites- don't beach comb and experience storm season on the West Coast without a romantic hot tub to come home to. We've stayed in lots of good ones, full photos and videos here.
- Vancouver Island Spa Resorts - directory for romantic spa resorts in Tofino, Courtenay and Brentwood Bay near Victoria, plus a full feature on the Tigh-na-Mara's famous Grotto Spa Mineral Pool in Parksville, BC.
- Wickaninnish Inn - Vancouver Island is a great spot for a honeymoon or romantic vacation in Canada, and the Wickaninnish Resort & Spa is situated perfectly along the beachfront near Tofino, BC. Enjoy the beautiful British Columbia wilderness from the luxury of oceanfront rooms & suites of this lodge, complete with deluxe spa & fitness facilities, packages for storm watching, romance, elopement and more.
Deals on Romantic Escapes in Canada
Save Up to 50% on Romantic Hotels in Canada - big savings on stays of 2,3 or 4 nights at resorts like the Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview, Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Quebec City and the Falcon Crest Lodge in the Canadian Rockies.
$82/Night and Up - Hotels in Romantic Canadian Cities - Quebec City, Montreal, Niagara Falls and Vancouver Inns and Hotels with Big Savings.
More Resources for Places to Visit in Canada:
For some ideas on attractions, restaurants and hotels in the nation's capital, Ottawa Information Guide is a great resource for info on Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages: