Romantic Hotels - Boutique Inns, Plunge Pool suites, Theme Rooms & more
Romantic Vacations Home
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Aug 2, 2019
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
Every great romantic vacation needs a great place to stay! So with our directory of romantic places to stay in hotel rooms, inns and B&B's, we review and rate both luxury and affordable hotels, as well as small inns and B&B's all across the USA and Canada.
Unique Hotel Rooms & Suites
|Plunge Pool Suite
|Salish Waterfall Lodge
|Romantic Theme Room
Plunge Pool Suites:
- Guide to Hotel Plunge Pool Suites - you may have seen them in the Caribbean, but we've compiled a selection of rooms with private pools right here in the USA, in states like Pennsylvania, Florida, Texas and California.
Hotels with Walk-In Showers:
- Romantic Hotel Showers for Two- we've carefully put together a new guide to hotel rooms across the U.S that have walk-in showers for two people. It includes affordable hotels and small inns, all with showers large enough for 2.
Hotel Rooms with a View:
- Ohio Hotel Rooms With a View - check out our selection of romantic hotels in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus and other destinations in Ohio, all with city and Great Lake views right from your room or suite.
Hotels with Free Wine Evenings
- Chicago Hotels with Free Evening Wine Reception - one amenity offered by hotels that's gaining popularity is a Manager's reception each night with complimentary wine/beer, snacks etc. If you're headed to Chicago, here's our latest guide to finding hotels with this nice little perk.
Romantic Theme Rooms:
Inns & B&B's Close to Waterfalls:
- Hotels Near Waterfalls in the U.S. - just released for 2017, our comprehensive listing of some of the most romantic hotels, inns and B&B's with a waterfall close by. Feel the spray and have an incredible getaway!
vegan hotels & inns:
- Vegan Hotels and Inns - wishing your next vacation to be both romantic and animal-friendly and plant-based? Search our listing of some of the best Vegan hotels, inns and resorts in the U.S.
Oceanview in California:
- Beachfront Hotels & Inns in California - brand new guide featuring romantic resorts, hotels and small inns located right on the California coastline, including waterfront hotels in San Diego, Orange County, Venice Beach, Santa Monica, Monterey, and Mendocino, CA.
Weekend & Short Stay Hotel Getaways
Romantic Hotels & Boutique Inns: Top USA Cities
New York City
- Q&A Residential Hotel - What Other Couples Said: "Beautiful Art Deco Building in the Financial District"..."Wi-Fi and a Full Kitchen"..."Walk to the Staten Island Ferry & Brooklyn Bridge". 2017 Rating* for Romantic New York City Hotels: 97% of Couples Rate it Excellent/Very Good. (70 Pine St, New York, NY 646-598-0100)
- Hotel Giraffe - What Other Couples Said: "Wine & Cheese Happy Hour"..."Cute Boutique Hotel"..."Bathrobes, Slippers and Special Pillows". 2017 Rating* for Romantic New York City Hotels: 93% of Couples Rate it Excellent/Very Good. (365 Park Ave South at 26 Ave, New York NY 212-685-7700)
- Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel - What Other Couples Said: "Quiet and Large Rooms"..."Lovely Pool, Fitness Center"..."Boutique Hotel with Friendly Staff" . 2017 Rating* for Romantic Los Angeles Hotels: 83% of Couples Rate it Excellent/Very Good. (11461 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles CA 310-476-6571)
- Hotel Drisco - What Other Couples Said: "Wish I Could Give it 6 Stars"..."Beautiful Hotel in a Wonderful Neighborhood"..."Wine & Cheese Evenings, Heated bathroom Floors". 2017 Rating* for Romantic San Francisco Hotels: 96% of Couples Rate it Excellent/Very Good (2901 Pacific Avenue, San Francisco, CA 800-634-7277).
- Kimpton Gray Hotel - What Other Couples Said: "Drinks in the Gorgeous Rooftop Lounge"..."Good Location in the Loop"..."Quiet Rooms and Great Beds" . 2017 Rating* for Romantic Chicago Hotels: 96% of Couples Rate it Excellent/Very Good. (122 W. Monroe St, Chicago IL 312-750-9012)
- The Avery Georgetown - What Other Couples Said: "Boutique Hotel with a B&B Feel"..."Complimentary Beer & Wine Happy Hour"..."Quiet Neighborhood Close to Shops and Dining" . 2017 Rating* for Romantic Washington DC Hotels: 95% of Couples Rate it Excellent/Very Good. (2616 P St, NW Washington, DC 202-827-4390)
- JW Marriott Houston Downtown - What Other Couples Said:"Luxury Soaker Tub & Walk-In Shower"..."Evening Turndown with Italian Cookies!"..."In-Room iPad's with Room Service" . 2017 Rating* for Romantic Houston TX Hotels: 92% of Couples Rate it Excellent/Very Good. (806 Main St, Houston TX 713-237-1111)
- Hotel Contessa - What Other Couples Said:"Rooftop Pool with Scenic Views"..."Room with a View of the Riverwalk and Marriage Island!"..."Spacious Suite with a Living Room". 2017 Rating* for Romantic San Antonio TX Hotels: 89% of Couples Rate it Excellent/Very Good. (306 W. Market St, San Antonio TX 210-229-9222)
- Best Western Plus Independence Park - What Other Couples Said: "Hot Buffet Breakfast, Afternoon Tea & Cookies"..."Walking Distance to City Tavern and Historical Sights"..."Comfy and Quiet Rooms with a Colonial Feel" . 2017 Rating* for Romantic Philadelphia Hotels: 93% of Couples Rate it Excellent/Very Good. (235 Chestnut St, Philadelphia PA 215-922-4443)
- FOUND:RE Phoenix - What Other Couples Said: "Rooms with iPads and Really Cool Art"..."Great View of the City from our Balcony"..."Close to Restaurants and the Arts District" . 2017 Rating* for Romantic Phoenix AZ Hotels: 91% of Couples Rate it Excellent/Very Good. (1100 North Central Ave, Phoenix AZ 602-875-8000)
The Firesky Resort's Fabulous Pool at Night
Bedroom at the Firesky Resort in Scottsdale
- Firesky Resort - an inexpensive resort near downtown Scottsdale with on-site romantic dining and a pool courtyard that will make you feel like you're in Hawaii! 2016 Rating* for Romantic Scottsdale AZ Resorts: 87% of Couples Rated it Excellent/Very Good. (4125 N. Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale AZ 480-945-7666)
Fabulous Pool & Palms at the Casa Laguna Inn
Casa Laguna Inn Bedroom
- Casa Laguna, Laguna Beach, CA - the Casa Laguna packs in more romance per square foot than almost any inn we've stayed in. Rooms are full of character, and you can check into a small jetted tub suite for less than $200. Their wine and appetizer evenings are probably the best we've ever enjoyed, and combined with their excellent breakfasts, make your stay here feel almost all-inclusive. Only a few feet from your unit, you'll behold the most beautiful palm-fringed pool and outdoor lounge area. 2016 Rating* for Laguna Beach, CA Romantic Inns: 90% of couples Rate it Excellent/Very Good. (2510 S. Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach CA 949-494-2996)
More Romantic California Hotels & Inns:
- Lake Tahoe - We highlight a lodge, a resort and a small inn, plus some Lake Tahoe packages and honeymoon rooms.
- Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village - Reminiscent of Italy in its design and decor, this Hilton offers 1 & 2 Bedroom suites with Whirlpool tubs and separate bedrooms and full kitchens. What Other Couples Liked: 10-15 minute walk to the I-Trolley & designer shopping outlets...Free shuttle to Disney, Universal and Sea World”...Heated outdoor pools, several outdoor hot tubs. 2020 ERV Rating* for Romantic Orlando Resorts: 84% - Very Good. (8122 Arezzo Way, Orlando FL 407-465-2600)
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach - this Marriott hotel is an excellent choice for an inexpensive beachfront hotel in Ft. Lauderdale suitable for anniversary and honeymoon getaways in South Florida. Amenities include rooms and suites with ocean view, outdoor sun deck, pool & bar, and on-site dining. 2020 ERV Rating* for Romantic Ft. Lauderdale Beach Hotels: 80% - Very Good. (440 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale FL 954-524-8733)
- The Betsy South Beach - while any hotel in Miami Beach with "Ocean Drive" in the address could be romantic, a stay at the Betsy is truly special. Check in and discover the tropical decor in the rooms with ocean views, and then head upstairs to their Ocean Deck roof-top dining spot, which has to be one of the most romantic in all of South Beach. 2020 ERV Rating* for Romantic Miami Beach Hotels: 90% - Excellent. (1440 Ocean Dr, Miami FL 866-792-3879)
Cannery Pier Hotel, Astoria, OR - such a cool idea, converting an old cannery into a boutique hotel! The Cannery Pier really does it well, with terrific rooms outfitted with luxury tubs, hardwood floors, fireplaces and balconies that put you right out over the Columbia River.
They've got a couple of free rides that you'll love: brightly-colored bicycles from the 1950's, or a romantic ride into town in a chauffeur-driven 1939 Buick. 2016 Rating* for Romantic Astoria OR Hotels: 96% of Couples Rated it Excellent/Very Good. (No. 10 Basin St, Astoria OR 503-325-4996)
Featured Inn: French Quarter Inn
French Quarter Inn, Charleston, SC - you can't imagine a better inn in a better location, and in a better small city than this.
Charming and luxurious, the French Quarter Inn is just steps away from a compact display of the best that Southern U.S. culture has to offer. Everyone from valet to front desk to housekeeping was friendly and helpful, and in addition to their terrific breakfasts, there's wine and appetizers every evening at 5 and fresh baked cookies at 8.
Lopez Suite at the Bird Rock Hotel
Whirlpool Tub for Two in the San Juans!
- Bird Rock Hotel - Washington State's San Juan Islands are a dream romantic getaway for those wanting an ideal mix of seclusion, ocean scenery and outdoor activities. The Bird Rock Hotel is well positioned for all of these, with a location just a few minutes walk from ferries, shops and restaurants in downtown Friday Harbor. You'll also find Whirlpool Suites, plus complimentary Wi-Fi, breakfast and beach bike rentals. 2016 Rating* for Romantic San Juan Islands Inns: 85% of Couples Rated it Excellent/Very Good. (35 First St, Friday Harbor WA 360-378-5848)
Romantic Canadian Hotels and B&B's
Calgary, AB Canada
Calgary's Romantic Hotels & Inns
Perfect places to stay for your honeymoon or weekend in Southern Alberta.
Quebec City, QB
Quebec City, QB
Romantic Quebec City Hotels
Reviews and Photos of 7 Romantic Boutique Hotels and Inns for an unforgettable getaway in Quebec City.
Featured Hotel: Fairmont Pacific Rim
Fairmont Pacific Rim, Vancouver, BC - time to go big city here. Everyone knows Fairmonts are nice hotels, but the brand new Pacific Rim is really something else.
First of all, this is hands-down the best smelling hotel we've ever been in (a delightfully subtle Jasmine fragrance present throughout the entire building). The rooms are not only romantic and luxurious, but high-tech. We're talking iPad controlled temperature and lighting, and a purely magical bathroom mirror with TV! The downstairs lobby is built around a beautiful piano bar, and just down the street are scenic water views and the cruise ship terminal in downtown Vancouver.
Wickaninnish Inn, Vancouver Island, BC - we've never stayed in any lodge or hotel that takes better advantage of it's natural surroundings than the Wickaninnish.
You can stargaze the incredibly dark night skies from your balcony, do some serious beach combing only 200 ft from the lobby, and at their Point restaurant, dine to the sounds of the outside waves re-broadcast softly on inside speakers. The rooms and service? Awesome. The "Wick" is not cheap and getting there takes some effort, but it's an incredible experience for any honeymoon, special vacation or anniversary getaway.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
√ COVID Safety Plan: identifies hotels and inns that clearly indicate they are taking measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages