The Best Romantic Boston Getaways - Weekend Packages, Romance Hotels & more
Romantic Vacations Home
Romantic Spot with a View of Downtown Boston in Arnold Arboretum
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: May 19, 2017
Boston, Massachusetts is the largest city in New England, and it's certainly one of the most attractive places for a honeymoon or romantic getaway in the northeast USA. Historic streets, beautiful parks and waterways, a fine harbor and of course, some excellent seafood make this a must-see romantic city.
Here's a quick guide to some of the top things to see and do for couples in the Boston area, as well as choices for romantic accommodation in the Boston area.
Best Time for a Romantic Getaway in Boston: it's a wonderful spot year-round, but mid-September to late October is an extra special time of year, with pleasant temps and brilliant Autumn colors.
Romantic Boston Hotels & Packages
Make your Boston romantic getaways and weekends unforgettable with this listing of romantic hotels in Boston, honeymoon suites, vacation rentals and B&B's...
- The Lenox Hotel - this luxury boutique hotel is a romantic place to stay in Boston with spacious, spotless rooms and many romantic touches, including wood-burning fireplaces and views of Charles River. 2017 ERV Rating* for Romantic Boston Hotels: 94% of Couples Rate it Excellent/Very Good. (61 Exeter St, Boston, MA 800-225-7676)
- Clarendon Square Inn - this romantic Boston B&B has luxury suites with soaking tubs, plush robes, flat screen TV's, continental breakfast, and a great little extra: a roof-top hot tub with a view! 2017 ERV Rating* for Romantic Boston B&B's: 97% of Couples Rate it Excellent/Very Good. (198 West Brookine St, Boston, MA 617-536-2229)
Boston Romantic Hotel Packages:
- Four Seasons Romantic Boston Getaways - martinis delivered to your room, and breakfast in bed the following morning. If being treated like a millionaire sounds romantic, give this Four Seasons Boston package a try.
- Nine Zero Boston Romance Package - Kimpton Hotels are some of the best big city boutique inns you'll find anywhere. For a Boston honeymoon or anniversary, they have a "Sweetest Taboo" offering of champagne, cupcakes, and a basket of bath and massage oils. This is in addition to their usual evening wine reception.
Boston's Best Weekend Getaways - Package Deals up to 50% Off
Boston's 10 Most Romantic Places & Things to Do
- Christopher Columbus Park – this downtown waterfront park is a romantic place in Boston where you can enjoy the breeze and watch the boats sail by. It's a great combination of city, park and harbor. (Richmond St & Atlantic Ave, Boston, MA)
- Beacon Hill– take a stroll down the cobblestone lanes and past the historic row houses of this small & inviting square-mile of Boston neighborhood. Don't miss picturesque Acorn St, and the shops and cafes of Charles St. (Between Cambridge and Beacon Streets immediately north of Boston Common)
- Charles River - particularly gorgeous on a bright autumn day, just find a nice relaxing spot by the water or one of the pedestrian bridges and observe all the hikers, joggers and sailors.
Beside the Trees and Ducks in Boston Common on an October Morning
- Boston Swan Boats - cruising the waters of Boston Public Garden is a romantic thing to do on a summer day, but it's even more exciting on a boat with a giant swan on it! The 15 minute guided cruises are just $3, making it one of the cheapest Boston excursion on the water for couples. (4 Charles St, Boston, MA)
- Newbury St - enjoy a cappuccino and some people watching from one of the great little sidewalk cafes on. A bit crowded though on summer weekends.
- Ice Skating at Charles Hotel - a great spot for couples to put on the blades and hold hands during a winter getaway in Boston. Rentals available. (1 Bennett St, Boston, MA)
- Ride the Ferry - The ferry from Long Wharf to the Charlestown Navy Yard is the cheap and perfect alternative to expensive harbor cruises (only $3), and a romantic way to see the Harbor.
- Top of the Hub - enjoy dinner or just a dessert while taking in the view of Boston from 750 feet up. Like most restaurants high in the sky, although the elevator ride is free, you pay for the view when you eat. So if you'd like to go but are on a budget, we recommend just a mid-afternoon light snack from the appetizer menu, or a drink in the lounge before 8 PM, when a $24 per person minimum charge kicks in for tables. (800 Boylston St, Boston, MA)
- Best Place to Propose in Boston - there are several proposal possibilities, but for atmosphere and a reasonable amount of privacy, we suggest one of the bridges that cross the Charles River.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific rating formula for romantic hotels which includes:
- Romantic Amenities: suites with an in-room Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families with kids, business travelers, etc)
with Couples & Honeymooners: based on variety of social media & crowd-sourced reviews.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages