the best Romantic Boston Getaways - HOtels, Packages & more
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Oct 26, 2022
Boston, Massachusetts is the largest city in New England, and it's certainly one of the most attractive places for a honeymoon or romantic getaway in the northeast USA. Historic streets, beautiful parks and waterways, a fine harbor and of course, some excellent seafood make this a must-see romantic city.
Boston Common on Summer Afternoon
Here's a quick guide to some of the top things to see and do for couples in the Boston area, as well as choices for romantic accommodation in the Boston area.
Best Time for a Romantic Getaway in Boston: it's a wonderful spot year-round, but mid-September to late October is an extra special time of year, with pleasant temps and brilliant Autumn colors.
Romantic Boston Hotels & Packages
Romantic Lenox Hotel in Boston
- The Lenox Hotel - This luxury boutique hotel is a romantic place to stay in Boston with spacious, spotless rooms and many romantic touches, including wood-burning fireplaces and views of Charles River. 2022 ERV Rating* for Romantic Boston Hotels: 94% - Excellent. (61 Exeter St, Boston, MA 800-225-7676)
the verb hotel
Pool at the Verb Hotel
Rock & Roll Theme Room at the Verb Hotel
- The Verb Hotel - Rock & Roll themed boutique hotel offers guests unique extras like a turntable and speakers in every room (goes nicely with their library of vinyl records downstairs), plus an on-site Japanese restaurant and heated pool comfortable even on colder days. 2022 ERV Rating*: 94% - Excellent. (1271 Boylston St, Boston MA 617-566-4500)
boston Yacht Haven inn & marina
View of the City & Harbor
Room at the Boston Yacht Haven Inn
- Boston Yacht Haven Inn & Marina - This romantic 10-room boutique inn on the North Boston Wharf (in Little Italy) gets rave reviews from its guests for amenities like private balconies, soaking tubs and complimentary breakfast delivered to your room each morning. Within walking distance are shops, dining and some of Boston's best nightlife. 2022 ERV Rating*: 96% - Excellent. (87 Commercial Wharf, Boston MA 617-367-5050)
Clarendon square inn
Clarendon Square Inn Bedroom
- Clarendon Square Inn - This romantic Boston B&B has luxury suites with soaking tubs, plush robes, flat screen TV's, continental breakfast, and a great little extra: a roof-top hot tub with a view! 2022 ERV Rating* for Romantic Boston B&B's: 96% - Excellent. (198 West Brookine St, Boston, MA 617-536-2229)
Kimpton Marlowe Spa Tub Suite ©TripAdvisor
- Kimpton Marlowe - Nearby Boston in Lovely Cambridge, MA, and connected to shops and ding at CambridgeSide Mall. Selected rooms and suites offer views of Boston and deep-soaking Fuji jetted tubs. Of course, there's also Kimpton's famous evening Wine Hour @ 5PM. 2022 ERV Rating*: 96% - Excellent. (25 Edwin H. Land Blvd, Cambridge MA 617-868-8000)
boston romantic hotel packages
- Four Seasons Romantic Boston Getaways - martinis delivered to your room, and breakfast in bed the following morning. If being treated like a millionaire sounds romantic, give this Four Seasons Boston package a try.
- Nine Zero Boston Romance Package - Kimpton Hotels are some of the best big city boutique inns you'll find anywhere. For a Boston honeymoon or anniversary, they have a "Sweetest Taboo" offering of champagne, cupcakes, and a basket of bath and massage oils. This is in addition to their usual evening wine reception.
Boston's Best Weekend Getaways - Package Deals up to 50% Off
romantic cottage getaway near boston
Jetted Tub for 2
- Pier House Waterfront Cottage - Say hello to the Pier House, a romantic Cape Cod-style 3 bedroom cottage with a great oceanside location only 9 miles from downtown Boston. This comfortable holiday rental is outfitted with 2 fireplaces, a jetted tub, and an outdoor heated ocean view balcony. Some of the other amenities include filtered water, 500+ HDTV channels, and access to a semi-private beach. 2022 ERV Rating for Boston Cottage Getaways*: 92% - Excellent. (Revere, MA)
Boston's 10 Most Romantic Places & Things to Do
video from Visit Boston:
- Christopher Columbus Park – this downtown waterfront park is a romantic place in Boston where you can enjoy the breeze and watch the boats sail by. It's a great combination of city, park and harbor. (Richmond St & Atlantic Ave, Boston, MA)
- Beacon Hill – take a stroll down the cobblestone lanes and past the historic row houses of this small & inviting square-mile of Boston neighborhood. Don't miss picturesque Acorn St, and the shops and cafes of Charles St. (Between Cambridge and Beacon Streets immediately north of Boston Common)
- Charles River - particularly gorgeous on a bright autumn day, just find a nice relaxing spot by the water or one of the pedestrian bridges and observe all the hikers, joggers and sailors.
- Boston Swan Boats - cruising the waters of Boston Public Garden is a romantic thing to do on a summer day, but it's even more exciting on a boat with a giant swan on it! The 15 minute guided cruises are just $4.50 (2022 Prices), making it one of the cheapest Boston excursion on the water for couples. (4 Charles St, Boston, MA)
- Newbury St - enjoy a cappuccino and some people watching from one of the great little sidewalk cafes on. A bit crowded though on summer weekends.
- Ice Skating at Charles Hotel - a great spot for couples to put on the blades and hold hands during a winter getaway in Boston. Rentals available. (1 Bennett St, Boston, MA)
- Ride the Ferry - The ferry from Long Wharf to the Charlestown Navy Yard is the cheap and perfect alternative to expensive harbor cruises (only $3), and a romantic way to see the Harbor.
- Top of the Hub - enjoy dinner or just a dessert while taking in the view of Boston from 750 feet up. Like most restaurants high in the sky, although the elevator ride is free, you pay for the view when you eat. So if you'd like to go but are on a budget, we recommend just a mid-afternoon light snack from the appetizer menu, or a drink in the lounge before 8 PM, when a $24 per person minimum charge kicks in for tables. (800 Boylston St, Boston, MA)
- Best Place to Propose in Boston - there are several proposal possibilities, but for atmosphere and a reasonable amount of privacy, we suggest one of the bridges that cross the Charles River.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
√ COVID Safety Plan: identifies hotels and inns that clearly indicate they are taking measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.