North Idaho Romantic Getaways & Resorts
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
Romantic Vacations Home
North Idaho's Mountains are the Perfect Setting for a Romantic Getaway
By: DaleAnn Shellborn, ERV Contributing Writer - Updated Aug 10, 2019
A romantic vacation in North Idaho provides a unique mix of scenery, seclusion, recreation and amenities. It certainly rates as one of the best wilderness getaways for 2021. Squeezed between Washington on the west and Montana on the east, the region is dominated by two beautiful and exceptionally large lakes: Lake Pend Oreille and Lake Coeur d'Alene.
Best Time to Visit North Idaho - each season is very distinct, so pick your flavor! For time out on or by the water enjoying the lakes, May to September is best. The abundant supply of golden foliage is usually at it's best around early October.
Disclaimer: JACUZZI® is a registered
trademark owned by Jacuzzi Inc. The use of the JACUZZI® trademark on this
website is for informational purposes only. There is no relationship,
connection or affiliation between this website and Jacuzzi Inc. or its related
companies. As hotel rooms and amenities can change, please check with
each individual accommodation property before making travel plans to ensure that the hotel room you have booked includes an authentic JACUZZI® brand hot tub. Please Note: rooms and tubs described may not be exactly as shown.
Romantic north idaho Inn - The Roosevelt
Romantic Room at the Roosevelt Inn, Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
- The Roosevelt Inn - enjoy a romantic getaway at our historic 5-story bed and breakfast located just steps from Coeur d'Alene Lake, which has been acknowledged as one of the top five most beautiful lakes in the world (along with it's famous Floating Boardwalk, the place for a romantic walk in North Idaho!) Our luxurious accommodations include a daily gourmet breakfast, use of our hot tub and sauna, and pillow-top beds in our elegant guest rooms. The Roosevelt also specializes in romantic North Idaho wedding and elopement packages, and is the ideal setting to reconnect with your soul mate in the heart of Coeur d' Alene. 2019 ERV Rating* for North Idaho Romantic B&B's: 92% - Excellent. (105 E. Wallace Ave, Coeur d' Alene ID 208-765-5200)
Some of the Great Scenery in North Idaho
More North Idaho romantic hotels & inns
hot tub suites
JACUZZI® Tub - Best Western, Coeur D' Alene
- Best Western Plus Coeur D' Alene Inn - Relax in affordable luxury at this Best Western in North Idaho, which offers free hot breakfast, indoor pool, cocktail lounge, and spacious suites, some with romantic JACUZZI® tubs. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic North Idaho Inns: 90% - Excellent. (506 West Appleway Ave, Coeur d' Alene ID 208-765-3200)
The Waterfront Coeur D' Alene Resort
- The Coeur D'Alene Resort - Freshly updated, this romantic North Idaho resort not only has top-rated luxury accommodation, there's also top-of-the-line spa treatments, numerous eateries, and themed packages for dining, golf and spa getaways. The hotel can also arrange a destination wedding ceremony on the lake or high above in a honeymoon suite. 2019 ERV Rating* for North Idaho Romantic Resorts: 80% - Very Good. (115 South 2nd St, Coeur d' Alene ID 855-703-4648)
Romantic getaways in Coeur d'Alene, ID
- Lake Coeur d'Alene Cruises - take a scenic daytime cruise, sunset dinner cruise or Sunday brunch cruise. The boat tours depart at Independence Point, which is just west of The Coeur d' Alene Resort.
- Downtown Coeur d'Alene - explore the beautiful downtown park and beach with its sparkling waters. We love to visit the first weekend in July for Art on the Green on the lakeside campus of North Idaho College, which spills into the City Park with booths hosted by both artisans and local restaurants. My favorite is the fruit and chocolate kabob made with big, ripe, red strawberries and dark chocolate.
Romantic Places in Sandpoint, Idaho
Best Western Edgewater Lake View
- Best Western Edgewater Resort - Sandpoint's top-rated hotel faces Lake Pend Oreille, with Schweitzer Ski Resort and Coldwater Creek Street Bridge both nearby. Enjoy the lounge, indoor pool and hot tub, and relax in rooms and suites with gorgeous lake views. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Sandpoint, Idaho Hotels: 78% - Good. (56 Bridge St, Sandpoint ID 208-263-3194)
All-Inclusive Guest Ranch
Romantic, All-Inclusive Idaho Ranch
- Western Pleasure Guest Ranch - A memorable way to experience the great Idaho outdoors. Ranch offers romantic lodge and cabin accommodation, horseback and sleigh riding, gourmet meals, entertainment, and much more. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Dude Ranch Vacations in North Idaho: 96% - Excellent. (1413 Upper Gold Creek, Sandpoint ID 208-263-9066)
- Sandpoint Idaho Getaways - Another destination for North Idaho romantic getaways is the charming small city of Sandpoint, fine romantic ski resort is Schweitzer Mountain nearby. Whether you ski downhill or cross-country you'll be impressed by the terrain at this mountain, and there are plenty of apres-ski opportunities at the mountain village. In the summer, life here also focuses on and around the lakeshore. We like to grab lunch at MickDuff's Brewing Co. on the main street and head to the adjacent public beach.
Hotels in Sandpoint, ID - Discounts & Great Rates!
- Romantic Sandpoint Restaurant - you can't beat the venerable Hydra for a great candlelit dinner. (115 Lake Street, 208-263-7123)
Spa Getaways in the Idaho panhandle
- North Idaho Spa Getaways - 4 different resorts to pick from, each offering spa services in combination with a fun and romantic weekend getaway or vacation.
Endless Possibilities for a Romantic Hike By the Lake in North Idaho
Getting to Idaho
The nearest international airport is at Spokane, Washington, just a few minutes drive from the state line.
VisitIdaho.org - more information on North Idaho getaways.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based on social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages