Palm Springs romantic getaways for a memorable desert escape
Romantic Vacations Home
Palm Springs, CA
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated Dec 27, 2021
Palm Springs has to be one of our favorite romantic winter getaways! The dry desert air even seems to make you feel better! Let's take a look at some romantic places to stay and things to do for your getaway or honeymoon in the Coachella Valley...
Romantic El Paseo Drive in Palm Desert, California
Romantic Palm Springs Area Resorts
Westin Desert willow Resort
Romantic Evening at the Westin Desert Willow Pool in Palm Desert, CA
- The Westin Desert Willow Villas - fabulous resort, romantic & restful, and one of the best we've stayed in in California. Premium Villa suites come complete with full kitchen, Westin's famous heavenly bed, Whirlpool Tub for 2, private balcony, great Wi-Fi and more. 2022 ERV Rating* for Romantic Palm Desert Resorts: 86% - Very Good. (75 Willow Ridge, Palm Desert CA 760-636-7000) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
Westin Desert Willow Bedroom
Whirlpool Suite - Westin Desert Willow Villas
Westin Mission Hills resort Villas
Villas at Westin Mission Hills Resort
Pool Area - Westin Mission Hills Resort
- Westin Mission Hills Villas - another fine Westin resort, this one set in beautiful grounds connecting villas and pools, including a quiet pool perfect for adults looking to lounge away the afternoon sun in the shade. The units are spacious, and include full kitchens, Wi-Fi, jetted tubs and more. 2022 ERV Rating* for Romantic Coachella Valley Resorts: 92% - Excellent. (71777 Dinah Shore Dr, Rancho Mirage CA 760-487-2400) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
kimpton Rowan - Romantic Palm Springs Boutique Hotel
Kimpton Rowan Hotel in Palm Springs
Rooftop Pool - Kimpton Rowan Hotel
- Kimpton Rowan Palm Springs Hotel - if you'd like your romantic getaway close to downtown Palm Springs, the Kimpton Rowan is for you. Rooms and suites in this romantic boutique hotel come with plush robes and luxury bath products, as well as large windows offering views of the San Jacinto Mountains. There's also an evening wine social hour, and up above, a fabulous rooftop pool, sun deck and cocktail bar. 2022 ERV Rating* for Romantic Palm Springs Boutique Hotels: 90% - Excellent. (100 west Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs CA 760-904-5015) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
desert Riviera Hotel Palm Springs
Desert Riviera Hotel in Palm Springs
Pool at the Desert Riviera Hotel
- Desert Riviera Hotel - this retro hotel has long been rated at or near the top of TripAdvisors' best hotels of Palm Springs listings. Guests love the quiet location, spacious and clean rooms, and the pool, hot tub and fire pit. There's even outdoor barbecues and a pizza oven! 2022 ERV Rating* for Romantic Palm Springs Boutique Hotels: 96% - Excellent. (610 East Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs CA 760-327-5314) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
Palm Springs Romantic getaways - What to do
Evening at the Palm Springs Village Fest
- Palm Springs Village Fest - a great way to spend a warm desert evening in Palm Springs. Lots to see, taste and check out among all the vendors, growers, artists, buskers and more. The market is scheduled for Thursday evenings during most of the year, taking a break during the hot summer months. (Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA)
- The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway - this is one of the most “touristy” things to do in Palm Springs. The rotating tram carries you up over 8,000 feet for a grand view of the desert floor. The top of Mount San Jacinto can be a cool getaway from the heat, and there’s a restaurant, gift shop, and picnic area nearby. (1 Tram Way, Palm Springs, CA)
Shops and Restaurants of Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs CA
- Explore Downtown Palm Springs - Palm Canyon Drive is the hub of downtown Palm Springs attractions, shops and restaurants. On hot days you'll love the cool water spraying out from the overhangs.
- Palm Springs Art Museum - Art works and displays from American and international artists, including Native American art, temporary exhibitions on cultural and social themes, and much more. (101 Museum Dr, Palm Springs, CA)
- Indian Canyons Hiking - Before the mid day heat (or in the late afternoon/early evening), hiking in the Indian Canyons can be an excellent excursion into the desert. Beautiful and historically interesting, you can also spot desert wildlife, fauna and access the many trails throughout the park, located on Agua Caliente tribal land. Open 8 AM to 5 PM daily, closed summer from July to mid September.
Palm Springs Romantic Getaways - Air & Hotel Package Deals
Shopping at Palm Springs Outlets
Palm Springs Oulet Mall Shopping - Desert Hills Premium Outlets, Cabazon, CA
- Desert Hills Premium Outlets - Designer clothes, house wares, luggage and shoes are just a few of the items you'll find here. The Outlets are an easy drive, located in Cabazon, CA, only 20 minutes west of Palm Springs on Interstate 10.
Palm Springs Vacation Weather
Enjoying a Warm & Sunny Day on Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs
In the summer, there’s only one word to describe Palm Springs vacation weather – heat! Average daytime highs between May and September can hit 105 F or higher! You'll want to stay very close to the pool during these months.
The rest of the year in Palm Springs is mostly sunny and very pleasant, with warm days, and cool evenings (the desert can actually get quite chilly at night). This is the best time of year to visit. It only rains 15 to 20 days a year in Palm Springs on the average, and the area receives over 350 days of sunshine annually.
Getting to Palm Springs
You can fly into Palm Springs on several airlines, including American, Alaska, Southwest, United Express and Delta Skywest. No-frills low-fare carrier Allegiant has some super cheap airfares to Palm Springs from Bellingham, WA, an inexpensive option for Seattle and Vancouver BC travelers.
From Canada, Air Canada and Westjet have scheduled flights here.
If you’re arriving at LAX, driving time from Los Angeles to Palm Springs is about 2 hours.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
√ COVID Safety Plan: identifies hotels and inns that clearly indicate they are taking measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages