Romantic Connecticut Getaway Hotels, Packages and Ideas for Couples
FTC: This ERV page uses affiliate links. More.
Romantic Vacations Home
Connecticut Has One of the Most Romantic Coastlines in All of America
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Dec 14, 2019
From weekend getaways to anniversary and 2020 honeymoon vacations, Connecticut is a convenient, captivating and affordable escape along the Northeast coast of the U.S.
Have a look at our collection of tips and suggestions for a romantic Connecticut weekend, and start planning a fun getaway to this attractive state.
The Best Time to Visit Connecticut? If you can plan and reserve ahead, we suggest autumn for the brilliant foliage. If it’s a last-minute romantic getaway, Connecticut can be enjoyed anytime of the year.
Romantic Getaways in Hartford, CT
Hartford is the Connecticut state capital, and it offers a selection of historic buildings to explore, including author Mark Twain’s home. Plus, there's Bushnell and Elizabeth Parks, and a vibrant TheaterWorks live performance stage downtown.
When it’s time to dine at a romantic restaurant in Hartford, CT, make the short drive out to the Mill on the River, voted one of the most romantic places to eat in Connecticut (989 Ellington Road, South Windsor, CT 860-289-7929).
Room at the Marriott Hartford
Marriott Hartford Pool With View
- Marriott Hartford Downtown Romantic Hotel - a romantic Hartford hotel with river views that offers upscale dining, luxury bedding, and a Connecticut spa treatment getaway package complete with breakfast for two. 2019 ERV *Rating for Romantic Hartford CT Hotels: 84% - Very Good (200 Columbus Blvd, Hartford, CT 860-249-8000).
Romantic Connecticut Getaways on the Coast
It's Easy to Find a Quet & Romantic Spot along the Connecticut Coast
Many of the most romantic spots in Connecticut are found along the Coast in the southern part of the state. It's loved for the tranquil forests and quiet beaches of several State Parks along the Atlantic.
Mystic, CT – this well preserved old historic port town is one of the most romantic places on the Connecticut shore. You can walk around Olde Mistik Village, try out a French delicacy at Sift Bake Shop (5 Water St), and enjoy a dinner in one of Mystic’s romantic restaurants like the Floodtide (3 Williams Avenue, 860-536-9604). The distance from New York City to Mystic CT is only 125 miles, making it an easy weekend getaway from NYC.
Romantic Mystic CT Hotel - Whalers Inn
The Inn at Harbor Hill, Niantic CT
- The Whaler's Inn - a romantic Mystic, CT small hotel encompassing several heritage buildings, with completely updated suites offering plush linens, in-room hot tubs and views of the Mystic River. It's perfect for an anniversary or honeymoon on the Connecticut shore. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Mystic, Connecticut B&B's: 88% of Couples Rated it Excellent/Very Good. (20 E. Main St, Mystic CT 860-536-1506)
- Inn at Harbor Hill Marina - another wonderful place for some romantic nights, with views of the Marina, complimentary wine evenings, and some of most attractive babymoon and romance packages in Connecticut. During the day you'll enjoy the antique shops and boardwalk in Niantic, CT. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Niantic CT Inns: 98% - Excellent (60 Grand St, Niantic CT 860-739-0331)
Southeastern Connecticut's Romantic Inn at Stonington
Inn at Stonington, Southeast CT Coast
Inn at Stonington Breakfast Room
- Inn at Stonington - interested in one of the top romantic Connecticut inns? The Inn at Stonington will not disappoint. You can check into romantic accommodation with ocean views, fireplace, spa tubs along with luxury bedding and bath amenities. There's on-site massage treatments, relaxing by the beach, or exploring the nearby Connecticut Beer & Wine trails, Velvet Mill and Saturday Farmer's Market. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Stonington, Connecticut Inns: 98% - Excellent. (60 Water St, Stonington CT 860-535-2000)
Romantic New Haven CT Getaways
New Haven, CT – romantic things to do here include time at the beach, an afternoon ride on the antique carousel at Lighthouse Point Park, or hop on a scenic cruise out to the Thimble Islands.
Room at the Omni New Haven
Views from the Omni New Haven
- Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale - one of the best choices for a romantic hotel stay in New Haven, the Omni offers friendly staff, scenic views from your room, all within walking distance to restaurants, museums and historic areas of town. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic New Haven CT Hotels: 78% - Good. (20 E. Main St, Mystic CT 860-536-1506)
Norwalk, CT - one of the most romantic spots on Long Island Sound. Take the ferry over to Sheffield Island for a scenic walk around the lighthouse - or go for a true Connecticut experience and join the Thursday Evening Clambake. www.seaport.org.
Hotel Zero Degrees in Norwalk CT
Romantic Room at the Hotel Zero Degrees
- Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk - if an age-old B&B doesn't excite you, this new hotel offers ultra-cool boutique accommodation in Norwalk CT that's close to restaurants and shopping with luxury rooms, spa robes, soaker tubs and a rooftop terrace. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Norwalk CT Hotels: 88% - Very Good. (353 Main Ave, Norwalk CT 203-750-9800)
3 Romantic Beaches in Connecticut:
- Sherwood Island State Park
More Romantic Places in CT:
The Litchfield Hills are a natural choice for romantic Connecticut getaways in the northwestern part of the state. Picturesque New England towns along with romantic walks around the lakes make this area of the state a top pick for romantic excursions from Boston or NYC.
The Interlaken Inn's Romantic Packages in Lakeville, Connecticut includes strawberries & champagne, romantic dinner and a picnic lunch.
Waterbury, CT - Catching a live performance at the historic and beautiful Palace Theater (100 East Main St, Waterbury, CT) is guaranteed to be a romantic night out in this attractive community in the middle of the state of CT.
Romantic Packages in Connecticut
- The Water's Edge Resort & Spa is a lovely hotel with spa packages ideal for a romantic Connecticut getaway in Connecticut along Long Island Sound. They also offer fine dining, and a romantic spa B&B package that includes Sunday brunch with Saturday night stays. (525 Boston Post Rd, Westbrook CT 860-399-5901)
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific rating formula for romantic hotels which includes:
- Romantic Amenities: such as an in-room JACUZZI®, suites with a Whirlpool bath, scenic view, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families with kids, business travelers, etc)
with Couples & Honeymooners: based on variety of social media & crowd-sourced reviews.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages