A Fun Romantic Getaway in Denver
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
Romantic Vacations Home
16th St Mall, One of the Highlights of a Romantic Getaway in Denver
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Sep 24, 2020
Some guides describe Denver as not a particularly romantic destination. Don’t believe that! We found some ideal hotels, inns and places for couples here during a recent 3-night weekend escape, and with just a little bit of planning, your romantic getaway in Denver (or honeymoon) can be a trip you’ll truly treasure.
Best Time of Year to Visit Denver, CO: unless you're coming to ski and enjoy winter, the best time for a vacation in Denver would have to be the shoulder seasons of late April to mid June, and again in September and October.
Romantic Denver Hotels
Hotel Monaco Denver
Hotel Monaco in Downtown Denver
- Hotel Monaco Denver - think romantic getaway in Denver (or downtown in many major U.S. cities) and Kimpton Hotels quickly comes to mind. Besides the leopard-skin robes and luxury bath amenities, they can even provide you with a goldfish for your stay! (don’t worry, they feed and look after it). What Other Couples Liked: evening wine hour...the in-house Italian restaurant...cleanliness, quiet, friendly staff. 2020 ERV Rating*: 88% - Very Good (1717 Champa St, Denver, CO 800-990-1303)
Marriott Cherry Creek
JW Marriott Cherry Creek
- JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek - romantic high-rise in the heart of Cherry Creek, one of Denver’s most attractive neighborhoods. Walk to dining and shops, and check out Antoine du Chez, one of the top-rated spas in the country. Outdoor fire pits perfect for cuddling on those cool Denver nights. What Other Couples Liked: views overlooking the Mountains...walk to the Botanic Gardens. 2020 ERV Rating*: 90% - Excellent. (150 Clayton Lane, Denver CO 855-297-1426)
Hotel Teatro, Denver
- Hotel Teatro - with oversize soaker tubs and rain shower heads, plus 24 hour room service, the Teatro certainly ranks as one of Denver’s most luxurious honeymoon hotels. They also have a very cool "Craft Brewery by Bike" package their concierge will set up for you, including two of the hotel's own vintage bikes. What Other Couples Liked: modern design...charming rooms...great staff. 2020 ERV Rating* for Couples: 88% - Very Good (1100 14 St, Denver, CO 888-727-1200)
More Romantic Colorado:
- Romantic Colorado Getaways - our report on the best places for couples vacations in Colorado, with ideas and tips on romantic resorts, destinations and things to do.
Romantic Denver Bed And Breakfast Inns:
Castle Marne B&B
Castle Marne Romantic B&B, Denver
- Castle Marne Bed and Breakfast – a romantic 9 room inn from the late 1800’s in Denver’s Capitol Hill area. Selected suites have their own private outdoor hot tubs, and they cater to special getaways with romance and honeymoon packages. What Other Couples Liked: Affordable...Great Location...Delicious Breakfasts. 2020 ERV Rating*: 96% - Excellent. (1572 Race St, Denver CO 303-331-0621)
Capitol Hill Mansion
Capitol Hill Mansion in Denver
- Capitol Hill Mansion Bed and Breakfast Inn – this historic Denver B&B with views of the city and Rocky Mountains, plus gourmet breakfasts in the morning and a hosted wine reception each evening. What Other Couples Liked: Gas Fireplaces...Whirlpool Tubs...Close to Downtown...Superb Garden and Eating Area. 2020 ERV Rating*: 96% - Excellent. (1207 Pennsylvania St, Denver, CO 800-839-9329)
Romantic Hotel Packages in Denver
- Hotel Monaco Denver Romance Packages – officially there’s 1, but this Kimpton Hotel actually has several combos for a special anniversary or honeymoon getaway in Denver. They include all sorts of treats like a romantic turn down service with chocolates and rose petals, sparkling wine, tickets to the Botanic Gardens, local brewery walking maps and much more.
7 Romantic Spots in Denver
1. Confluence Park – this is a very attractive spot right next to the downtown, and the combination of green grass, the rushing river and the city skyline makes Confluence Park a rather special place. There's a number of nice trails, but the best part is just wandering around and soaking up the atmosphere. For a nice little break, hop across the street to Ink, one of the better Denver coffee shops (1590 Little Raven St).
2. Explore Denver’s Highlands Neighborhood – if you find the downtown just a little too busy, escape to this fun area of town which also has it's share of Denver’s romantic places to eat. We spent a great afternoon here, including lunch at Linger (2013 W 30 Ave) and a couple of cones to go just below at Little Man Ice Cream (2620 16th St). A short walk over top of noisy Interstate 25 (don’t worry, there’s a pedestrian bridge) brings you to colorful Platte Street, with it’s handful of specialty shops and wine bar happy hours, like the one at Eat + Drink (1541 Platte St).
Relaxing by the South Platte River
Butterscotch & Chocolate at Little Man Ice Cream
3. South Platte River Trail – while it's a nice walkway for cycling or strolls, we loved the opportunity to just relax on the rocks and dip our feet in the River on a hot September afternoon.
4. Couple of Cocktails Please – two spots stand out as Denver’s most romantic lounges, the first being the incredible art deco Cruise Room (1659 Wazee St). Or if the Mile High City is just not high enough for you, hop on the elevator at the Hyatt Regency and don’t get off till you arrive at the 27th floor and the Peaks Lounge (650 15th St). Sure, you’ll be paying for the view, but oh, what a view!
Drinks and Views from Peaks Lounge, Hyatt Regency, Downtown Denver CO
5. 16th Street Mall – the pedestrians only mall is the hub of downtown Denver, and you could easily plan a romantic night out here with dinner followed by a horse and carriage ride. (www.irishrosecarriages.com for more info)
6. Elitch Gardens Ferris Wheel – old-fashioned Ferris wheels are very romantic, and Elitch Gardens has a good one. Over 100 ft tall, with nice views of the city and the Rockies. Since you’ve paid and you’re already in the park, try the Observation Tower too. (2000 Elitch Circle, Denver, CO)
7. Denver Gourmet Tours - not just one, but a wide variety of escorted tours based on themes like food trucks, local craft brews, taco shops and neighborhood-specific adventures. Outings are scheduled between Friday to Sunday, fitting the itinerary of your romantic getaway in Denver on a weekend. (www.denvergourmettours.com)
5 Romantic Places to Eat in Denver
- Fruition - new American Farm-to-Table menu getting rave reviews (1313 E 6th Ave, Denver CO 303-831-1962)
- Rioja - upscale Mediteranean dining in Lower Downtown (1431 Larimer St, Denver CO 303-820-2282)
- Briarwood Inn - prime rib & a nice fireplace in West Denver's foothills (1630 8th St, Golden CO 303-279-3121)
- Vesta Dipping Grill - innovative international dishes and dipping sauces (1822 Blake St, Denver CO 303-296-1970)
- Beatrice & Woodsley - tree house-esque decor with soft lights and "Rustic American" cuisine (38 S Broadway, Denver CO 303-777-3505)
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
√ COVID Safety Plan: identifies hotels and inns that clearly indicate they are taking measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages