Romantic Getaways in Colorado - The Best Hotels, Resorts & Destinations
Romantic Vacations Home
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
Soaking Up the Rocky Mountain Scenery on a Romantic Getaway in Vail, Colorado
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Dec 14, 2019
If you love great mountain scenery, fresh alpine air, recreation and some seclusion, Colorado is for you. And in 2020 there's no shortage of romantic things to do in Colorado, as the state has an abundance of cozy mountain honeymoon cabins, romantic resorts, great hot springs getaways and more.
Best Time to Visit Colorado: April to June, and September and October are nice months to be in Colorado. Be aware that public holidays and long weekends usually mean crowds of travellers heading to the Rockies, so if you can avoid these times great; if not, just be prepared to book much further in advance and expect higher prices.
Disclaimer: JACUZZI® is a registered
trademark owned by Jacuzzi Inc. The use of the JACUZZI® trademark on this
website is for informational purposes only. There is no relationship,
connection or affiliation between this website and Jacuzzi Inc. or its related
companies. As hotel rooms and amenities can change, please check with
each individual accommodation property before making travel plans to ensure that the hotel room you have booked includes an authentic JACUZZI® brand hot tub. Please Note: rooms and tubs described may not be exactly as shown.
Romantic Getaways in Colorado Hotels, Resorts & Cabins
Manitou Springs CO Romantic Hotel
Romantic Small Hotel - The Cliff House at Pikes Peak, Manitou Springs CO
- The Cliff House at Pikes Peak - voted one of the most romantic places to stay in Colorado. The rooms and suites are gorgeous and include scenic views, two-person spa tubs, steam showers and fireplaces. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Colorado Inns: 86% - Very Good. (306 Canon Ave., Manitou Springs, CO 877-505-4062)
Vail, Colorado Romantic Lodging
Cozy Suite at the Manor Vail Lodge in Vail, Colorado
- Manor Vail Lodge - ideal for both winter and summer romantic getaways in Vail. The spacious condo-style studio & 1 bedroom suites are roomy (700+ sq ft) and have private balconies with creek or Mountain views, cozy fireplace, full kitchens and Queen or King beds. Outside are 2 pools, hot tubs, fitness and spa facilities, local free shuttle (short walk) and Golden Peak Chair 6 & Gondola 1 (5 minute walk away). 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Lodging in Vail, CO: 90% - Excellent. (595 E. Vail Valley Dr, Vail, CO 800-950-8245)
Breckenridge CO Romantic Condos
Romantic Vacation Rental Lodge in Breckenridge, CO
- Breckenridge CO Romantic Vacation Rental Condos, Villas & Cabins - check out some of the best deals in romantic Breckenridge CO lodging. Rates start as low as $69/night, and you can choose from locations in downtown Breckenridge or ski in/ski out slope side accommodation. Suites are roomy and many offer amenities like wireless internet, satellite TV, fireplace and even jetted tubs.
Colorado Springs Romantic Hotel
Suite with a JACUZZI® Tub at the Marriott Courtyard Colorado Springs
Romantic Colorado Ranch Resort & Spa
Poolside at the Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa
- Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa - Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort is really a special place for active couples. There's 3 types of accommodation (Bunkhouse, Lodge and Cabin), and outside an opportunity to experience some very romantic adventures like wagon & sleigh rides, zip-lining, horseback riding and evening campfires. As well, there's two restaurants, a wine cellar and a coffee shop. Oh, a word about their pool: it's heated geothermally, and since you actually enter it indoors and swim to the outdoor part, it's great on colder days and evenings. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Colorado Ranch Resorts: 88% - Very Good. (3530 Country Rd 83, Tabernash, CO 970-726-5632)
More Romantic Colorado Accommodation
- Wildwood Inn - near Estes Park, offers a private outdoor hot tub, fireplace, sun/spa room and fabulous mountain views, all just 90 minutes from Denver.
- Romantic Secluded Cabin on the Colorado River - a romantic cabin rental in Northwest Colorado. You'll love the peace & quiet of this riverfront cabin with peaceful sounds and views of the Colorado River, wood burning stove, fire pit, covered deck, and jetted spa tub.
- Dunton Hot Springs Resort - romantic resort nestled deep in the an alpine valley. The 19th-century cabins are outfitted with deluxe amenities, and are just a short walk to an historic saloon and bar, dance hall, hot springs and waterfalls. 52068 County Road 38, Dolores, CO (970) 882-4800
- The Springs Resort - overlooks the San Juan river and is an oasis of relaxation and romance. The resort features 18 different therapeutic mineral soaking pools, full spa services and deluxe accommodations. They've got romance packages perfect for weddings, honeymoons and anniversaries too. And with Wolf Creek Ski Area just a short distance away, this could be a very romantic Colorado winter vacation.
More Romantic Places in Colorado
Aspen - quite possibly the most romantic place in the Colorado Rockies! The restaurants, brew pubs and accommodation are all top notch, and the people (and celebrity!) watching can give it added appeal.
Naturally, a town this cute with these amenities doesn't come cheap, and even a weekend here can be an expensive getaway, so come prepared.
Breckenridge - the Country Boy Mine has some fun activities in the summer: you can tour an 1800's Breckenridge gold mine and pan for gold, or go for a fun dinner hayride with a western barbeque dinner! (970-453-4405)
Colorado Springs - the Garden of the Gods is the big attraction here, and they're big enough so that you can enjoy a romantic hike in the surrounding parks and trails relatively easily most times of the year.
Crested Butte - this relaxing destination in Northern CO remains one of the state's premier outdoor playgrounds. It's fun to explore, and if you've never tried hanging whitewater rafting, this is a great spot to start. For activities a little easier on the blood pressure, try one of the many local area hikes, or a romantic evening with dinner at Le Bosquet or Timberline.
Romantic Walk Around Garden of the Gods, one of the Most Scenic Spots in Central Colorado
Durango - very popular for romantic getaways in Colorado during the summer, and for good reason. The gorgeously restored Main Ave combines Victorian-era Hotels and Wild-West Saloons, giving the city a remarkable atmosphere. There's plenty of scenic drives nearby, and the steam-engine narrow gauge rail journey up to Silverton is a wonderful daytrip.
Manitou Springs - a wonderfully scenic small community just 25 minutes NW of Colorado Springs, Manitou Springs has a charming and historic downtown, Pikes Peak Cog Railway, and one of the country's most romantic small hotels, the Cliff House at Pikes Peak (see below).
Ouray - just an hours drive from Telluride (you'll feel like you're in Switzerland!). This rustic old mining town is home to one of the best hot springs in Colorado, Wiesbaden Hot Springs. A soak in these mineral waters is a must-do daytrip from Telluride, and one of the most romantic things to do in southwest Colorado.
Up High in Vail, CO
Steamboat Springs - home to excellent skiing in the winter, and summertime attractions like riding an inner tube down Yampa River, or hiking to scenic Fish Creek Falls.
Telluride - with a wonderfully Western Main Street and delightfully secluded location deep in the Southwest Colorado Mountains, Telluride is must-see stop for romantic travel in CO.
Vail - well known in Colorado for fun times with dance, music, food & wine festivals galore. Romantic trail rides and sleigh rides in the winter are available from Copper Mountain Stables (970-968-2232)
Colorado travel & Driving Distances
Denver Airport is a major hub for United, Frontier and Southwest Airlines, so getting to Colorado is rarely a problem, and often quite affordable.
- Distance from Denver to Aspen: 160 miles
- Distance from Denver to Vail: 95 miles
- Distance from Denver to Breckenridge: 82 miles
- Distance from Denver to Telluride: 365 miles
- Distance from Denver to Durango: 380 miles
- Distance from Denver to Steamboat Springs: 160 miles
- Distance from Denver to Crested Butte: 230 miles
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific rating formula for romantic hotels which includes:
- Romantic Amenities: suites with an in-room Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families with kids, business travelers, etc)
with Couples & Honeymooners: based on variety of social media & crowd-sourced reviews.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages