singapore honeymoon hotels, packages and trip ideas
Romantic Vacations Home
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
By: Maureen Mattson, ERV Asst Editor - Updated Dec 21, 2021
Singapore is a special honeymoon destination….a sophisticated multi-racial, multi-cultural mecca for shopping, sightseeing and basking in year-round warmth. The island nation is widely known as a safe, fun, clean, romantic and fascinating place for newlyweds.
Beautiful Singapore is a Terrific Honeymoon Destination
Singapore honeymoon hotels
- Marina Bay Sands - Your honeymoon deserves this iconic Singapore landmark! Three towers, Skypark (with infinity pool and observation deck) floating crystal pavilions, art and science museum (shaped like a lotus flower), shops, theaters, celebrity chef restaurants and nightclubs are just the start. Their Marina Suite is certainly one of Singapore's top honeymoon suites. 2021 ERV Rating for Singapore Honeymoon Hotels*: 84% - Very Good. (10-Bayfront Ave. Singapore 018956 011 65 6688 8888)
- Hilton Singapore - Great location in Singapore’s high-end shopping district, and a 5 minute walk to the MRT Station. Book an Executive Floor room for your honeymoon and enjoy free Wi-Fi, buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and plentiful pre-dinner drinks and nibbles. The rooftop pool and spacious deck with loungers is great for taking in the sunshine and cooling off in the afternoon. 2021 ERV Rating* for Romantic Singapore Hilton Hotels: 80% - Very Good. (581 Orchard Rd Singapore, 238833 1-800-445-8667)
- Fullerton Bay Hotel - newlyweds will fit right in here at one of Singapore's top-rated hotels, the waterfront Fullerton Bay. Romantic highlights here include a rooftop pool, high tea at their Landing Point restaurant, and cocktails at the Lantern Lounge with views of the nightly MBS laser show. 2021 ERV Rating* for Singapore Waterfront Hotels: 96% - Excellent. (80 Collyer Quay, Singapore 65 6333 8388)
- Sofitel Singapore City Center - Right in the middle of the CBD, the Sofitel is set among historic shops and skyscrapers. Directly below the building is the MRT station that can efficiently whisk you off to all the sights of Singapore. A variety of fine and casual restaurants and bars are on-site and the pool and fitness facilities are top-notch. 2021 ERV Rating* for Romantic Downtown Singapore Hotels: 94% - Excellent. (9 Wallich St, Singapore 65 6428 5000)
honeymoon attractions in singapore
- Marina Bay Sands Hotel Skypark/Observation Deck - is accessible to ticket holders by elevators that whisk you up 57 storeys (600 feet) to the 1-hectare (2-1/2 acre) roof terrace. Here you can truly appreciate Singapore’s famous cityscape, including the Gardens, Supertree Grove and Marina.
Supertrees at Singapore's Romantic Gardens by the Bay
- The Gardens by the Bay is a 250-acre, (about 4 square miles) futuristic greenspace that includes domed conservatories, Cloud Forest, Flower Dome, shell-shaped greenhouses, the Supertree structures, and the skywalk overhead. The Supertrees are a definite must-see, particularly at night.
- The Supertree Grove is a mechanical forest of 18 artificial trees that are, in fact vertical gardens of their own, collecting rain water and generating solar power. Each one is covered with tropical flowers and ferns over the metal framework. But each night, they come alive in an amazing light and sound show called Garden Rhapsody.
- Haji Lane is an extremely narrow street in the Arab Quarter is lined with boutiqes that sell all kinds of unique and quirky items. Take in the colorful shops fronts and interesting murals as you stroll through and find a few treasures.
- Mustafa Department Store - Spend some time searching for treasure at this huge multi-level department store. Brand name goods of all kinds are available here at cheaper prices than elsewhere. Be sure to check out the gold jewelry and Asian-inspired gifts.
- Book a Romantic Night Tour by RMG Tours, Private Inc. The 3-1/2 hour guided tour includes bus transportation to and from your hotel, Gardens by the Bay with light and music show at the Supertree Grove, the SkyPark at Marina Bay Sands, and a 20-minute ride on a river taxi up the Singapore River. A great way to save time waiting in line and watch this beautiful city come alive at night on your honeymoon.
Hop-On Hop-Off Bus in Singapore
Singapore Sunshine on the Bus
- Go for a Singapore Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour - choose 24-hour or 48-hour ticket options, choose your route, and enjoy a great guided tour on an open-roof double decker bus. Plug in those ear phones and learn about each landmark you pass by. Hop off to explore further, then wait a few minutes and hop back on the next one. Areas like Chinatown, Little India, Clarke Quay and others are covered.
food & Drink Must-Do's on your singapore honeymoon:
Singapore Hawker Food Centre
- Singapore Hawker Food - don't spend your honeymoon in stuffy dining rooms - instead, try these world-famous open air food courts! Be brave and try what’s on offer at crowded little stalls. It’s the best of local cuisine and Singapore is one of the best food destinations in the world. Each stall has a posted cleanliness grade of A, B or C, so get in there and enjoy. We visited the one on Newton Food Centre, made famous in the movie Crazy Rich Asians.
Singapore Ice Cream Sandwich
- Singapore Ice Cream Sandwich - Another local treat is ice cream sandwiches. You can find them at sidewalk carts are set up in various places throughout the city. These are not your typical cool treats either - they're made with hard vanilla ice cream which is sandwiched between rainbow bread slices (sweet), and they are simply delicious!
Selfie Coffee in Singapore!
- Selfie Coffee - you'll need to look carefully to find this cafe at 11 Haji Lane, but it's worth it to get a wonderful Singapore honeymoon souvenir that will last about 10 minutes: a latte with your face appearing (and then disappearing) in the foam on the top!
Singapore Sling at Raffles Hotel
- Singapore Sling at Raffles Hotel - Raffles Singapore has been in operation since 1887 and is the birthplace of the iconic drink. This sip of history is not cheap ($30 USD) but enjoying one here is worth the experience.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based on social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
√ COVID Safety Plan: identifies hotels and inns that clearly indicate they are taking measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages