Victoria BC Romantic Hotels & Small Inns
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
Romantic Vacations Home
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Nov 29, 2014
Victoria, BC is one of Canada’s most popular wedding, honeymoon and romantic getaway destinations. So as you might expect, there is a nice choice of places to stay for newlyweds, as well as couples on anniversary vacations and weekend escapes on Canada's West Coast.
Spend a night or two in the best parts of Victoria, and you'll think you've arrived in a small village in England!
So here's our review of Victoria BC romantic hotels and places to stay on the superbly scenic southern tip of Vancouver Island. If you're arriving by ferry from Vancouver, Victoria is an easy 30-minute drive or bus ride away. For those flying in, Victoria Airport is also close, about 25 mins by car.
Oak Bay Beach Hotel
Entrance to the Beautiful Oak Bay Beach Hotel in Victoria BC
Oak Bay Beach Hotel's Terrific Seaside Mineral Pools
- Oak Bay Beach Hotel - the Oak Bay Beach Hotel is right at the top of Victoria BC romantic hotels. Rooms are outfitted with mini kitchens, beautiful deep soaker tubs with high-end bath amenities, plush robes, gas fireplace, Wi-FI and Flat Screens, plus a separate sitting area and private balcony. Downstairs in the lobby, a beautiful great room with grand piano and seaside views awaits, with the cozy Snug Pub just around the corner. And...then there's the seaside Mineral Pools. In a word, they're fantastic. Open 24 hrs, and the main pool is kept at a nice & hot temperature of around 98 F, making a late-night swim under the stars not only possible, but very romantic and enjoyable, any time of year. Oh, one other thing: in keeping with the hotel's relaxed atmosphere, the pool area is designated a "whisper only" zone, and unlike some other adult pools we've seen, they are serious about this - zero tolerance for loud talking and cell phone calls. Bravo! What Other Couples Liked: Wonderful Anniversary Getaway...Magnificent Hotel and Pools. 2014 ERV Rating* for Romantic Victoria Hotels: 95% - Excellent. (1175 Beach Dr, Victoria BC 800-668-7758)
King Bed Room at the Oak Bay Beach Hotel
More Victoria BC Romantic Hotels:
Abigail's Hotel in Victoria BC
|Romantic Room at Abigail's Hotel
|Whirlpool Suite at Abigail's Hotel in Victoria, BC
- Abigail’s Romantic Victoria Hotel – one of the most sought-after small inns for romantic weekends in Victoria. You’ll find the staff friendly & helpful, and their breakfasts are raved about! Tudor stylings and English gardens make this a classically romantic place to stay. The Honeymoon Suites in this Victoria BC B&B are outfitted with a four-poster King bed, wood burning fireplace and double jetted tub. What Other Couples Liked: Outstanding Small Property...Incredible Getaway in a Romantic City...Feel Like Royalty. 2014 ERV Rating* for Romantic Victoria Hotels: 95% - Excellent. (906 McClure St, Victoria, BC 800-561-6565)
Room at the Romantic Magnolia Hotel in Downtown Victoria, BC
- Magnolia Hotel - if you want a romantic getaway near the center of Victoria with shopping, fine dining and the Inner Harbor all equally close, we can definitely recommend the Magnolia Hotel. They've just completed a major renovation, and you're going to love the marble bathrooms with deep soaker tubs. Deluxe Corner & Diamond rooms on the higher floors come with harbor views, and their nightly turn-down service with chocolates is a nice romantic touch. What Other Couples Liked: Fantastic Boutique Hotel...Amazing Hotel in the Center of It All...Close to the Clipper Ferry. 2014 ERV Rating* for Romantic Victoria Hotels: 93% - Excellent. (623 Courtenay St, Victoria, BC 877-624-6654)
Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour
Room at the Marriott Hotel, Downtown Victoria, BC
- Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour – a luxury high-rise romantic Victoria BC downtown hotel just a couple blocks from the Inner Harbour, shopping and restaurants. Rooms include luxury beds with city, harbor and mountain views, robes and flat-screen TV's, along with access to fitness, pool and Whirlpool facilities. What Other Couples Liked: Clean Rooms, Good Service...Nice Big Comfy Rooms... 2014 ERV Rating* for Romantic Victoria Hotels: 92% - Excellent. (728 Humboldt St, Victoria, BC 855-297-1426)
Victoria BC Romantic Hotels - Save up to 50% off at the Marriott, Abigails, Fairmont Empress
The Empress Hotel
The Romantic and Grand Empress Hotel, Victoria BC
- The Fairmont Empress, Victoria,BC – no list of romantic places to stay in Victoria would be complete without the Empress. Romantic attractions at this luxury Vancouver Island hotel include Afternoon Tea (a Victoria BC tradition), The Willow Stream Spa and several wedding packages featuring the Crystal Ballroom. What Other Couples Liked: Grand Old Hotel...Dated Decor But Lovely Place...Great Staff and Location. 2014 ERV Rating* for Romantic Victoria Hotels: 81% - Very Good. (721 Government St, Victoria, BC 250-384-8111)
More Romantic Vancouver Island on ERV:
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific rating formula for romantic hotels which includes:
- Romantic Amenities: suites with an in-room Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families with kids, business travelers, etc)
with Couples & Honeymooners: based on variety of social media & crowd-sourced reviews.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages