Arkansas Romantic Getaway & Honeymoon Guide
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
Romantic Vacations Home
The Great Arkansas Outdoors are a Wonderful Spot for a Romantic Getaway
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Dec 21, 2020
Here’s some fun and affordable Arkansas romantic getaway ideas for 2021. It’s called the Natural State, but you'll discover not only some of the most beautiful mountains and valleys in the South, but interesting and vibrant cities as well.
Anniversary trip or honeymoon in Arkansas? There’s State Parks with peacefully beautiful forests and rivers. Fun activities on over 600,000 acres of lakes. Or a romantic dinner while watching the moon rise above the Ozarks from the porch of a romantic B&B or secluded lakefront cabin.
Best Time to Visit Arkansas: spring and autumn seasons are great times to be here, with comfortable temperatures and great colors. You might find summer in Arkansas a bit too warm and humid if you're not from the South.
Disclaimer: JACUZZI® is a registered
trademark owned by Jacuzzi Inc. The use of the JACUZZI® trademark on this
website is for informational purposes only. There is no relationship,
connection or affiliation between this website and Jacuzzi Inc. or its related
companies. As hotel rooms and amenities can change, please check with
each individual accommodation property before making travel plans. Please Note: rooms and tubs described may not be exactly as shown.
ERV's Top 5 Romantic hotels in Little Rock, ar:
- Capital Hotel
- Empress of Little Rock
- Rosemont B&B Cottages
- Hilton Garden Inn Little Rock Downtown
- Residence Inn Little Rock
Romantic Room at the Capital Hotel
- Capital Hotel - very attractive downtown Little Rock hotel with luxury King suites loaded with amenities like robes and slippers, Molton Brown bath products, blackout curtains and daily turndown service. The Capital offers packages for a variety of occasions, and there's romantic dining on-site at the One Eleven and Capital Bar & Grill. 2021 ERV Rating for Romantic Little Rock Hotels: 98% - Excellent. (111 W. Markham St, Little Rock AR 501-374-7474)
Empress of Little Rock Romantic Inn
- Empress of Little Rock - gorgeous "Downton Abbey" themed B&B with a AAA 4-Diamond rating. Suites elegantly attired with 4-poster beds, JACUZZI® Tubs for 2 people, fireplaces and lots more. 2021 ERV Rating* for Little Rock, AR Romantic B&B's: 96% - Excellent. (2120 Louisiana St, Little Rock AR 501-374-7966)
Little Rock's Romantic Rosemont B&B Cottages
- Rosemont B&B Cottages - this romantic B&B is located in the historic downtown Little Rock River Market area, and you'll love the 1 & 2 bedroom suites with JACUZZI® Tubs, fireplace and private balconies or porches. Check out the Rosemont's Romance Packages and add some wine, candles, chocolates and rose petals to your getaway or honeymoon. 2021 ERV Rating* for Romantic Little Rock B&B's: 92% - Excellent. (515 W 15 St, Little Rock, AR 501-374-7456)
- Hilton Garden Inn Little Rock Downtown - couples love this Hilton for it's great River Market location, rooftop bar and views, indoor pool and on-site restaurant and bar. 2021 ERV Rating* for Downtown Little Rock, AR Romantic Hotels: 90% - Excellent. (322 Rock St, Little Rock AR 501-244-0044)
- Residence Inn Little Rock Downtown - King Rooms are air conditioned, there's a nice outdoor pool and fire pit, and you can walk to the River Market, Clinton Presidential Library & more. 2021 ERV Rating* for Romantic Little Rock, AR Hotels: 86% - Very Good. (219 River Market Ave, Little Rock, AR 501-376-7200)
see also on ERV:
Romantic Little Rock getaway activities
- The Old Mill - One of the most romantic spots in Little Rock. Made famous in the movie Gone With the Wind, the quiet and picture perfect garden and setting is a great spot for a romantic picnic. (3800 Lakeshore Dr, North Little Rock AR)
- River Market– lots of activity in this vibrant & fun indoor market in Little Rock. A great place to shop for crafts and collectables, and try different foods and ethnic dishes too. (400 President Clinton Ave, Little Rock AR)
Romantic Restaurants in Little Rock:
- One Eleven at the Capital - top-rated romantic spot to eat at the Capital Hotel, see our review above. (111 W. Markham St, Little Rock AR 501-370-7011)
- Brave New Restaurant - enjoy romantic dining and one of the best river views in Little Rock. Known for their fine wine list and chocolate crème brulee. (2300 Cottondale Lane, Suite 105 501-663-2677)
hot springs, Arkansas Romantic Inns
The Very Romantic Lookout Point Lakeside Inn, Hot Springs AR
- Lookout Point Lakeside Inn - a wonderful spot for a Hot Springs, AR romantic vacation. Explore beautiful and serene Lake Hamilton, laze away the afternoon on a hammock, or rediscover your romance with one of their couples packages. Nestled in the Ouachita Mountains overlooking the lake, this luxury bed and breakfast is perfect for your romantic getaway.There's captivating views from the spacious Whirlpool tub guest rooms, and each morning a gourmet breakfast is served at your private table or outdoors by the waterfalls. 2021 ERV Rating* for Romantic Hot Springs AR B&B's: 98% - Excellent. (104 Lookout Circle, Hot Springs, AR 1-866-525-6155)
Room at the Waters Boutique Hotel
- The Waters Romantic Hot Springs AR Hotel - one of the most romantic boutique hotels in Arkansas. Excellent downtown location, with a rooftop lounge, on-site restaurant with Sunday brunch, and luxurious rooms with views of the city and National Park. 2021 ERV Rating* for Romantic Hotels in Hot Springs Arkansas: 90% - Excellent. (340 Central Ave, Hot Springs AR 501-321-0001)
Romantic Cottage on Lake Hamilton, AR
- LakePlace Cottage on Lake Hamilton - enjoy a lakefront spot in the wilderness beauty of Lake Hamilton. This romantic one-bedroom cottage is perfect for an inexpensive and relaxing honeymoon or getaway, comes with high-speed Wi-Fi and HDTV, and gets top marks for cleanliness, location and friendly owners. (Lake Hamilton, AR)
Things to Do in Hot Springs, AR:
Welcome to Spa City! The 140+ degree natural hot springs are a big attraction here, and you can sample the soothing water at various spa & mineral baths, including Buckstaff Bathhouse Co. on Bathhouse Row.
Crater of Diamonds - if diamonds are a girl’s best friend, she just might love this State Park, the only public diamond mine in the world. You can spend an afternoon digging for treasure here, and keep whatever you find! Located just over 2 miles southwest of Murfreesboro in Western Arkansas.
Other romantic things to do in Hot Springs, AR:
- Have fun like kids at Magic Springs & Crystal Falls Theme Park.
- Ride a horse-drawn carriage through the historic downtown.
- Enjoy a romantic sunset dinner cruise on the Belle of Hot Springs Riverboat (501-525-4438).
arkansas honeymoon packages
Romantic Eureka Springs getaways
Romantic Room at the 5 Ojo Inn, Eureka Springs
- 5 Ojo Inn - romantic B&B resort in Eureka Springs, AR. Their all-inclusive Arkansas honeymoon package offers 2 nights in a romantic honeymoon suite with in-room hot tub, gourmet breakfasts and dinner, and his and hers spa massage treatments. 2021 ERV Rating* for Romantic Eureka Springs B&B's: 98% - Excellent. (5 Ojo St, Eureka Springs, AR 800-656-6734)
Fire Pit, Pool & View - Pointe West Resort
- Pointe West Resort & Suites - up high in the Ozark Mountains, with beautiful mountain and lake views. There's theme rooms and a suite with a JACUZZI® Tub to choose from, and you'll also enjoy a continental breakfast, outdoor pool and fire pits. 2021 ERV Rating* for Eureka Springs, Arkansas Motels: 96% - Excellent. (11882 AR-187, Eureka Springs, AR 479-253-9050)
Cinnamon Valley Cottage in Eureka Springs
- Cinnamon Valley Hideaway Romantic Cottage - this secluded Ozark Mountains cottage is the prefect romantic retreat for couples in Eureka Springs, with loft bedroom, private deck & barbecue and jetted spa tub.
- The New Orleans Hotel & Spa will pamper your romantic weekend with stylish and spotlessly clean rooms, on site spa services, and a location close to downtown shops and restaurants. 2021 ERV Rating* for Romantic Eureka Springs Hotels: 92% - Excellent. (63 Spring St, Eureka Springs, AR 479-253-8630)
romantic things for couples to do in the ozarks
Ozark Mountains Romantic Waterfalls
Arkansas & Missouri Railroad Journey
The Ozark Mountains are Arkansas' outdoor playground full of wildlife, sparkling clear rivers and lakes, interesting villages & resorts, and romantic sunsets followed by brilliant night skies.
- Eureka Springs - Tucked away in the mountains of Northwest Arkansas, historic Eureka Springs has some attractions for romantics, including horse-drawn carriage rides, country music dinner shows, and a charming downtown of candy shops, art galleries and cafes.
- Arkansas Romantic Getaway Scenic Routes - driving through the Ozark Mountains is one of the most scenic drives anywhere in the southern US States. And especially in autumn (mid to late October), two foliage routes not to miss are Arkansas Highway 7 Scenic Byway through the Boston Mountains from Buffalo, AR to Russellville, AR, and Highway 14 through the Ozark National Forest between Mountainview, AR and Yellville, AR.
- Arkansas & Missouri Railway – take this historic and romantic rail journey on weekends through the Ozark Mountains. See their website for details on routes, excursions and prices.
more Romantic Spots in Arkansas
Wiederkehr Wine Cellars, Altus AR
Wildflower B&B, Mountain View AR
Mountain View, AR - surrounded by rivers and lakes, and home to some excellent folk music, as the town is a hot bed of artists and performances during their Folk Festival (held annually in April) and throughout the year.
Altus, AR - there's tasting at any of the 5 wineries here in the "Wine Capital of Arkansas".
Hardy, AR - small but extremely attractive Ozarks community with historic buildings and downtown, a vintage car museum, numerous places for hiking and kayaking, and some good eateries.
- Biggers Bed & Breakfast. Romantic B&B in Hardy, AR. 2021 ERV Rating*: 82% - Very Good. (20 Bluff Rd, Hardy AR 870-856-4718)
Van Buren, AR - check out their gorgeous and historic main street, or wander around the Farmer's Market (Every Wednesday and Saturday from April to December) for a taste of area produce, baked goods and local arts.
- Hampton Inn Van Buren. Top-Rated Hotel in Van Buren. 2021 ERV Rating*: 94% - Excellent. (1916 N. 6th St, Van Buren AR 479-471-7447)
Enjoying a Hot Tub Soak, Arkansas
Trolley Stop in Little Rock, AR
Arkansas Romantic Getaway & Anniversary Packages
Here's 2 Arkansas romantic getaway hotel & inn packages perfect for your honeymoon or anniversary in Arkansas. We try to bring you inns that offer a little more than just the standard "roses and box of chocolates"...
- Lookout Point Romance Packages - featured above, they have a very nice 3-night package which would suit any romantic weekend, anniversary or honeymoon escape. Included is whirlpool suite accommodation, wine chocolates & appetizers, a couples massage, admission for 2 to Garvan Woodland Gardens in Hot Springs National Park and a $50 romantic dining credit.
Need a getaway from Arkansas? Straight north, Missouri offers wine country touring and some great fine accommodation options, and heading southwest gets you to fun getaways in Texas. Or, travel straight west and discover the mix of outdoors and history that is unique to Oklahoma getaways.
Air Travel: Many airlines have non-stop flights to Little Rock, Arkansas. They include:
Official Arkansas Tourism Site: Arkansas.com
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based on social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages