Romantic Baltimore Getaway Guide - Packages & Tips for a Fun Weekend
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
By: Maureen Mattson, ERV Asst Editor - Updated: Sep 18, 2021
Charming Baltimore, Maryland is a great place for a getaway! The city enjoys fine weather, a wonderfully compact harbor, plus great local seafood. It’s also close to Maryland’s fine beaches.
The Inner Harbor is One of Baltimore's Most Romantic Attractions
Best Time to Visit Baltimore, MD: Since summer weather in Baltimore can bring high humidity, spring and autumn (the months of May and late September) are good times for a romantic Baltimore getaway.
The best time for delicious steamed crab: July to September. Autumn colors in the city's parks reach their peak usually in the second half of October.
Baltimore's Romantic Hotels & Inns
- Residence Inn Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor - check into this romantic Marriott hotel, and you'll be just a few minutes walk from the harbor, shopping, dining and Oriole Park. Rooms are spacious and updated with flat screens and Wi-Fi, and you'll love the on-site restaurant and Lounge. What Other Couples Liked: Spacious Rooms...Happy Hour Drinks and Snacks...Gracious and Kind Staff. 2021 ERV Rating* for Romantic Baltimore Hotels: 86% - Very Good. (17 Light St, Baltimore MD 410-962-1220) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
Four Poster Bed at Rachael's Dowry B&B in Baltimore
- Rachael's Dowry Bed and Breakfast - it's not often that we review B&B's that get a 100% approval rating from couples, but this romantic Baltimore inn reaches that score with ease. An "18th Century Inn with 21st Century Comfort" is how they describe themselves, and the themed suites and rooms offer soaker tubs, walk-in showers, iPhone docks and DirecTV. What Other Couples Liked: Charming Neighborhood...Rooms Very Quiet...Excellent Inn and Innkeeper. 2021 ERV Rating* for Romantic Baltimore Inns: 96% - Excellent. (637 Washington Blvd, Baltimore MD 410-752-0805) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
- The Inn at Henderson’s Wharf - one of the most elegant and yet affordable places to stay in Baltimore. Romantic rooms come with harbor view, mini bar, and flat screen TV’s. The staff is super friendly, there’s free parking, and the inn enjoys a great location right on the waterfront in Fell’s Point. Highly recommended as a Baltimore honeymoon hotel too. What Other Couples Liked: Beautiful Location and Very Helpful Staff...Wine & Cheese Very Enjoyable. 2021 ERV Rating* for Romantic Baltimore Hotels: 94% - Excellent. (1000 Fell St, Baltimore MD 410-522-7087) √ COVID Safety Plan: Yes
Romantic Things to Do in Baltimore
Baltimore Harbor is Full of Romantic Spots, Dining and Activities for Couples
- Fells Point Food Tour - explore the narrow, cobblestone lanes of this historic neighborhood, and pop in at eateries to sample delicious crab cakes, latkes, local beers and much more.
- Little Italy - hop on one of the water taxis for a romantic lunch at one of the fine eateries here.
- Delicious Local Crab - here’s some choices: outdoors by the water on the wooden picnic tables at Captain James Landing (2127 Boston St.), or in one of the best romantic restaurants in Baltimore, the Greek-flavored Black Olive (814 S. Bond Street, 410-276-7141). Or if you’d rather enjoy your dining right on the water…
- Tour the Tall Ship USS Constellation (if you come around noon, you’ll hear the firing of the old cannons!) Afterward, check out some of the one-of-a-kind finds on Antique Row. (301 East Pratt St, Baltimore MD)
- Rent a Paddle Boat for 2: Team Chessie Paddle Boats (located in Baltimore's Inner Harbor) can get you floating around on the waves in a peddle or electric two-person boat. The peddle version rents for 1/2 hour at a rate of $11, a very cheap romantic outing on the water in Baltimore. Operates Mid-April to mid-November.
- Dine & Dance at the 13th Floor: take the elevator past the luxury condos to the elegant 13th Floor Lounge for cocktails, romantic dining, and dancing. (1 East Chase St, Baltimore, MD 410-347-0880)
- See the Markets: Cross St Market, Broadway and Lexington Markets are all vibrant destinations for picking up local food specialties including baked goods, all sorts of seafood including of course, Maryland crab cakes. A must-do before your romantic picnic near the Harbor.
Romantic Baltimore Getaway Weekend Packages
Baltimore MD Romance Packages:
- Romance on the Harbor - several hotels have gotten together and come up with this tempting Baltimore weekend getaway for couples. Included are cocktails and romantic dining for two, accommodation and hot breakfast in the morning.
More getaways near baltimore:
Baltimore Elopement Packages:
- Gramercy Mansion - ideal for couples that want to elope in Maryland, the Gramercy has packages perfect for eloping. The inn is located in secluded countryside just 20 minutes from downtown Baltimore.
Baltimore Proposal Spots:
If we’re jumping the gun a bit and you haven’t yet popped the question, a couple of places to propose in Baltimore include the top of the steps of the Washington Monument, or any quiet spot around the harbor.
Another option: Turn your romantic Baltimore getaway into an engagement at Federal Hill. Some of the best views of Baltimore are here. It doesn't cost a thing, and sunsets here are 100% perfect times for proposing.
Even more choices: Cylburn Arboretum, Little Italy, or Patterson Park.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based on social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
top hotels, getaways & packages on ERV