Romantic Baltimore Getaway Guide - Packages & Tips for a Fun Weekend
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
Romantic Vacations Home
The Inner Harbor is One of Baltimore's Most Romantic Attractions
By: Maureen Mattson, ERV Staff Writer - Updated: Dec 21, 2016
Charming Baltimore, Maryland is a great place for a couples getaway! The city enjoys fine weather, a wonderfully compact harbor, plus great local seafood. It’s also close to Maryland’s fine beaches.
Best Time to Visit Baltimore, MD: Since summer weather in Baltimore can bring high humidity, spring and autumn (the months of May and late September) are good times for a romantic Baltimore getaway.
The best time for delicious steamed crab: July to September. Autumn colors in the city's parks reach their peak usually in the second half of October.
Baltimore's Romantic Hotels & Inns
- Residence Inn Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor - check into this romantic Marriott hotel, and you'll be just a few minutes walk from the harbor, shopping, dining and Oriole Park. Rooms are spacious and updated with flat screens and Wi-Fi, and you'll love the on-site restaurant and Lounge (17 Light with 4$ happy hour specials of draft beer & wine). What Other Couples Said: "Room was Spacious and Immaculate"..."Happy Hour Drinks and Snacks!"..."Gracious and Kind Staff". 2016 Rating* for Romantic Baltimore Hotels: 93% of Couples Rate It Excellent/Very Good. (17 Light St, Baltimore MD 410-962-1220)
Four Poster Bed at Rachael's Dowry B&B in Baltimore
- Rachael's Dowry Bed and Breakfast - it's not often that we review B&B's that get a 100% approval rating from couples, but this romantic Baltimore inn reaches that score with ease. An "18th Century Inn with 21st Century Comfort" is how they describe themselves, and the themed suites and rooms offer soaker tubs, walk-in showers, iPhone docks and DirecTV. What Other Couples Said: "The Suite Could Not Have Been Any Better"..."Charming Neighborhood, Rooms Perfectly Quiet"..."Both the Inn and the Innkeeper Live up to the 5 Star Rating". 2016 Rating* for Romantic Baltimore Inns: 100% of Couples Rate It Excellent/Very Good. (637 Washington Blvd, Baltimore MD 410-752-0805)
- The Inn at Henderson’s Wharf - one of the most elegant and yet affordable places to stay in Baltimore. Romantic rooms come with harbor view, mini bar, and flat screen TV’s. The staff is super friendly, there’s free parking, and the inn enjoys a great location right on the waterfront in Fell’s Point. Highly recommended as a Baltimore honeymoon hotel too. What Other Couples Said: "Beautiful Location and Very Helpful Staff"..."Would Stay Here Again in a Heartbeat"..."Wine & Cheese Very Enjoyable". 2016 Rating* for Romantic Baltimore Hotels: 96% of Couples Rate It Excellent/Very Good. (1000 Fell St, Baltimore MD 410-522-7087)
Romantic Things to Do in Baltimore
Baltimore Harbor is Full of Romantic Spots, Dining and Activities for Couples
- Fells Point Food Tour - explore the narrow, cobblestone lanes of this historic neighborhood, and pop in at eateries to sample delicious crab cakes, latkes, local beers and much more.
- Little Italy - hop on one of the water taxis for a romantic lunch at one of the fine eateries here.
- Delicious Local Crab - here’s some choices: outdoors by the water on the wooden picnic tables at Captain James Landing (2127 Boston St.), or in one of the best romantic restaurants in Baltimore, the Greek-flavored Black Olive (814 S. Bond Street, 410-276-7141). Or if you’d rather enjoy your dining right on the water…
- Tour the Tall Ship USS Constellation (if you come around noon, you’ll hear the firing of the old cannons!) Afterward, check out some of the one-of-a-kind finds on Antique Row. (301 East Pratt St, Baltimore MD)
- Rent a Paddle Boat for 2: Team Chessie Paddle Boats (located in Baltimore's Inner Harbor) can get you floating around on the waves in a peddle or electric two-person boat. The peddle version rents for 1/2 hour at a rate of $11, a very cheap romantic outing on the water in Baltimore. Operates Mid-April to mid-November.
- Dine & Dance at the 13th Floor: take the elevator past the luxury condos to the elegant 13th Floor Lounge for cocktails, romantic dining, and dancing. (1 East Chase St, Baltimore, MD 410-347-0880)
- See the Markets: Cross St Market, Broadway and Lexington Markets are all vibrant destinations for picking up local food specialties including baked goods, all sorts of seafood including of course, Maryland crab cakes. A must-do before your romantic picnic near the Harbor.
Romantic Baltimore Getaway Weekend Packages
Baltimore MD Romance Packages:
- Romance on the Harbor - several hotels have gotten together and come up with this tempting Baltimore weekend getaway for couples. Included are cocktails and romantic dining for two, accommodation and hot breakfast in the morning.
More Getaways near Baltimore on ERV:
Baltimore Elopement Packages:
- Gramercy Mansion - ideal for couples that want to elope in Maryland, the Gramercy has a package perfect for eloping that includes the ceremony, photographer, dinner for two and one nights accommodation. The inn is located in secluded countryside just 20 minutes from downtown Baltimore.
Baltimore Proposal Spots:
If we’re jumping the gun a bit and you haven’t yet popped the question, a couple of places to propose in Baltimore include the top of the steps of the Washington Monument, or any quiet spot around the harbor.
Another option: Turn your romantic Baltimore getaway into an engagement at Federal Hill. Some of the best views of Baltimore are here. It doesn't cost a thing, and sunsets here are 100% perfect times for proposing.
Even more choices: Cylburn Arboretum, Little Italy, or Patterson Park.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific rating formula for romantic hotels which includes:
- Romantic Amenities: suites with an in-room Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families with kids, business travelers, etc)
with Couples & Honeymooners: based on variety of social media & crowd-sourced reviews.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages