Romantic Maryland Getaways & Travel Ideas for Couples
Things to Do on Romantic Maryland Getaways - Annapolis, Ocean City & more
Romantic Vacations Home
Lunch by the Harbor in Romantic Annapolis, Maryland
By Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Oct 3, 2017
Couples on tour in the Northeast US will love Maryland. There’s great food, miles of scenic coastlines, romantic waterfront dining and very attractive inns, B&B’s and romantic hotels. And it's all strung together by short distances on good highways, making the most of a 2 or 3 day getaway weekend.
Best Time of the Year for Romantic Maryland Getaways: the months of May and June are some of the best times to see Maryland.
Summer can bring plenty of crowds and higher humidity to beach areas, so be prepared. Expect higher hotel rates during long weekends, especially in popular spots like Annapolis, Ocean City and Baltimore. Autumn foliage is usually at it's best during the month of October.
Romantic Maryland Getaways in Annapolis, Ocean City & more
Annapolis, MD – any romantic vacation in Maryland should include Annapolis. This historic seaport town is just a 40 minute drive from Washington DC, and contains a very attractive downtown with cobblestone streets that wind their way towards a beautiful harbor.
Romantic Hotels in Annapolis, MD
Romantic Spa Tub, Annapolis Springhill Suites
- SpringHill Suites Annapolis - top-rated with new spotless rooms and king hot tub suites, with an excellent location just 10 minutes from downtown. 2017 Rating* for Romantic Annapolis Hotels: 91% of Couples Rate It Excellent/Very Good. (189 Admiral Cochrane Dr, Annapolis, MD 888-663-0094)
- Gibson's Lodgings Inn - prefer something a little more intimate? Gibson's is a romantic honeymoon B&B in Annapolis MD with Victorian charm, and their Patterson 4 suite has a romantic whirlpool tub for two. 2017 Rating* for Romantic Annapolis B&B's: 96% of Couples Rate It Excellent/Very Good. (110 Prince George St, Annapolis, MD 877-330-0057)
- Annapolis Waterfront Hotel, Autograph Collection - oceanfront honeymoon suites with jetted spa tubs for two in marble bathrooms, plus room service, robes and luxury bath amenities. 2017 Rating* for Romantic Annapolis Hotels: 88% of Couples Rate It Excellent/Very Good. (80 Compromise St, Annapolis, MD 888-773-0786)
Romantic Restaurants in Annapolis, MD: easy to combine dining with romance here, including Maria’s Sicilian Ristorante (12 Market Space, Annapolis MD 410-268-2112). For waterfront dinners by candlelight, try Carol’s Creek Cafe (410 Severn Ave, Eastport MD 410-263-8102).
More Romantic Things to Do - guided Colonial tours and Chesapeake Bay dinner cruises, a horse-drawn carriage ride on the red brick streets, or just enjoying a delicious crab cake picnic lunch by the harbor.
Ocean City Getaways for Couples
Sunset at Lighthouse Hotel, Fager's Island, MD
Holiday Inn & Suites, Ocean City MD
- Lighthouse Hotel & Inn at Fager's Island - great spot for a honeymoon or anniversary getaway in coastal Maryland. relaxing by the gas fireplace or on the deck with a glass of wine while enjoying the sunset over the bay. 2017 Rating* for Ocean City MD Waterfront Inns : 91% of Couples Rate It Excellent/Very Good.(60th St in the Bay, Fager's Island, Ocean City MD 410-524-5400)
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City - for romance and oceanfront hotels, this Holiday Inn is a fine choice. Rooms have Whirlpool tubs, free WiFi, luxury bedding, and private balconies where you can sip your morning coffee while watching the sunrise over the ocean. 2017 Rating* for Romantic Ocean City MD Hotels: 85% of Couples Rate It Excellent/Very Good. (1701 Atlantic Ave, Ocean City, MD 877-508-1786)
- Ocean City Romantic Vacation Rentals - great choice of oceanfront condos and apartments. These units are a very affordable way alternative to hotels, and many offer excellent amenities, convenience and location.
Romantic Things to Do in Ocean City, MD – the vintage Ferris Wheel at the amusement park offers great sunset views and gets our vote as one of the most romantic places to propose in Maryland. You'll find Ocean City's famous Boardwalk a relaxing place for a stroll by the sea. Summertime brings free concerts and movies on the beach.
Romantic Getaways in Baltimore - discover and book romantic hotels and activities for your weekend getaway in Baltimore, MD.
Swallow Falls State Park – great scenery, hike through deep forests, past gorges and waterfalls.
Maryland Wineries - the "boutique" wineries tucked away in the state's wine regions make for a fun romantic outing. Lots of winery events, tastings, food festivals and live music to enjoy.
Great Falls, Potomac, MD – catch a ride along the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal aboard a mule-drawn canal boat!
More Romantic Hotels & Packages in Maryland
Maryland's Romantic Inn at Perry Cabin has Water View Suites, Sailing Packages, and Much More
- Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond- if you're interested in a romantic oceanfront Maryland resort, this gorgeous inn offers water view suites, wine tasting, sailing cruises and open-air movie nights. 2017 Rating* for Romantic Sonoma Hotels: 86% of Couples Rate it Excellent/Very Good (308 Watkins Ln, St. Michaels MD 410-745-2200).
- Best Western Hotel & Conference Center Baltimore MD Anniversary Package - if you were putting together a romantic Maryland hotel package, what would you include? Probably close to what this Best Western has: champagne and chocolates on arrival, some deluxe bath crystals to put in your in-room hot tub, a romantic dinner with the option of going out or having it delivered to your room, and a hot gourmet breakfast the next morning. (To book this package, it's necessary to call the hotel directly: 410-633-9500. 5625 O'Donnell St, Baltimore, MD)
Busy and Colorful Downtown Area of Historic and Romantic Annapolis, Maryland
2018 Fun Dates for Romantic Maryland Getaways
Ocean City Spring Restaurant Week - from April 15 to 29, 2018. Some of Ocean City's
best restaurants will create a range of special fixed-price meals.
Market & Bazaar - every
Sunday morning (starting April 9, 2018) from 7 till noon at Holliday & Saratoga streets in
Baltimore, come browse through a wide range of food and produce, as well as
vendors selling jewelry, arts & crafts, collectibles and more.
More Getaways Near Maryland:
Maryland Travel Info
Driving Times &
Distances to Maryland:
from Philadelphia to Annapolis, MD: 130 miles, 2 hrs
from New York City to Annapolis, MD: 215 miles, 3.5 hrs
from Atlantic City, NJ to Annapolis, MD: 175 miles, 3 hrs
Airlines That Fly
to Maryland: Southwest, Delta and United
all fly into Baltimore/Washington International Airport (3-letter code: BWI).
*ERV Rating for Couples: our unique rating formula for romantic hotels which includes:
- Romantic Amenities: such as an in-suite JACUZZI® tub or Whirlpool bath, scenic view, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families with kids, business travelers, etc)
with Couples & Honeymooners: based on variety of social media & crowd-sourced reviews.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages