Romantic Getaways in Georgia - Beaches, B&B's, Savannah & the Mountains
Romantic Vacations Home
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Aug 15, 2020
Mountains, beaches, oak trees and peaches - that's Georgia! A rich history and fine climate help make a Georgia romantic weekend getaway unforgettable.
Exploring the Shops and Pubs along Romantic River Street in Savannah, Georgia
Best Time to Visit Georgia - Heat & humidity make July and August fairly uncomfortable in many places. Mid-March to Mid-May are much more pleasant, and if you travel here in October and November, expect some fantastic autumn colors, especially in the North Georgia Mountains.
Disclaimer: JACUZZI® is a registered
trademark owned by Jacuzzi Inc. The use of the JACUZZI® trademark on this
website is for informational purposes only. There is no relationship,
connection or affiliation between this website and Jacuzzi Inc. or its related
companies. Rates shown are approximate only. Hotel rooms, jetted tubs and amenities can change, and may not be exactly as shown, so please contact the hotel or inn before making travel plans.
Romantic Spots in Savannah, GA
Savannah is easily one of the most romantic places in Georgia. Southern history and tradition come together in this eclectic city just 18 miles from the Atlantic.
Olde Harbour Inn, Savannah GA
- Olde Harbour Inn - Originally built as a warehouse in 1892, the Olde Harbour Inn is now a boutique all-suite hotel right in the heart of historic Savannah. Hors d’oeuvres and wine are served nightly in the lobby, and evening turn-down service includes ice cream treats! High speed wireless is complimentary and canine friends are welcome. 2020 ERV Rating* for Romantic Savannah GA Inns: 90% - Excellent. (508 E. Factors Walk, Savannah GA 912-234-4100)
Rooftop Pool - Perry Lane Hotel
- Perry Lane Hotel - Luxury hotel with elegant rooms and suites, as well as three food and beverage venues. Little touches like free cookies, natural light pouring in from towering windows, and local art work help couples soak in all that southern charm. Hop on one of the hotel’s bicycles to explore the area, order in-room spa services, or just take in the unbeatable views from the rooftop pool and bar. 2020 ERV Rating* for Savannah GA Romantic Hotels: 96% - Excellent. (256 E. Perry St, Savannah GA 912-415-9000)
Romantic Things to Do In Savannah:
- River Street - an attractive historic district in Savannah where you'll find some interesting shops and cafes to explore. It's one of the stops on the Old Town Trolley Tour, and the River Cruises board right across the street. There's some nice options for romantic Savannah restaurants nearby, like the Olde Pink House (23 Abercorn Street, 912-232-4286).
- Savannah Riverboat Dinner Cruise- come on board the paddle boat Georgia Queen, relax and enjoy great views of the Savannah riverfront, and then a sumptuous dinner and live entertainment.
- Old Town Trolley Tours - if you prefer a motor in front of you, this tour offers that and a pretty good circuit through the best parts of the city, with interesting commentary on the history and architecture of Savannah, and plenty of pick-up spots near hotels, etc.
- Savannah Carriage Tours - one way to soak up the flavour of old Savannah is by a horse-drawn carriage ride. Carriage Tours of Savannah is easy to find on the corner of Jefferson St & W. St. Julian St (just west of Ellis Square).
- Romantic Savannah Hotels: this city in Georgia is home to some very historic and romantic hotels and B&B's, like the Planters inn and Hamilton Turner Inn. Elegant & comfortable, these Victorian inns tucked away in the heart of the historic district.
Romantic Getaways in North georgia Mountains
Hot Tub for 2 - True Romance Cabin
- True Romance Luxury Cabin w/Hot Tub - enjoy a terrific getaway in the North Georgia Mountains in this luxury log cabin. Amenities you'll love inside include full kitchen w/ handcrafted wood cabinets, flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi, King bed, gas fireplace and a JACUZZI® Tub. Outside, enjoy the covered front and back deck, your own private 2-person hot tub, charcoal grill and fire pit. Close to walking trails, wineries, private trout pond and more.
Wine & Cheese at the Romantic Beachwood Inn
- Beachwood Inn - romantic & cozy inn nestled in the North Georgia Mountains. Farm-to-table dining, wine pairings, and even private cooking classes have earned the Beachwood Inn numerous awards. Honeymoon cabins and suites start at $169/night, and they can arrange lots of outdoor activities for your stay, including fun stuff like "ski-yaking" (you have to see it to believe it!) 2020 ERV Rating* for Romantic North Georgia
B&B's: 94% - Excellent. (220 Beachwood Dr, Clayton, GA 706-782-5485)
- North Georgia Romantic Cabins & Cottages - check out a wide selection of romantic cabins & vacation home rentals in the North Georgia mountains for a very private and romantic Georgia getaway. Many come fully outfitted with fireplace, private porch with hot tub, and views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Helen, GA - this little Bavarian-style settlement is an easy day trip from Atlanta. It's even got it's own Octoberfest, along with some fun romantic activities like inner tubing on the Chattahoochee River and hikes in nearby Unicoi State Park.
Romantic Georgia Honeymoon & Anniversary Packages
- Barnsley Gardens is one of the most romantic resorts in Georgia. There's 1,300 acres of everything from golf and spa treatments to horseback riding and walking trails. Their luxury suites are nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, just 75 minutes north of Atlanta, GA. For your Georgia honeymoon, they have an all inclusive package in a luxury cottage, including champagne on arrival, a horse drawn carriage ride, couples massage, and all meals (even a picnic lunch for two). 877-773-2447.
- Forrest Hills Mountain Resort - Just north of Atlanta, Georgia, their anniversary package starts with Champagne or sparkling cider when you arrive (they will even customize the label for you according to the number of years you are celebrating!) You also get six long stemmed roses and a gourmet sampler basket with chocolates and hot beverages, as well as an hour-long couples massage at the spa. As evening sets in, you'll indulge in a romantic candle-lit dinner at the Secret Garden Dining room. Daily breakfast is included, and a picnic basket lunch for two can be added. The staff can show you some great scenic spots close by where you can enjoy it together. Just call 800-654-6313 for rates, information and booking. (135 Forrest Hills Rd, Dahlonega, GA)
More Romantic Getaways Close to Georgia:
Romantic Getaways - GA Beaches & Small Towns
At the Entrance to Tybee Island, GA
- Tybee Island - an attractive ocean side settlement east of Savannah with a fine wide beach for swimming and relaxing. A climb to the top of the Tybee Island Lighthouse is one of the most romantic things to do in this part of Georgia, and you'll love the views of the islands and ocean.
Pool at the Hotel Tybee
- Hotel Tybee - A great oceanfront hotel just steps away from the beach, pier, shopping and restaurants of Tybee Island. Only 18 miles from Savannah. Try their ocean-view room with private balcony, refrigerator and microwave, or splurge and rent their historic “Cabin by the Sea” for a special getaway. 2020 ERV Rating* for Tybee Island, GA Hotels: 72% - Good. (1401 Strand Ave, Tybee Island GA 912-786-7777)
- Tybee Island Romantic Places to Stay: the DeSoto Beach Bed and Breakfast kind of gives you the best of both worlds: the hospitality of a small inn, with free access to the DeSoto Beach Hotel's pool next door! You can walk to the beach in about a minute, and you'll come home each evening to wine and cheese and some time to kick back on their great porch hammock.
Another must-see stop on the romantic Georgia coastline. Don't miss the picturesque Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation, or a peaceful picnic on the dock at the Marshes of Glynn.
Beautiful Brunswick Manor, Brunswick GA
- Brunswick Manor - Take a step back in time and relax on the wrap-around veranda, stroll through the gardens or orchid conservatory, watch the koi take their leisurely swim, or sit a while at the fountain. Inside, you’ll find canopy beds, cozy, romantic rooms, and some serious antique collectables. A full Southern breakfast greets you going each morning. And since historic Brunswick is located halfway between Savannah and Jacksonville, there’s plenty to explore in the area. 2020 ERV Rating* for Romantic Brunswick, GA B&B's: 98% - Excellent. (825 Egmont Street, Brunswick GA 912-265-6889)
St. Simons Island - certainly one of the most romantic small towns in all of Georgia, with lots of possibilities for picnics by the sea, exploring boutique shops and just kicking back on the beautiful white sand. A stroll on the pier is fun, and the old-fashioned trolley ride is one of the finest in the South.
Rooftop View - Ocean Lodge, St Simons Island, GA
- Ocean Lodge - Travel and Leisure Magazine has called St Simon’s Island “America’s Favorite Romantic Town”, and it’s in that setting you’ll find The Ocean Lodge. This 15-suite boutique hotel overlooks the Atlantic Ocean and Georgia’s spectacular Golden Isles. Units are made to reflect the romance of European villas and feature fully equipped kitchens, living room area, and private terraces. Popular amenities include rooftop restaurant and bar, free wifi, and pool. 2020 ERV Rating* for Romantic St. Simons GA hotels: 96% - Excellent (935 Beachview Drive, Saint Simons Island GA 912-291-4303)
Cumberland Island National Seashore - one of the more secluded spots in Georgia, and you'll discover stretches of beautiful shoreline here just perfect for long walks, beach combing and wildlife viewing.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based on social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
√ COVID Safety Plan: identifies hotels and inns that clearly indicate they are taking measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages