Romantic Getaways in Georgia - Beaches, B&B's, Savannah & the Mountains
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Dec 15, 2022
Mountains, beaches, oak trees and peaches - that's Georgia! A rich history and fine climate help make a Georgia romantic weekend getaway unforgettable. Check out our collection below of romantic hotels, inns and things to do in Savannah, Georgia's coast and mountains, as well as Athens and Macon, GA.
Exploring the Shops and Pubs along River Street in Savannah, Georgia
Best Time to Visit Georgia - Heat & humidity make July and August fairly uncomfortable in many places. Mid-March to Mid-May are much more pleasant, and if you travel here in October and November, expect some fantastic autumn colors, especially in the North Georgia Mountains.
Disclaimer: JACUZZI® is a registered
trademark owned by Jacuzzi Inc. The use of the JACUZZI® trademark on this
website is for informational purposes only. There is no relationship,
connection or affiliation between this website and Jacuzzi Inc. or its related
companies. Rates shown are approximate only. Hotel rooms, jetted tubs and amenities can change, and may not be exactly as shown, so please contact the hotel or inn before making travel plans.
Romantic Spots in Savannah, GA
Savannah is easily one of the most romantic places in Georgia. Southern history and tradition come together in this eclectic city just 18 miles from the Atlantic.
Olde Harbour Inn, Savannah GA
- Olde Harbour Inn - Originally built as a warehouse in 1892, the Olde Harbour Inn is now a boutique all-suite hotel right in the heart of historic Savannah. Hors d’oeuvres and wine are served nightly in the lobby, and evening turn-down service includes ice cream treats! High speed wireless is complimentary and canine friends are welcome. 2023 ERV Rating* for Romantic Savannah GA Inns: 90% - Excellent. (508 E. Factors Walk, Savannah GA 912-234-4100)
Rooftop Pool - Perry Lane Hotel
- Perry Lane Hotel - Luxury hotel with elegant rooms and suites, as well as three food and beverage venues. Little touches like free cookies, natural light pouring in from towering windows, and local art all add to the Southern charm. Hop on one of the hotel’s bicycles to explore the area, order in-room spa services, or just take in the unbeatable views from the rooftop pool and bar. 2023 ERV Rating* for Savannah GA Romantic Hotels: 96% - Excellent. (256 E. Perry St, Savannah GA 912-415-9000)
Romantic Things to Do In Savannah:
- River Street - an attractive historic district in Savannah where you'll find some interesting shops and cafes to explore. It's one of the stops on the Old Town Trolley Tour, and the River Cruises board right across the street. There's some nice options for romantic Savannah restaurants nearby, like the Olde Pink House (23 Abercorn Street, 912-232-4286).
- Savannah Riverboat Dinner Cruise- come on board the paddle boat Georgia Queen, relax and enjoy great views of the Savannah riverfront, and then a sumptuous dinner and live entertainment.
- Old Town Trolley Tours - if you prefer a motor in front of you, this tour offers that and a pretty good circuit through the best parts of the city, with interesting commentary on the history and architecture of Savannah, and plenty of pick-up spots near hotels, etc.
- Savannah Carriage Tours - one way to soak up the flavour of old Savannah is by a horse-drawn carriage ride. Carriage Tours of Savannah is easy to find on the corner of Jefferson St & W. St. Julian St (just west of Ellis Square).
- Romantic Savannah Hotels: this city in Georgia is home to some very historic and romantic hotels and B&B's, like the Planters inn and Hamilton Turner Inn. Elegant & comfortable, these Victorian inns tucked away in the heart of the historic district.
Looking for Atlanta?
Atlanta Skyline & Park
Romantic Atlanta Hotel Suite
Romantic North georgia Mountains
Hot Tub for 2 - True Romance Cabin
- True Romance Luxury Cabin w/Hot Tub - enjoy a terrific getaway in the North Georgia Mountains in this luxury log cabin. Amenities you'll love inside include full kitchen w/ handcrafted wood cabinets, flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi, King bed, gas fireplace and a JACUZZI® Tub. Outside, enjoy the covered front and back deck, your own private 2-person hot tub, charcoal grill and fire pit. Close to walking trails, wineries, private trout pond and more.
Wine & Cheese at the Romantic Beachwood Inn
- Beachwood Inn - romantic & cozy inn nestled in the North Georgia Mountains. Farm-to-table dining, wine pairings, and even private cooking classes have earned the Beachwood Inn numerous awards. Honeymoon cabins and suites start at $169/night, and they can arrange lots of outdoor activities for your stay. 2023 ERV Rating* for Romantic North Georgia
B&B's: 94% - Excellent. (220 Beachwood Dr, Clayton, GA 706-782-5485)
- North Georgia Romantic Cabins & Cottages - check out a wide selection of romantic cabins & vacation home rentals in the North Georgia mountains for a very private and romantic Georgia getaway. Many come fully outfitted with fireplace, private porch with hot tub, and views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Helen, GA - this little Bavarian-style settlement is an easy day trip from Atlanta. It's even got it's own Octoberfest, along with some fun romantic activities like inner tubing on the Chattahoochee River and hikes in nearby Unicoi State Park.
The Dahlonega Square Hotel & Villas
Room at Dahlonega Square Hotel & Villas
- Dahlonega Square Hotel & Villas - Couples love this boutique hotel located just a short walk from the historic square in Dahlongega. Surrounded by restaurants, the building dates back to the 1880s and features eclectic rooms, antique furnishings, free Wi-Fi, and a wraparound porch with rocking chairs. The hotel is quiet even though it’s close to the square. Onsite parking is free, and there’s wine tasting in the lobby! For an extra special getaway, splurge for the suite, which includes mini fridge and living room with fireplace. What Other Guests Liked: There’s a breakfast in bed option. 2023 ERV Rating*: 94% - Excellent. Room Prices: From $248/night. (135 N Chestatee St, Dahlonega GA 706-426-5275)
georgia wine country
- North Georgia Wine Tours - Georgia’s Wine Country begins just two hour’s drive from Atlanta, and is spread through scenic towns like Rabin Gap, Helen, Sautee Nacoochee, Cleveland, Young Harris, Hiawassee and Dahlonega. Experts claim that the soil found in these areas is similar to what’s in the wine regions of Italy, so how can you go wrong? Dahlongea alone has 8 wineries and 12 tasting rooms offering award-winning local wines.
More Romantic Getaways Close to Georgia:
Romantic Georgia Beach Getaways
saint simons island: the Inn at Sea island
Pool at the Inn at Sea Island ©TripAdvisor
Room at the Inn at Sea Island ©TripAdvisor
- The Inn at Sea Island - A Spanish Mission-style hotel just 4 miles from the beach, and a short drive to a golf club, historic sites, and shopping. Serene rooms include mini fridges, and free Wi-Fi. A bar, golf simulator, heated outdoor pool and loaner bikes will keep you busy while you enjoy your relaxing coastal surroundings. You’ll also find a workout room, self-service laundry, and a delicious continental breakfast each morning. What Other Guests Liked: Exceptional staff, miles of meandering bike trails. 2023 ERV Rating*: 88% - Very Good. Room Price: From $206/night. (100 Salt Marsh Dr, Saint Simons Island GA 888-329-1249)
grey owl inn
Romantic Grey Owl Inn
Cozy Room at the Grey Owl Inn
- The Grey Owl Inn - This inn is located on a tree-lined property in one of the Island’s oldest residential neighbourhoods. It’s a 15-minute walk to East Beach along the Atlantic Ocean, and not far from the St. Simons Island Lighthouse Museum. Five unique suites with modern amenities, a cozy lounge, game room and garden with a gazebo and fish pond are yours to enjoy. Ask about high tea and the wine and cheese hour. A delicious breakfast is available daily. What Other Guests Liked: Beautiful views from your private balcony. No children under the age of 12. 2023 ERV Rating*: 90% - Excellent. Room Price: From $268/night. (1602 Demere Rd, Saint Simons Island GA 912-434-6292)
- St. Simons Island - certainly one of the most romantic small towns in all of Georgia, with lots of possibilities for picnics by the sea, exploring boutique shops and just kicking back on the beautiful white sand. A stroll on the pier is fun, and the old-fashioned trolley ride is one of the finest in the South.
Jekyll island: ocean club
Jekyll Ocean Club Romantic Resort on Jekyll Island, Georgia
- Jekyll Ocean Club - This is the newest addition to the Jekyll Island Club Resort. It’s an oceanfront, all-suite boutique hotel overlooking the beach. Oversized suites, open-air dining at the onsite restaurant, an outdoor pool, and sundeck with a fire pit are just some of the perks here. You may also take a free shuttle to the hotel’s sister properties, where you’ll find a croquet lawn and other amenities. Suites feature separate living rooms, plus dining areas with coffee machines and mini fridges. What Other Guests Liked: Lots of pool chairs, gorgeous grounds, nights by the fire pit. 2022 ERV Rating*: 90% - Very Good. Room Price: From 362$/night. (80 Ocean Way, Jekyll Island GA 912-319-4348)
Tybee Island: hotel tybee
Pool at the Hotel Tybee
- Hotel Tybee - A great oceanfront hotel just steps away from the beach, pier, shopping and restaurants of Tybee Island. Only 18 miles from Savannah. Try their ocean-view room with private balcony, refrigerator and microwave, or splurge and rent their historic “Cabin by the Sea” for a special getaway. 2023 ERV Rating* for Tybee Island, GA Hotels: 72% - Good. (1401 Strand Ave, Tybee Island GA 912-786-7777)
Tybee Island is a Great Spot for a Getaway on the Georgia Coast
- Tybee Island - an attractive ocean side settlement east of Savannah with a fine wide beach for swimming and relaxing. A climb to the top of the Tybee Island Lighthouse is one of the most romantic things to do in this part of Georgia, and you'll love the views of the islands and ocean.
- Tybee Island Romantic Places to Stay: the DeSoto Beach Bed and Breakfast kind of gives you the best of both worlds: the hospitality of a small inn, with free access to the DeSoto Beach Hotel's pool next door! You can walk to the beach in about a minute, and you'll come home each evening to wine and cheese and some time to kick back on their great porch hammock.
Another must-see stop on the romantic Georgia coastline. Don't miss the picturesque Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation, or a peaceful picnic on the dock at the Marshes of Glynn.
Cumberland Island National Seashore - one of the more secluded spots in Georgia, and you'll discover stretches of beautiful shoreline here just perfect for long walks, beach combing and wildlife viewing.
Hilton Garden Inn, A Romantic Place to Stay in Athens, GA
- Hilton Garden Inn Athens Downtown - Enjoy the convenience of a downtown location, adjacent to the Classic Center (an entertainment/event centre) and within walking distance of breweries and unique eateries. Contemporary rooms include microwaves and mini fridges, and larger Executive corner rooms are also available for extra space and privacy. What Other Guests Liked: Free Wi-Fi, quaint area of downtown. 2023 ERV Rating*: 82% - Very Good. Room Price: From $155/night. (390 East Washington Street, Athens GA 706-353-6800)
Weaver D's in Athens GA - Automatic for the People!
- Athens - Birthplace of bands like REM and the B-52's, Athens is a fine day trip or getaway from Atlanta. Plenty of art galleries and museums to explore here, and for a reliably great taste of Southern soul food, try lunch or early dinner at Weaver D's (1016 East Broad St).
- 1842 Inn - This Macon neighbourhood is composed of historic buildings appearing on the registry of historic places. And the 1842 Inn is right at home with its Greek Revival antebellum styling, adjoining Victorian house, and charming courtyard and garden with a fountain. With 19 guest rooms, parlour and library, you’ll want to spend a bit of time looking over the antiques, grand piano, crystal chandelier, paintings, tapestries, and fancy draperies. Reserve a room with antique 4-poster bed, fireplace or Whirlpool tub for even more romance, and indulge in the complimentary breakfast served daily. Free cookies are served in the parlour, and evening hors d’oeuvres are a delightful addition. What Other Guests Liked: Onsite bar and outdoor seating in the garden. Breakfast can be eaten in-room, in the parlour, or the courtyard. 2022 ERV Rating*: 94% - Excellent. Room Prices: From $250/night. (353 College St, Macon GA 877-452-6599)
Romantic Georgia Honeymoon & Anniversary Packages
- Barnsley Gardens is one of the most romantic resorts in Georgia. There's 1,300 acres of everything from golf and spa treatments to horseback riding and walking trails. Their luxury suites are nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, just 75 minutes north of Atlanta, GA. For your Georgia honeymoon, they have an all inclusive package in a luxury cottage, including champagne on arrival, a horse drawn carriage ride, couples massage, and all meals (even a picnic lunch for two). 877-773-2447.
- Forrest Hills Mountain Resort - Just north of Atlanta, Georgia, their anniversary package starts with Champagne or sparkling cider when you arrive (they will even customize the label for you according to the number of years you are celebrating!) You also get six long stemmed roses and a gourmet sampler basket with chocolates and hot beverages, as well as an hour-long couples massage at the spa. As evening sets in, you'll indulge in a romantic candle-lit dinner at the Secret Garden Dining room. Daily breakfast is included, and a picnic basket lunch for two can be added. The staff can show you some great scenic spots close by where you can enjoy it together. Just call 800-654-6313 for rates, information and booking. (135 Forrest Hills Rd, Dahlonega, GA)
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based on social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
√ COVID Safety Plan: identifies hotels and inns that clearly indicate they are taking measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
top hotels, getaways & packages on ERV