Tennessee Romantic Getaways - Hotels & cabins for Couples, Things to Do
Romantic Vacations Home
Tennessee Offers Great Romantic Getaways in Places like Memphis and Nashville (Above)
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Jul 5, 2020
Escape to Tennessee, and you're on your way to a romantic getaway among mountains, rivers, and friendly folks ready to show you some of that famous Southern hospitality.
Here's some ideas for weekend and last-minute getaways for 2020 in cities like Memphis and Nashville, plus luxurious & relaxing vacations in honeymoon cabin rentals in Tennessee's fabulous Smoky mountains.
Best Time to Plan Your Tennessee Getaway: 10 million + people visit Smoky Mountains National park in the summer months of July and August, so we suggest avoiding travel here then. Since summer can also get rather humid and sticky, the full bloom of Spring and Autumn's brilliant foliage are 2 great reasons to arrive here at those times of the year.
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
Romantic Memphis Hotels
Room at the River Inn of Harbor Town
Sunset View from the Residence Inn Memphis
Luxury & Southern Charm:
- River Inn of Harbor Town - What Other Couples Liked: Fabulous Place for a Honeymoon...Quiet Location, Great Value...A Truly Romantic B&B. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Memphis, TN Inns: 94% - Excellent. (50 Harbor Town Sq, Memphis TN 901-260-3333)
Historic Elegance Downtown:
- Residence Inn Memphis Downtown - What Other Couples Liked: Rooftop Bar's View of the Mississippi River...Close to Beale Street, Restaurants, Trolley Car Stops...Comfortable Bed, Full Kitchen. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Memphis, TN Hotels: 88% - Very Good. (110 Monroe Ave, Memphis TN 901-578-3700)
Romantic Things to Do in Memphis, TN
1. Stroll through
the serene Japanese garden at the Memphis botanical gardens at Audubon Park.
2. Cuddle by the
fire pit while imbibing cocktails at Twilight Sky Terrace on top of the Madison
Hotel (great views of the Mississippi River!)
3. Get a horse and
carriage ride from Carriage Tours of Memphis, or take a short sight-seeing or dinner cruise from Mississippi
4. Walk around Court Square and take in the fountains, sculptures and gazebo. There's restored antique trolleys going by on Main Street, which run frequently, are inexpensive, and stop at most major points of interest.
Nashville, TN Romantic Places to Stay
Nashville's Romantic Inn at Fontanel
Rooftop Pool at the Omni Nashville Hotel
- The Inn at Fontanel - What Other Couples Liked: Porch Swings and Duck Ponds...Delicious Made to Order Breakfasts...Wonderful, Relaxing Stay. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Nashville, TN Inns: 98% - Excellent. (4125 Whites Creek Pike, Nashville TN 615-724-1600)
Luxury High-Rise Hotel w/ Pool:
- Omni Nashville Hotel - What Other Couples Liked: Located Next to the Country Music Hall of Fame...Perfect Honeymoon Hotel...Rooms with Skyline View. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Nashville Hotels: 90% - Excellent. (250 Fifth Ave S, Nashville TN 615-782-5300)
For a Romantic Weekend in Nashville:
Even if the Grand
Old Opry is not your cup of tea, there are still plenty of romantic things to
do in the capital of Tennessee:
1. Cabana Restaurant offers private curtained booths with plug-in
“bring-your-own” music and TVs for watching DVDs. Order Southern Comfort food
and have your own private dinner and a movie evening.
2. See Nashville at night aboard the General Jackson
showboat. Live entertainment, meals and drinks add to the scenic river views.
3. Drive up to
Love Circle lookout at sunset for panoramic views of downtown. Or head to the downtown
Pedestrian Bridge for a great skyline photo for two.
Take a 20-minute drive out to Belle Meade Plantation and tour the mansion and
grounds of this former horse-breeding plantation.
Romantic Day Trips from Nashville:
1. 20 Miles South of Nashville, the little town of Franklin plays host to several festivals, and has a great music scene and cute historic main street. Take a downtown tour on foot, check out the antique shops or catch a live show. The Lotz House Museum and Carnton Plantation are both great to tour.
2. Murfreesboro is a community 35 miles northwest of Nashville. Check out Gateway Island, which is a lovely paved biking or walking trail along the Stones River.
More Romantic Vacations In & Near Tennessee:
Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg Romantic Hotels:
Romantic Riverside Inn:
- The Inn on the River - What Other Couples Said: Lovely Spot on the Banks of the River...Complimentary Sweet Tea and Popcorn...Heated Indoor and Outdoor Pools. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Nashville, TN Inns: 98% - Excellent. (2492 Parkway, Pigeon Forge TN 877-986-4243)
Affordable Whirlpool Suites:
- Courtyard Gatlinburg - What Other Couples Liked: Walk to Downtown Attractions"...Fire Pit Outside, Starbucks at the Bistro Inside. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Nashville Hotels: 94% - Excellent. (315 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg TN 865-436-2008)
Romantic Tennessee Glamping
- Under Canvas Great Smoky Mountains - check out some romantic & eco-friendly glamping just 10 miles from Gatlinburg, TN. Each of these luxury tents come with private bathroom, deluxe bedding, wood-burning stove and private deck. Camp amenities include on-site dining, fire pit, daily activities and more. 2020 ERV Rating*: 92% - Excellent. (1015 Laurel Lick Rd, Pigeon Forge TN 865-622-7695)
Romantic Cabins in Tennessee's Smoky Mountains
Smoky Mountains View from Log Cabin
Romantic Smoky Mountians TN Log Cabin
- Serenity Breeze Luxury Log Cabin - indulge in an ultra-romantic honeymoon or getaway in Tennessee's Smoky Mountains inside this gorgeous log cabin vacation rental with sweeping 180 degree mountain, sunrise and sunset views. Amenities include private deck with hot tub, fire place, porch swing, Wi-Fi and jetted tub in the master bedroom. Plus, you're only 5 minutes away from all the dining and attractions of Gatlinburg and Pigeon forge.
- Tennessee Honeymoon Cabins w/Hot Tub - What Other Couples Liked: Affordable and Easy to Get to...Heart-Shaped Whirlpool Tub Next to the Bed...Great Honeymoon in a Perfect Mountain Location. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Nashville Hotels: 92% of Couples Rate It Excellent/Very Good. (750 Honeymoon Hill Rd, Gatlinburg TN 800-930-9122)
Smoky Mountains TN Romantic Vacations
the Riverwalk in Gatlinburg, which follows the Little Pigeon River through town past interesting shops and
the Pigeon Forge Mill, one of the most photographed mills in the US.
the Ole Smoky Distillery in either Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge OR Sugarlands
Distilling Company in Gatlinburg. Sample free moonshine tastings from the
the perfect view from the Gatlinburg Scenic Overlook.
5. Take a
romantic horseback ride or hayride through the mountains. Plenty of stables
offer various options for all riding levels.
6. Treat yourselves to a couple’s massage at one
of the local spas.
Chattanooga TN Romantic Hotels & Inns
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga Downtown - What Other Couples Liked: Nice and Modern, Excellent Location...Great Hotel with a Wonderful Lobby Fireplace. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Nashville, TN Inns: 94% - Excellent. (400 Chestnut St, Chattanooga TN 423-693-0500)
Romantic Things to Do in Chattanooga:
the restored antique carousel at Coolidge Park, then take a romantic stroll across
the 1890’s Walnut street pedestrian
bridge. Have lunch at a riverside café.
2. Try a
riverboat cruise. The Southern Belle offers lunch, dinner or sunset cruises,
and the River Gorge Explorer takes you on a 2-hour catamaran tour with
commentary by a naturalist.
and Carriage Rides: Chattanooga Horse Trams offers 20-minute tours of city
sites on weekends. For a special romantic surprise, book a private one-hour
Mountain: You can see seven
states! Or descend by elevator 1120 feet below the surface of the
mountain to Ruby Falls, a spectacular underground waterfall.
Knoxville, Tennessee Romantic Hotels & Cottages
Room at Knoxville's Oliver Hotel
Romantic Cottage at Blackberry Farm
Downtown Boutique Hotel:
- The Oliver Hotel - What Other Couples Said: "Cozy Anniversary Stay in the Winter...Hidden Gem Right on Market Square...Southern Style and Character. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Hotels in Knoxville, Tennessee: 90% - Excellent. (407 Union Ave, Knoxville TN 865-521-0050)
Romantic Last-Minute Getaway near Knoxville TN:
- Blackberry Farm - What Other Couples Said: Spectacular Views...Excellent Wine Geek Event...Relaxation, Great Eating. 2019 ERV Rating* for Romantic Inns Near Knoxville: 86% - Very Good. (1471 W. Millers Cove Rd, Walland TN 865-984-8166)
For a Romantic Weekend in Knoxville:
1. Take a scenic
train ride on the Three Rivers Rambler
2. Explore old Gay Street's buildings on the
National Register of Historic Places.
3. Take a morning, afternoon or evening Knoxville Food Tour and learn about local food and history.
4. Book a Star
of Knoxville Riverboat cruise with lunch or dinner in an authentic
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
√ COVID Safety Plan: identifies hotels and inns that clearly indicate they are taking measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.