Romantic Getaways in Sarasota Florida - hotels, dining, sunsets & more
FTC: This ERV page uses affiliate links. More.
Romantic Vacations Home
Saint Armands Circle, Sarasota FL
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Dec 7, 2019
Romantic Sarasota Florida is blessed with tropical gardens, an eclectic feel, and some of the best white sand beaches in Florida. It’s a great spot for a romantic weekend or Florida vacation.
Let’s tell you some more about attractions and romantic spots in Sarasota, Florida as well as some of the romantic islands around this part of Florida’s Gulf Coast, including Longboat, Lido and Siesta Key.
Best Time to Visit Sarasota, Florida: You can expect warm weather and less humidity if you travel to Sarasota from November to April.
Sarasota's Most Romantic Hotels
Romantic Carlisle Inn, Located in Sarasota's Amish Neighborhood
- Carlisle Inn Sarasota - located in the heart of Sarasota's Amish Community. Suites feature handcrafted furnishings, and some are outfitted with spacious in-room hot tubs. Free hot breakfast, outdoor pool and nearby Der Dutchman restaurant all make this an ideal spot for an inexpensive romantic Sarasota weekend getaway. 2020 ERV Rating* for Romantic Sarasota Hotels: 96% - Excellent. (3727 Bahia Vista St, Sarasota FL 844-369-2275)
- Westin Sarasota - in Sarasota's downtown shopping and arts district. Modern rooms are clean and bright, and the rooftop pool and lounge is one of the most romantic spots to enjoy Sarasota's famous sunsets. 2020 ERV Rating* for Romantic Sarasota Hotels: 80% - Very Good. (100 Marina View Dr, Sarasota FL 941-217-4777)
Bedroom - Embassy Suites Sarasota
- Embassy Suites Sarasota - this brand new Embassy Suites boasts spotless rooms, and an 8th-floor pool and lounge area with great evening views. There's also a full hot cooked-to-order breakfast each morning, and a free manager's wine and snacks reception nightly. 2020 ERV Rating* for Romantic Sarasota Hotels: 96% - Excellent. (202 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota FL 941-256-0190)
Gorgeous Tropical Pool at the Siesta Key Palms
- Siesta Key Palms Hotel - if you'd like your romantic getaway in Sarasota to include tropical pools, hammocks, bbqs, and bright updated rooms with full kitchens, make your way to the Siesta Key Palms. 2020 ERV Rating* for Romantic Sarasota Hotels: 94% - Excellent. (1800 Stickney Point Rd, Sarasota, FL 800-901-2309)
Boutique Room at Sarasota's Hotel Aloft
- Aloft Sarasota - amenities you'll love at this new hotel in downtown Sarasota include rainforest showers for two, new flat screen TV's, rooftop pool and fitness center. 2020 ERV Rating* for Sarasota Boutique Hotels: 80% - Very Good. (1401 Ringling Blvd, Sarasota, FL 941-870-0900)
- Hotel Ranola - in a city as laid back and cool as Sarasota, a small boutique inn like the Ranola fits your romantic holiday nicely. Hardwood floors, modern furnishings, full kitchens, plasma TV's and a sunny rooftop lounge await. 2020 ERV Rating* for Romantic Sarasota Hotels: 94% - Excellent. (118 Indian Place, Sarasota, FL 866-951-0111)
- Lido Beach Resort - one of the most romantic resorts on Sarasota. Beachfront location on Lido Key, within walking distance to St. Armand's Circle shopping and restaurants. Amenities include Whirlpool tub suites, beachfront pools, and a relaxing Tiki bar. 2020 ERV Rating* for Romantic Sarasota Resorts: 72% - Good. (700 Ben Franklin Dr, Sarasota, FL 800-441-2113)
Save up to 30% on Romantic Getaways in Sarasota Florida
Romantic Things to Do in Sarasota, FL
Sarasota Farmers Market, Downtown Sarasota FL
- Sarasota Farmers Market - rain or shine every Saturday from 7AM to 1PM, come downtown and enjoy this excellent collection of street vendors, food samples, buskers, organic food vendors, fresh fruits and vegetables, and just about anything else you could want. (1 North Lemon Ave, Sarasota FL)
- St. Armand's Circle – We really enjoyed our stop here in this quaint round-about of shops, restaurants and cafes. You'll notice few chain stores, and a lot of local shops - a refreshing change from other cities in Florida. You'll love the window shopping, stepping into a book store, or just sipping a cappuccino on a sidewalk table.
- Art & Antiques - Spend a relaxing afternoon with the galleries of Palm Avenue, or hop over to the antique shops in downtown Venice, Florida.
- Sarasota Dinner Cruises – Lebarge Tropical Cruises offer a variety of departures, including sightseeing and dolphin-watching cruises, as well as romantic sunset cruises.
- Best Beaches in Sarasota, FL – Siesta Key Beach has some of Florida’s whitest sand! A find choice for relaxing by the calm Gulf waters. Other options for a romantic beach getaway in Sarasota include Lido Key (South Lido Beach Park which has some of the best swimming on Florida's Gulf Coast) and Longboat Key with it's beautiful soft white sand.
Romantic Dining in sarasota
A few Sarasota restaurant suggestions, including some from ERV Reader (and part-time Sarasotan) Fred Kreishman:
Waterview from the Chart House Restaurant, Longboat Key, Sarasota FL
- Best Romantic Water View Restaurant in Sarasota - if you don't mind driving out to Longboat Key, the Chart House is a fine dining seafood place, open for lunch and dinner. You can watch dolphins jump and seabirds dive plus assorted water activities right out your window. (210 Gulf of Mexico Dr, Longboat Key FL 941-383-5593)
- Euphemia Haye - some of the finest romantic dining in Sarasota is here in this romantic cottage on Longboat Key. Famous for it's crispy roast duck, and if you love dessert, they make a great Florida Key Lime pie. (5540 Gulf Of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key, FL 941-383-3633)
- Ophelia's on the Bay - this romantic Siesta Key waterfront restaurant serves up delicious crab cakes and memorable views of the bay. (9105 Midnight Pass Road, Sarasota, FL 941-349-2212)
- Roessler's Restaurant - Dinner only. Been voted Most Romantic Restaurant in Sarasota. On the South end of town. (2033 Vamo way, Sarasota FL 941-966-5688)
- The restaurants inside the Ritz Carlton Hotel (Ridley's) and the Westin (Evoq) are good for lunch or dinner and are quieter than many places.
More Romantic Florida Getaways on ERV:
Getting to Sarasota, FL:
- Distance from Miami to Sarasota, Florida: 180 miles (290 km)
- Distance from Orlando to Sarasota, FL: 110 miles (175 km)
- Distance from Tampa/St.Petersburg to Sarasota: 45 miles (70 km)
The 3-letter code for Sarasota-Bradenton Airport is SRQ. Airlines that fly into Sarasota include United, American, Delta and JetBlue.
Currently, there are non-stop flights to Sarasota from Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago-Midway, Charlotte, NC, New York (JFK) and Washington DC. Air Canada has Toronto-Sarasota flights during the winter months.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific rating formula for romantic hotels which includes:
- Romantic Amenities: suites with an in-room Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families with kids, business travelers, etc)
with Couples & Honeymooners: based on variety of social media & crowd-sourced reviews.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages