Romantic Getaways in Sarasota Florida - White Sand, Sunsets, Shopping & more
FTC Disclosure: If you make a purchase through a link on this page, we receive a small commission at no cost to you. We only recommend hotels we have used ourselves or researched thoroughly.
Romantic Vacations Home
Sarasota is Famous for Sunshine and Romantic Sunsets on the Gulf Coast
By Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: May 13, 2017
Romantic Sarasota Florida is blessed with tropical gardens, an eclectic feel, and some of the best white sand beaches in Florida. It’s a great spot for a romantic weekend or Florida vacation.
Let’s tell you some more about attractions and romantic spots in Sarasota, Florida as well as some of the romantic islands around this part of Florida’s Gulf Coast, including Longboat, Lido and Siesta Key.
Best Time to Visit Sarasota, Florida: You can expect warm weather and less humidity if you travel to Sarasota from January to April.
Other options for a romantic beach getaway in Sarasota include Lido Key (South Lido Beach Park which has some of the best swimming on Florida's Gulf Coast) and Longboat Key with it's beautiful soft white sand.
Sarasota's Most Romantic Hotels
Gorgeous Tropical Pool at the Siesta Key Palms
Boutique Room at Sarasota's Hotel Aloft
- Siesta Key Palms Hotel - if you'd like your romantic getaway in Sarasota to include tropical pools, hammocks, bbqs, and bright updated rooms with full kitchens, make your way to the Siesta Key Palms. 2017 Rating* for Romantic Sarasota Hotels: 92% - Excellent. (1800 Stickney Point Rd, Sarasota, FL 800-901-2309)
- Aloft Sarasota - amenities you'll love at this new hotel in downtown Sarasota include rainforest showers for two, new flat screen TV's, rooftop pool and fitness center. 2017 Rating* for Sarasota Boutique Hotels: 81% - Excellent. (1401 Ringling Blvd, Sarasota, FL 941-870-0900)
- Hotel Ranola - in a city as laid back and cool as Sarasota, a small boutique inn like the Ranola fits your romantic holiday nicely. Hardwood floors, modern furnishings, full kitchens, plasma TV's and a sunny rooftop lounge await. 2017 Rating* for Romantic Sarasota Hotels: 94% - Excellent. (118 Indian Place, Sarasota, FL 866-951-0111)
- Lido Beach Resort - one of the most romantic resorts on Sarasota. Beachfront location on Lido Key, within walking distance to St. Armand's Circle shopping and restaurants. Amenities include Whirlpool tub suites, beachfront pools, and a relaxing Tiki bar. 2017 Rating* for Romantic Sarasota Resorts: 73% - Good. (700 Ben Franklin Dr, Sarasota, FL 800-441-2113)
Save up to 30% on Romantic Getaways in Sarasota Florida
Romantic Things to Do in Sarasota, FL
- St. Armand's Circle – We really enjoyed our stop here in this quaint round-about of shops, restaurants and cafes. You'll notice few chain stores, and a lot of local shops - a refreshing change from other cities in Florida. You'll love the window shopping, stepping into a book store, or just sipping a cappuccino on a sidewalk table.
- Art & Antiques - Spend a relaxing afternoon with the galleries of Palm Avenue, or hop over to the antique shops in downtown Venice, Florida.
- Sarasota Dinner Cruises – Lebarge Tropical Cruises offer a variety of departures, including sightseeing and dolphin-watching cruises, as well as romantic sunset cruises.
- Best Beaches in Sarasota, FL – Siesta Key Beach has some of Florida’s whitest sand! A find choice for relaxing by the calm Gulf waters.
Euphemia Haye - some of the finest romantic dining in Sarasota is here in this romantic cottage on Longboat Key. Famous for it's crispy roast duck, and if you love dessert, they make a great Florida Key Lime pie. (5540 Gulf Of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key, FL 941-383-3633)
Ophelia's on the Bay - this romantic Siesta Key waterfront restaurant serves up delicious crab cakes and memorable views of the bay. (9105 Midnight Pass Road, Sarasota, FL 941-349-2212)
More Romantic Florida Getaways on ERV:
Getting to Sarasota, FL:
- Distance from Miami to Sarasota, Florida: 180 miles (290 km)
- Distance from Orlando to Sarasota, FL: 110 miles (175 km)
- Distance from Tampa/St.Petersburg to Sarasota: 45 miles (70 km)
The 3-letter code for Sarasota-Bradenton Airport is SRQ. Airlines that fly into Sarasota include United, American, Delta and JetBlue.
Currently, there are non-stop flights to Sarasota from Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago-Midway, Charlotte, NC, New York (JFK) and Washington DC. Air Canada has Toronto-Sarasota flights during the winter months.
*ERV Rating for Couples: our unique, non-scientific rating formula for romantic hotels which includes:
- Romantic Amenities: such as an in-suite JACUZZI® tub or Whirlpool bath, scenic view, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families with kids, business travelers, etc)
with Couples & Honeymooners: based on variety of social media & crowd-sourced reviews.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages