Romantic Orlando Vacation for Couples
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
Romantic Vacations Home
Sunny Day on an Orlando Vacation: Walking Around Romantic Lake Eola
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Dec 29, 2019
When most people think of an Orlando vacation, theme parks, strip malls and lots of kids may come to mind. But if you're interested in some quieter romantic weekends in Orlando, FL that don't involve souvenir hunting, have a look at these attractions we think you'll love both inside the Magic Kingdom and beyond.
Disclaimer: JACUZZI® is a registered
trademark owned by Jacuzzi Inc. The use of the JACUZZI® trademark on this
website is for informational purposes only. There is no relationship,
connection or affiliation between this website and Jacuzzi Inc. or its related
companies. As hotel rooms and amenities can change, please check with
each individual accommodation property before making travel plans. Please Note: rooms and tubs described may not be exactly as shown.
Romantic Orlando Vacation Resorts
Marriott Cypress Harbour Villas
- Marriott Cypress Harbour Villas - couples keep voting this Marriott one of Orlando's best resorts, and you'll find their Whirlpool Suites spacious and loaded with amenities. 2020 ERV Rating* for Orlando Whirlpool Suites: 96% - Excellent. (11251 Harbour Villa Rd, Orlando FL 407-238-1300)
Floridays Resort Orlando
- Floridays Resort Orlando - great spot for a romantic Orlando holiday. 2 pools, cafe and pool bar, plus comfortable suites with balconies and JACUZZI® Tubs. 2020 ERV Rating* for Orlando FL Resorts with JACUZZI® Tubs: 93% - Excellent. (12562 International Dr, Orlando FL 877-821-3018)
- Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village - finding a romantic place to stay in a good location in Orlando doesn't have to mean an expensive and small hotel room in a theme park. This romantic Hilton resort just off International Drive offers large, comfortable suites that include a small kitchen, dining area, large King bed and an in-room jetted tub big enough for two. What Other Couples Liked: Only Minutes from Most Theme Parks...Comfortable Beds, Kitchenette, Spa Tubs. 2020 ERV Rating* for Romantic Orlando Resorts: 86% - Very Good. (8122 Arrezzo Way, Orlando, FL 407-465-2600)
- Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando - What Other Couples Liked: Good Location...Romantic Dining at Boheme Restaurant. 2020 ERV Rating* for Romantic Orlando Resorts: 85% - Very Good. (325 S. Orange Ave, Orlando FL 407-313-9000)
Budget Friendly & Top Rated:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando East - What Other Couples Liked: Comfortable King Suite...Excellent Breakfast, Cinnamon Rolls. 2020 ERV Rating* for Romantic Orlando Hotels: 98% - Excellent. (12250 E. Colonial Dr, Orlando FL 407-203-8585)
Romantic Spots in Orlando
Lake Eola Park: Enjoy a picnic lunch, feed the swans or rent a paddle boat in this beautiful park, one of the most romantic locations in the Orlando, FL downtown area.
Ice Bar Orlando: looking for a cool way to get out of the Central Florida summer time heat and humidity? Try sipping a vodka while bundled up in a parka in this 22 degree mostly-made-of-ice lounge. (8967 International Dr, Orlando, FL)
Orlando Dinner Shows: Pirate's Dinner Adventure, Capone's Dinner & Show and the Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament are 3 of the more popular dining and entertainment packages available in the Orlando/Kissimmee area. More are available inside Walt Disney World (WDW), just check listings when you arrive.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides Over Orlando - Central Florida can be a wonderfully romantic place when you get a bit of space away from others. If you really want to get away from the crowds, why not get above them - in a hot air balloon! You can book a ride for two for under $300, with stunning views of the Magic Kingdom and Orange groves unfolding below.
Romantic Getaways near Orlando - Winter Park, FL
After a few days around the hustle and bustle of WDW, Universal and International Drive in Orlando, you may be ready for an escape! Try a half or full day excursion to nearby Winter Park, an attractive small community just 15 minutes drive northeast from Orlando.
Romantic Things to Do in Winter Park, FL:
- Wine Tasting at the Wine Room on Park Ave - downtown Winter Park wine lounge houses a unique pay-as-you-go system with wine dispensers activated by a refillable debit card. You can sample from a selection of 150+ wines in a relaxed setting with no one standing in front of you expecting to buy the bottle! (270 South Park Ave, Winter Park, FL)
- Visit Kraft Azalea Gardens - “Orlandoans” know this spot on Alabama Drive in Winter Park as one of the most romantic places in Winter Park. A scenic residential park with nice walking trails, and one of the best places in the Orlando area to watch the sunset. (1365 Alabama Dr, Winter Park, FL)
- Dine at a Romantic Winter Park Restaurant - we had a tasty Turkish lunch at Bosphorous (108 South Park Ave, Winter Park FL) For more traditional American fare, try Park Plaza Gardens (319 South Park Ave, Winter Park FL). After a meal, it's a short distance to Kilwins Winter Park (122 North Park Ave) for a delicious ice cream desert.
Disney World for Two: 5 Romantic Tips
1. Rent a Surrey Bike: Although they're available for hire along the Boardwalk Promenade, we suggest renting them at Port Orleans Riverside. It's less crowded over there, and the paths and trails around the resort are relaxing and scenic. Prepare to spend about $20 for a 30-minute rental of a Surrey bicycle for two.
2. Go on a Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride: Take a romantic rise through the back country of the Magic kingdom! Available through Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Port Orleans Resort. Call 407-WDW-PLAY.
3. Don't Miss the Fireworks: Each night, fireworks light up the sky above the Magic kingdom and at EPCOT. Times can vary slightly (usually around 9 & 10 PM) and the shows are about 15 minutes in length. They're colorful, and a romantic end to the day.
A couple of the most romantic places to watch the fireworks would include:
- California Grill - a window side table here while they dim the lights so you can enjoy a panoramic view of the show (a seat at the bar would do if the restaurant is full)
- The Champagne and Fireworks cruises available from several resorts.
4. Explore Romantic Spots at WDW Resort Hotels: wandering through the grounds at the Disney Polynesian Resort can be very romantic. Tiki torches light the pathways (check and see if there’s a torch lighting ceremony on the night you’re there), and for after dinner fun, head to the beach area and enjoy the sunset while swinging together in a hammock between the palms. Or, stroll over to the Disney Grand Floridian for a look at their Wedding Pavilion.
5. Splurge on a Romantic Dinner: don't settle for anything less than the most romantic dining spot in WDW: Victoria & Albert's (see below).
More Romantic Vacation & Honeymoon Ideas in Florida on ERV:
Romantic Dining in Orlando, FL
Bice Orlando, a Romantic Dining Spot at Universal Orlando
- Bice: A very fine Italian restaurant in a super-romantic Italian-village setting next to the water & boat dock at the Lowe's Portofino Bay Resort. (5601 Universal Blvd, Orlando FL 407-503-1415)
- The Melting Pot: Rated one of the most romantic restaurants in Orlando. Booth seating, candle-lit tables, delicious fondues and an extensive wine list. (7549 W. Sand Lake Rd, Orlando, FL 407-903-1100)
- Victoria and Albert's: Not cheap, but a dining experience truly worth it. Excellent cuisine, attention to detail (individually tailored menus, soft harp music) flawless service and an elegant atmosphere. Romantic and memorable! Located at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. (4401 Grand Floridian Way, Lake Buena Vista, FL 407-939-3463)
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based on social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages