Romantic Getaways in Naples Florida - Great Gulf Coast Holidays for 2
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
The Soft, White Sand Beaches in Naples are Some of the Best Along Florida's Gulf Coast
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Feb 13, 2023
If the thought of warm sunshine, great shopping, romantic dining and the best Florida beaches excites you, come to Naples, FL.
This laid-back community is situated on a gorgeous spot on the Gulf of Mexico. Naples beach has even been called "America's best all-around beach".
You’ll love the relaxed attitude and feel of Naples. And we think the white-sand oceanfront here is also home to some of the best sunsets in Florida.
Best Time to Visit : We enjoyed sunshine and very warm weather (80 F) on our recent visit to Naples in January. Late fall (November) till mid April is an ideal time for romantic getaways in Naples Florida.
Here’s some ideas for a romantic weekend on the Southwest Florida Gulf Coast…
Naples, FL Romantic Hotels
la playA beach resort: luxury oceanfront
Beachfront at La Playa Resort, Naples FL
- La Playa Beach Resort - A pure oceanfront resort in Naples FL is not cheap. So if you are going to splurge on luxury, make sure you get the best one. The La Playa is considered by many the most romantic beachfront resort in Naples, FL. We're talking poolside cascading falls, beach butler service, and rooms with marble baths and rain shower heads. What Other Guests Liked: Breathtaking Views of the Sunset...Drinks by the Pool at the Tiki Bar...Large Beachfront Rooms with Huge Balcony. 2023 ERV Rating* for Romantic Naples FL Hotels: 88% - Very Good. (9891 Gulf Shore Dr, Naples FL 239-597-3123)
the inn on fifth: Downtown boutique hotel
- The Inn On Fifth, Naples, FL - For your vacation or honeymoon on the Gulf Coast, this romantic boutique hotel in downtown Naples comes with luxury bedding, suites with whirlpool tubs, pool, and private balconies with love seats. They also rent bikes, and there's romantic dining on-site or just steps away on 5th Ave. And, you might like this: free Wi-Fi and Valet parking! What Other Guests Liked: Walk to Shops & Dining...Drinks by the Pool. 2023 ERV Rating* for Romantic Naples FL Hotels: 92% - Excellent. (699 5th Ave South, Naples FL 888-403-8778)
bellasera hotel - Small Quiet inn
- Bellasera Hotel - A luxurious 4-diamond inn only a few minutes from downtown shopping and dining in Naples. The studio units include a fridge, while the one bedroom suites all have full kitchens. Try a his n' hers massage at the Esterra Spa, laze away the afternoon at the pool, or hop on their courtesy shuttle and explore more of downtown Naples. What Other Guests Liked: Free Bike Rentals...Friendly Staff. 2023 ERV Rating* for Romantic Naples FL Resorts: 86% - Very Good. (221 Ninth St South, Naples, FL 888-612-1115)
Romantic Things to Do in Naples, FL
The Historic Naples FL Pier is a Fine Place for Ocean Breeze and Sunsets
- Naples FL Beaches - for couples enjoying romantic vacations on the Gulf Coast in Florida, the soft white sand beaches in Naples are a must-see. Do what we did – pack a picnic lunch from one of the many nearby supermarkets, grab a blanket and head out to what is certainly one of the best city beaches in the USA! And don't miss a stroll on the Naple's famous Pier. There are beautiful shops and restaurants nearby, and parking is inexpensive. (25 12th Ave South, Naples FL)
- Naples Zoo – a great small zoo easy to walk through and enjoy some of the exotic animals, including panthers, rare tigers and of course, alligators! (1590 Goodlette-Frank Rd, Naples, FL)
- Downtown Naples – One of the most romantic spots on Florida’s Gulf Coast! Old Naples architecture comes alive with all the galleries, boutiques, and terrific dining along 5th Avenue South and 3rd St South.
- Naples Trolley Tours – hop on & hop off where you want on this fun trolley tour of Naples. (1010 6 Ave S, Naples, FL 239-262-7300)
- Naples Dinner Cruises – Naples Princess Cruises have luxury yachts for buffet lunch, sunset and dinner cruises on the Gulf of Mexico. (239-649-2275)
- Day Trip to Marco Island - a romantic getaway at Marco Island is an easy 25 minute drive from Naples. Check out the great beaches (perfect for shelling) as well as wildlife viewing and golf. And once your there, you can keep going...on a day
trip to Key West on the Key West Express! Ferries travel between December and April (must be at the dock no later than 8 AM) for the 3.5 hr trip from Marco Island to Key West, FL. Boats are air conditioned with full bar and galley. (951 Bald Eagle Dr, Marco Island, FL 888-539-2628)
more romantic travel ideas in Florida:
naples FL Romantic Restaurants
There’s a lot of memorable romantic dining in Naples – here’s just a few reviews:
Bistro 821 – pick this casual 5th avenue eatery for it’s outstanding wine list and fusion menu covering 3 continents (821 5th Avenue South, Naples FL 239-261-5821).
MiraMare – a fine Italian restaurant in Naples, this time with a romantic oceanfront terrace overlooking Venetian Bay (4236 Gulf Shore Boulevard North, Naples FL 239-430-6273).
Baleen - Beachfront dining at LaPlaya Beach Resort! An outdoor tiered terrace allows spectacular sunset views. Plan in advance for a private table on the beach where you can enjoy a gourmet meal with your toes in the sand. (9891 Gulf Shore Drive, Naples, FL 239-598-5707)
Here's some distances in miles to Naples, Florida:
- distance from Miami to Naples, FL: 106 miles
- distance from Ft Lauderdale to Naples, Florida: 104 miles
- distance from Ft.Myers to Naples: 33 miles
- distance from Tampa to Naples FL: 155 miles
Direct Flights to Naples, Florida: for cheap flights to Naples, Florida, most travelers fly into Southwest Florida International Airport (Code: RSW), a distance of just 35 miles from Naples (near Ft. Myers, Fl). Airlines that fly into Ft. Myers include American, United, Delta, JetBlue, Frontier, Spirit and Southwest.
From Canada, Air Canada and WestJet have service.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based on social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
√ COVID Safety Plan: identifies hotels and inns that clearly indicate they are taking measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
top hotels, getaways & packages on ERV