Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fort Lauderdale romantic Getaways - Hotels, Inns & more
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Jun 20, 2023
Fantastic Fort Lauderdale has moved on from the spring-break days of old, and is now an excellent year-round romantic vacation or weekend getaway destination for couples in South Florida. It’s all here: great beaches, sunny warm weather, shopping and dining, and easy access to other romantic spots in South Florida.
Beachtime in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Best Time for a Fort Lauderdale Getaway or Honeymoon - although it's not the cheapest time of year, November to the end of April generally brings the best weather to Fort Lauderdale, with mostly dry and warm days, and very comfortable evenings. During the South Florida summer, the months of May to September are warmer and wetter, with higher humidity.
Romantic Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
villa venezia - Budget Ft Lauderdale getaway
Romantic Room at the Villa Venezia
Villa Venezia Pool Area
- Villa Venezia - Rarely do you find small romantic inns that are also super affordable for almost any budget! Themed rooms are nicely done in European and Floridian designs, with perks like A/C, free Wi-Fi and parking. There's an attractive pool with loungers, and the Villa is located just over 1 mile from Fort Lauderdale Beach, with free easy-to-grab shuttles that go up and down nearby Los Olas Ave. What Other Guests Liked: Canal location on a quiet street...Well maintained pool and garden area...Kitchen units well stocked. 2023 ERV Rating*: 96% - Excellent. Rates from $107/night. (132 Isle of Venice, Fort Lauderdale FL 954-832-0981)
The pillars Hotel - luxury getaway
Pool and Palms at the Pillars Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
- The Pillars Hotel Fort Lauderdale - For couples interested in a luxury romantic Fort Lauderdale hotel, the Pillars gets great reviews for excellent Art Deco-style accommodation, friendly staff, and superb location just a short walk from the beach. What Other Guests Liked: Relaxing breakfasts overlooking the intracoastal waterway....Tranquil pool area. 2023 ERV Rating* for Romantic Fort Lauderdale Hotels: 94% - Excellent. Rates from $315/night. (111 North Birch Rd, Fort Lauderdale FL 954-467-9639)
Room with a King Bed at the Pillars Hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
hilton fort lauderdale beach resort
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Hilton Oceanview Suite in Fort Lauderdale
- Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort - We love Hilton Resorts, and this oceanfront all-suite property is no exception. Huge choice of accommodation here, with many units offering niceties like kitchenettes and in-room jetted tubs. Downstairs you'll find their spa and fitness center, plus a beautiful pool and deck area with panoramic views of the ocean. What Other Guests Liked: Fort Lauderdale beach right across the street...Wrap around balconies...Great food and staff at the onsite Ilios Restaurant. Worth Knowing: Resort fee of $45/night added to all room charges. 2023 ERV Rating*: 86% - Very Good. Rates from $216/night. (505 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale FL 954-414-2222).
sheraton plantation suites
Sheraton Plantation Suites
Pool at the Sheraton Plantation Suites
- Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation - You'll be hard-pressed to meet friendlier check-inn staff than this Sheraton near Fort Lauderdale. The room was spotless, we loved the lobby and bar area downstairs, and parking is free and just steps from the hotel. An extra romantic touch: the Rooftop pool has panoramic views of the area. What We Liked: Excellent Customer Service...A Great All-Suites Hotel...Beautiful Atrium. 2023 ERV Rating* for Romantic Plantation FL Hotels: 80% - Very Good. (311 North University Dr, Plantation, FL 954-424-3300)
courtyard fort lauderdale beach
View Suite - Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach
Beach Across from Courtyard Fort Lauderdale
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach - On the beach in Fort Lauderdale, and popular with couples on budget-friendly anniversary and honeymoon vacations in South Florida. This Courtyard has an outdoor pool & bar, sun deck, ocean view rooms & suites, and romantic on-site dining. 2023 ERV Rating* for Romantic Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotels: 74% - Good. (440 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale FL 954-524-8733)
Fort Lauderdale Weekend Getaway & Honeymoon Packages
Hotels, Condos and Resorts along the Beach in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Pelican Grand Beach Resort Romance Package - special offer on romantic weekend or honeymoon in Fort Lauderdale. With champagne and strawberries, a gourmet dinner, evening turn-down and breakfast the next morning, it'll almost feel like you're in an all-inclusive beach resort...in Fort Lauderdale!
Romantic Things to Do in Fort Lauderdale
Las Olas Blvd in Downtown Fort Lauderdale
- Las Olas Boulevard – Go for a stroll down this trendy avenue of shops, galleries and restaurants. We love Pan'e Dolci Italian Bakery for their Cappuccino and almond cookies...
- Water Taxi - Great for exploring Fort Lauderdale's canals and waterways, sightseeing (see the cruise ships!), or hopping off to shop or dine at one of the 14 stops. www.watertaxi.com
- Fort Lauderdale Beach – we always enjoy visiting Fort Lauderdale beach whenever we are in South Florida. After fun in the sun & sand, go for a walk on the promenade where there’s numerous lunchtime eateries and beachfront bars great for enjoying a drink and even some live music.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based on social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
top hotels, getaways & packages on ERV