Arizona Romantic Getaways - Hotels & Packages for a Great Weekend for 2
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
Romantic Vacations Home
Hangin' Out Downtown in Old Scottsdale, AZ
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Nov 5, 2019
Wild West flavor, the rugged outdoors, romantic places to stay, and sunny skies all combine to make Arizona a terrific destination for romantic vacations and honeymoons in the Southwest USA.
And the night skies in Southern Arizona are some of the clearest in all of continental USA – perfect for romantic star gazing!
Best Time for Romantic Travel to Arizona - Arizona can get oppressively hot from June to August, but if you don't mind staying in the shade close to the pool, there's some great deals to be had at hotels and resorts during these summer months.
Autumn and Spring are excellent times to go. Northern Arizona & the Grand Canyon can be inaccessible during winter months (snow & ice) so plan accordingly.
Romantic Vacations in Phoenix & Scottsdale
The Valley of the Sun is not only a haven for Northern snowbirds escaping harsh winters, but it's a great destination for lovebirds on honeymoons and Arizona romantic getaways of all kinds. Here's a few ideas to help you have a romantic and memorable stay in this part of Southern AZ...
Phoenix Area Romantic Resorts & Hotels
Poolside at the Romantic Scott Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, AZ
Romantic Things to Do in Phoenix & Scottsdale
- Visit Old Town Scottsdale - arts and crafts, souvenirs, restaurants and saloons are just a few of the attractions you'll find in this re-created piece of the Wild West. (4101 N. Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale AZ)
- Book a Gondola Ride for 2 - at the Hyatt Regency Resort at Gainey Ranch, you can cruise around the resort's waterways while being serenaded by the gondolier on an authentic Italian boat. Available in the evenings year-round. (7500 E. Doubletree Ranch Road, Scottsdale AZ 480-444-1234)
- Sample Some Wine at Su Vino Winery - a date night favorite in the Valley, with a good variety of wines to taste along with desert platters and pairings. (7035 East Main St, Scottsdale AZ 480-994-8466)
- Enjoy a View with your Romantic Dinner - how about a nice dinner with drinks and scenic views of the Valley? A couple possibilities are the Alchemy Restaurant at CopperWynd Resort and Club (13225 N Eagle Ridge Dr, Fountain Hills AZ 480-333-1880) and the Different Pointe of View at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs (11111 North 7th St, Phoenix AZ 602-866-6350).
Arizona Romantic Getaways in Sedona
Brilliant Colors of Red Rock State Park Near Sedona, AZ
No mention of Arizona romantic getaways would be complete without Sedona. If you're sick of crowds, crave some solace, and don't mind spending a bit more to get it, this romantic destination in North-Central Arizona is for you. It's also become known as a real spa destination, and Red Rock State Park (just a 10 minute drive from town) with it's unforgettable sunsets gets our vote as one of the best places to propose in Arizona.
Romantic Things to Do in Sedona, AZ – Day in the West Tours (800-973-3662) feature cowboy tours, chuck wagon dinners, jeep rides and more that active couples will love. There’s trolley and stagecoach tours in downtown Sedona, plus shopping galore. For a thirst-quenching break, sample a local beer (and the great views of Sedona) at the Oak Creek Brewery (336 Rte 179, Sedona AZ). Later in the evening, you'll love romantic dining creek side at L'Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek with it's French-American specialties and Sunday Champagne brunch. (301 L'Auberge La, Sedona AZ 928-282-1661)
Romantic Places to Stay in Sedona
- The Inn Above Oak Creek – romantic Creek side rooms at this quiet and relaxing Sedona Inn are honeymoon and anniversary-ready with gas fireplaces, Whirlpool tubs and private balconies. 2017 ERV Rating* for Romantic Sedona AZ Hotels: 99% - Excellent. (556 Hwy 179, Sedona AZ 928-282-7896)
- Romantic Sedona AZ Cabins - for an affordable B&B getaway in Arizona, these cabins and luxury rentals come already to enjoy with a variety of amenities, including Whirlpool spa tubs, hammocks, private decks and wood-burning fireplaces.
Tucson, AZ Romantic Getaways
Couple Exploring the Streets of Old Tucson, AZ.
Tucson is one of the most interesting Southern Arizona romantic getaways. You can feel the "Old Southwest" a lot closer to the surface here than other destinations in Arizona, and just a few miles out of town are horseback riding, wilderness hikes and one of the best re-created Wild West towns in the West.
Romantic Things to Do in Tucson AZ: You can go star gazing at Kitt Peak National Observatory (call 520-318-8726 for reservations), explore the wild west at Old Tucson (201 S. Kinney Rd), or ride the Old Pueblo Trolley past the shops of historic 4th Avenue. At the romantic Café Poca Cosa restaurant in Tucson you can enjoy award-winning Southern Mexican cuisine and atmosphere. (110 E. Pennington, 520-622-6400)
Romantic Tucson Hotels
Embassy Suites Tucson Paloma Village
Pool at the Embassy Suites Tucson
- Embassy Suites Tucson Paloma Village - we've stayed at several Embassy Suites before, but this newer low-rise "mini-resort" in Tucson's Northern hills is certainly tops. Our spacious corner suite came with separate living area and a nice large balcony, and both the cooked to order hot breakfast and evening reception with free drinks and snacks can make your romantic escape in Tucson a memorable and inexpensive one! What Other Couples Liked: Beautiful Setting...Hotel & Pool Clean, Quiet & Relaxing...Resort Vibe at a Reasonable Price. 2017 ERV Rating* for Romantic Tucson Hotels: 94% - Excellent. (3110 East Skyline Dr, Tucson AZ 520-352-4000)
Romantic Resort, Cabin & Ranch Stays in Arizona
Romantic Arizona Spa Resort:
- Enchantment Resort And Spa, Sedona, AZ – this romantic Sedona resort hotel with spa is tucked away in Red Rock country and offers luxury Southwest-style accommodations, on-site fitness, tennis, hiking and all-inclusive packages. 525 Boynton Canyon Road, Sedona, AZ 86336 (800) 826-4180
Romantic Places to Stay - Grand Canyon, AZ:
- Grand Canyon Cabin Rentals – many of these romantic cabin rentals in North Central Arizona close to the Grand Canyon National Park offer relaxing luxury amenities like fireplace, Wi-Fi, private decks, hot tub and much more. Rates are affordable, and you can enjoy the seclusion while being close to hiking & biking trails, and scenic views.
- Grand Canyon Ranch – this romantic ranch stay near Northern Arizona’s Grand Canyon is a great alternative to hotel accommodation, and they can arrange romantic Arizona tour packages and day trips perfect for your Grand Canyon honeymoon. 3750 E. Diamond Bar Ranch Rd, Meadview, AZ (800) 359-8727
- Greer Lodge Arizona Romantic Resort & Cabins - honeymoon cabins at this romantic Arizona resort are equipped with whirlpool tubs, king beds, fireplace and free movies. Located in Eastern AZ. 44 Main St, Greer, AZ (928) 735-7216
Lake Havasu City, AZ Getaways
Checking Out London Bridge in Lake Havasu City, AZ
Suite at the Hampton Inn, Lake Havasu City AZ
- Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City - What Other Couples Liked: Balcony Overlooking Lake Havasu...Nice Pool, Friendly Staff...Good Breakfast, Close to London Bridge. 2017 ERV Rating* for Romantic Tucson Hotels: 75% - Good. (245 London Bridge Rd, Lake Havasu City AZ 928-855-4071)
Lake Havasu City is a worthwhile stop while vacationing in Southern Arizona. The lake here is home to all kinds of outdoor activities on and beside the water, and the city has some good dining spots as well. Make sure to include some time around the waterfront area underneath London Bridge, with it's shops and attractions. Good to Remember: Spring Break brings many people to Lake Havasu each year in March, so for a quiet getaway, choose another month (like February, which we did).
More Romantic Places in Arizona
Bisbee, AZ – a romantic destination in southeastern Arizona, Bisbee offers a step back in time with it’s narrow lanes, Victorian-style galleries and cafes, as well as the Brewery Gulch saloon.
Monument Valley - take a romantic Arizona road trip through this scenic piece of classic Southwest landscape between Arizona & Utah on US Route 163.
Romantic Arizona Train Trips:
- The Verde Canyon Wilderness Train takes you on an unforgettable ride from Clarkdale to Perkinsville, AZ, in what has been called Arizona’s “other Grand Canyon”. (800-293-7245)
- The Copper Spike Train Excursion departs from Globe, AZ for the 50 minute ride to the Apache Gold Casino. Romantic and historic coach seating as well as a unique 50’s-era dome car. (866-979-7245)
Grand Canyon, AZ - a top attraction for Arizona romantic getaways! Stops of interest for couples include the North Rim's Vista Encontada (nice picnic spot) and Lipan Point on the South Rim for it's great views and gorgeous sunsets.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific rating formula for romantic hotels which includes:
- Romantic Amenities: suites with an in-room Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families with kids, business travelers, etc)
with Couples & Honeymooners: based on variety of social media & crowd-sourced reviews.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages