Kentucky Romantic Getaways - Hotels & Packages for great escape
FTC: This page uses affiliate links. More.
By: Maureen Mattson, ERV Asst Editor - Posted May 3, 2019
The Bluegrass State (the plant, not the music) is a great place to be in 2021. Not-quite southern, not-quite mid-western, Kentucky stands alone as a unique year ‘round destination for romantic travel.
Romantic Sunset Behind the Big Four Bridge in Louisville, Kentucky
Please Note: Hotel rates listed are approximate only in USD, not including taxes, and subject to change due to seasonal adjustments.
Best Time for a Romantic Getaway to Kentucky: If you don't mind some heat and humidity, hotel rates can be cheaper during July and August in Louisville. If comfort is most important, late April/May is very pleasant, and the Autumn colors in October are really worth seeing. (Note: Kentucky Derby is usually the first weekend in May, so expect Louisville hotels to be full for that event months in advance)
Romantic Louisville, Kentucky Hotels
Hilton Garden Inn, Downtown Louisville KY
Hilton Downtown Louisville KY Whirlpool Suite
- Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Downtown - The only rooftop restaurant and bar in the city is found at the Hilton Garden Inn. It’s also located close to plenty of restaurants and entertainment venues and downtown attractions. You’re right in the center of Derby activities. Rooms include free Wi-Fi, mini fridge and microwave, and in selected suites, an in-room Whirlpool tub for 2 persons. There's complimentary shuttle service too, and be sure to check out their Kentucky Romance Package, which includes sparkling wine and a hot breakfast. What Other Couples Liked: Walk to Fourth Street Live...Convenient Self-Parking Available...Rooftop Drinks! 2019 ERV Rating for Romantic Hotels in Louisville, Kentucky: 82% - Very Good. Rates from $129/night. (350 W Chestnut St, Louisville KY 503-584-5175)
The Brown Hotel in Downtown Louisville
Room at the Historic Brown Hotel
Historic Southern Charm:
- The Brown Hotel - Louisville’s Georgian Revival-style landmark hotel is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. With its stunning rooftop garden, culinary excellence and historic Southern charm, The Brown makes for a wonderfully romantic stay in Louisville. You can also check out their Romantic Louisvillle KY Hotel Package. What Other Couples Liked: Make Sure to Try a Hot Brown...Total Southern Feel...Terrific Piano Player in the Lobby. 2019 ERV Rating for Romantic Louisville KY Hotels: 90% - Excellent. Rates from $169/night. (335 W Broadway, Louisville KY 503-209-7346)
- Omni Louisville Hotel - Taking in the stunning city views from the rooftop pool and bar, sipping cocktails while bowling inside an old fashioned speakeasy, or letting go of stress at the Mokara Spa are all part of the experience at Omni Louisville. Its central location is also a plus for seeing all the attractions of downtown Louisville. 2019 ERV Rating for Luxury Louisville KY Hotels: 80% - Very Good. Rates from $152/night. (400 S 2nd St, Louisville KY 502-313-6664)
Package Vacations to Kentucky:
Romantic Things to Do in Louisville, KY
- Enjoy a Classic Mint Julep at
the Brown Hotel Lobby Bar - it’s the best one in town, blending history with
modern sophistication. The handcrafted drinks (they grow their own mint here!)
vintage memorabilia, and live piano music transport you back to a more romantic
- Dinner at RIVUE Restaurant – City
and river views from the 25th-storey, rotating dining room are truly
romantic! Reserve a table by the window in advance to catch the sunset view.
- Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides –
Several companies offer tours, but Louisville Horse Tram is the oldest and
largest company. They’ve even got a “Cinderella Coach” for the truly romantic.
- Ride the Belle of Louisville Steamboat – See Louisville and the Ohio River from a unique perspective while also stepping back in time to experience part of Kenucky’s unique history. Of course the sunset cruise is most romantic.
- Explore Iroquois Park – Walk the forested hillsides, then spend some time at the scenic viewpoints at the top of the hill. Movies and concerts are periodically offered at the amphitheatre.
- Romantic Stroll on the Big Four Bridge - a very pleasant way to take in the sights of the city and the Ohio River.
See Also - More Getaways in Nearby States:
Romantic Places to Stay in Lexington KY
Interior at the 21C Hotel, Lexington, Kentucky
Romantic Room at the 21C Hotel, Lexington
- 21C Museum Hotel - A boutique hotel, art museum and cultural center all in one! Right in the heart of the city, rooms at 21C are located in the historic National Bank Building, which features high ceilings and large windows. Lockbox restaurant serves up great cocktails and fresh local food. What Other Couples Liked: An Art Museum Right in the Hotel...Spacious Rooms w/Nespresso Machines...Right in the Heart of Downtown. 2019 ERV Rating for Romantic Louisville KY Hotels: 88% - Very Good. Rates from $180/night. (167 West Main Street, Lexington KY 859-899-6800)
- Lyndon House Romantic Lexington B&B - This beautiful home has been in the historic district of Lexington since 1883, but it’s got all the conveniences you’ll need. Sit together out on the back porch overlooking the garden and take it all in. There are 7 guest rooms over three floors, all of which have their own unique style. Tip: Ask about the 4 Lexington KY Romance Packages available at Lyndon House. What Other Couples Liked: Walk to Downtown Restaurants, Bourbon Bars & Shops...Beautiful, Cozy Bluegrass Suite...Great Common Areas, Charming Hosts. 2019 ERV Rating for Romantic Louisville KY Hotels: 92% - Excellent. Rates from $199/night. (507 North Broadway, Lexington KY 859-420-2683)
Romantic Things to Do in Lexington:
- Kentucky Bourbon Trail - A self-guided tour of 10 official bourbon whiskey distilleries around the State of Kentucky. The 10 official bourbon labels are found in Louisville (2), Lexington area (4), and South of Lexington. (Lawrenceburg, Versailles, Clermont, Loretto, and Bardstown.) Grab your official KBT passport and learn about an important piece of Kentucky history. Tour packages are available as well.
- Tour a Horse Farm - Kentucky has been called The Horse Capital of the World. Get a behind-the-scenes look at the people and horses that make Blue Grass Horse Country so special.
- Visit the Childhood Home of Mary Todd Lincoln - learn about the childhood of the 16th First Lady.
- Admire the Murals - enjoy local art in the form of 20+ murals on walls and buildings in the downtown area.
Romantic Weekends Away in Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Hotel SYNC - Offering rain shower heads, free
WIFI, kitchens and a calming atmosphere, SYNC is a great all-suite hotel. It’s a 5-minute drive from the
Corvette Museum and just 20-minutes to Mammoth Cave National Park. What Other Couples Liked: Free Morning Coffee Bar...Modern with a Boutique Hotel Feel...Staff Goes the Extra Mile. 2019 ERV Rating for Bowling Green KY Romantic Hotels: 96% - Excellent. Rates from $149/night. (518 Corvette Dr, Bowling Green KY 270-745-0123)
Romantic Things to Do in Bowling Green, KY:
- Check out Lost River Cave - This nature preserve includes an underground (cave) boat tour, zip-line, hiking trails and butterfly habitat.
- Tour Riverview at Hobson
Grove, a restored Victorian house and museum.
*ERV Rating: our unique, non-scientific ratings for romantic accommodation include:
- Amenities: including Whirlpool bath or JACUZZI® Tub, scenic view, fireplace, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families, business travelers, etc)
- Popularity: based on social media & crowd-sourced reviews
- Value: product offered compared to room rate
- Please Note: percentage ratings are not absolute but for comparative use only
top hotels, getaways & packages on ERV