Romantic Fort Lauderdale Weekend Getaway Ideas & Accommodation
Romantic Vacations Home
Lovin' it on the Weekend at the Beach in Romantic Ft.lauderdale, FL
By: Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Jul 16, 2018
Fantastic Ft. Lauderdale has moved on from the spring-break days of old, and is now an excellent year-round romantic vacation or weekend getaway destination for couples in South Florida. It’s all here: great beaches, sunny warm weather, nice places to shop and dine, and other romantic spots in South Florida at your doorstep.
Best Time for a Ft. Lauderdale Getaway or Honeymoon - although it's not the cheapest time of year, November to the end of April generally brings the best weather to Ft Lauderdale and South Florida, with mostly dry and warm days, and very comfortable evenings. Summers: the months of May to September are warmer and wetter, with higher humidity.
Romantic Hotels in Ft Lauderdale
Sheraton Plantation Suites
Sheraton Plantation Suites - Ft Lauderdale West
Pool at the Sheraton Plantation Suites
- Sheraton Plantation Suites Ft Lauderdale West - we've been to many Sheraton Hotels, and have yet to meet friendlier check-inn staff than this Sheraton near Ft. Lauderdale. The room was spotless, we loved the lobby and bar area downstairs, and parking is free and just steps from the hotel. An extra romantic touch: the Rooftop pool has panoramic views of the area. What Other Couples Liked: Excellent Customer Service...A Great All-Suites Hotel...Beautiful Atrium. 2017 ERV Rating* for Romantic Plantation FL Hotels: 84% - Very Good. (311 North University Dr, Plantation, FL 954-424-3300)
More Romantic Ft Lauderdale Accommodation
View Suite - Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach
Beach Across from Courtyard Fort Lauderdale
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach - rated as one of the best hotels on the beach in Ft Lauderdale. Popular with couples on anniversary and honeymoon vacations, the Courtyard offers outdoor pool & bar, sun deck, ocean view rooms & suites, and romantic on-site dining. 2017 Rating* for Romantic Ft. Lauderdale Beach Hotels: 80% - Very Good. (440 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale FL 954-524-8733)
- The Pillars Hotel Fort Lauderdale - for couples interested in a luxury romantic Ft. Lauderdale hotel, the Pillars gets great reviews for excellent Art Deco-style accommodation, friendly staff, and superb location just a short walk from the beach. 2017 Rating* for Romantic Ft. Lauderdale Hotels: 94% - Excellent. (111 North Birch Rd, Fort Lauderdale FL 954-467-9639)
*New: Fort Lauderdale Hotels With Hot Tub Suites
Ft Lauderdale Weekend Getaway & Honeymoon Packages
Hotels, Condos and Resorts along the Beach in Ft Lauderdale, Florida
- Pelican Grand Beach Resort Romance Package - special offer on romantic weekend or honeymoon in Ft Lauderdale. With champagne and strawberries, a gourmet dinner, evening turn-down and breakfast the next morning, it'll almost feel like you're in an all-inclusive beach resort...in Ft Lauderdale!
Romantic Things to Do in Ft Lauderdale
Las Olas Blvd in Downtown Ft. Lauderdale
Las Olas Boulevard – go for a stroll down this trendy avenue of shops, galleries and restaurants. We love Pan'e Dolci Italian Bakery for their Cappuccino and almond cookies...
Water Taxi - Great for exploring Ft. Lauderdale's canals and waterways, sightseeing (see the cruise ships!), or hopping off to shop or dine at one of the 14 stops. www.watertaxi.com
Ft Lauderdale Beach – we always enjoy visiting Ft Lauderdale beach whenever we are in South Florida. After fun in the sun & sand, go for a walk on the promenade where there’s numerous lunchtime eateries and beachfront bars great for enjoying a drink and even some live music.
Romantic Ft Lauderdale Dinner Cruise – the Jungle Queen Riverboat departs from the Bahia Mar Beach resort for dinner cruises every night at 6 PM. (954) 462–5596.
Day Trip to Bahamas – Discovery Cruise Lines departs Port Everglades 6 days a week for day cruises to Grand Bahama Island with all-inclusive meals and drinks on your way to a relaxing day on Grand Bahama island. www.daycruisebahamas.com.
Elope in Ft Lauderdale – for elopements and small weddings in Ft Lauderdale, Laid Back Boat charters offers custom-made luxury and romance cruises perfect in their hot tub boat! (954-298–7507)
*ERV Rating for Couples: our unique, non-scientific rating formula for romantic hotels which includes:
- Romantic Amenities: such as an in-suite JACUZZI® tub or Whirlpool bath, scenic view, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families with kids, business travelers, etc)
with Couples & Honeymooners: based on variety of social media & crowd-sourced reviews.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages