Ideas for Vacations in June 2018 - Best Spots for Romantic Getaways
Romantic Vacations Home
June is the Perfect Month for a Romantic Getaway in Quebec City's Old Town
By Greg Mattson, ERV Editor - Updated: Oct 29, 2017
If you’re thinking of a late spring/early summer romantic getaway and wondering where to vacation in June 2018, here’s some suggestions and tips on June travel destinations.
June is almost the best of both worlds when it comes to travel in Canada, the U.S and Europe - warm temperatures abound (usually) and it's the "lull" before the storm of summer holidays in July and August. There's also no holidays in the U.S. in June other than Father's Day, so that means that airports and roadways are still manageable. Speaking of Europe...
Prague in June
June is a good month for a romantic vacation in Eastern Europe, and Prague remains one of the most affordable of Europe’s romantic cities.
The crowds and heat reach their maximum in July and August, so June gives you a blend of good weather and space to move around and enjoy the city's famous bridges, castle and Wenceslas Square.
Price-wise, this time of year in this city is almost high season, so you'll want to shop around for the best deals on Prague Vacations in June.
Anniversary Trips in June
We got married in June, so we’ve had some experience planning June anniversary getaways:
- Quebec City: Gorgeous any time of year, but you can explore the narrow streets in your short sleeve shirt!
- Salt Spring Island, BC: Lots of great hikes and terrific B&B’s make this gulf island off the west coast of Canada a favorite.
- 10 Year Anniversary Trips - if June marks ten years for you both, plan a great getaway with some ideas on destinations, holidays with and without kids, all-inclusive resorts & more.
June Honeymoon Destinations
- Lazing by the beach with the movie stars in the South of France.
- Fiji is a fine choice for a honeymoon or an all inclusive beach vacation in June (warm with lower humidity).
- Honolulu can be a great place to honeymoon in June, because the weather's great, and a lot of couples don't always consider the Hawaiian islands during the North American summer.
Early Summer in the Canadian Rockies
Hidden Ridge Resort in Banff National Park - Ideal June Getaway
June is one of the best times to visit Canada's Rocky Mountains. Plan your romantic vacation here before school summer holidays start (late June), and you'll enjoy the Rockies at their best!
Reasons Why Rockies Vacations in June are an Excellent Idea:
- Daylight hours are long and reasonably warm
- Hotels and tours are open again for the season
- Lakes are ice-free
- Golf courses are looking good (watch out for the odd bear though!)
Hidden Ridge Resort, Banff, Canadian Rockies - one of the top rated resorts in Banff National Park, and a beautiful place for couples vacations in June. 1 and 2 bedroom loft condos and Jacuzzi suites have wood burning fireplaces, private balconies with scenic views, free WiFi and complimentary transit passes around Banff. 2016 Rating* for Romantic Banff Resorts: 81% - Very Good. (901 Hidden Ridge Way, Banff, Alberta 800-661-1372)
June Weather in Holiday Hot Spots
- Niagara Falls, ON - average highs of 77 F, lots of sunshine.
- San Francisco, CA - 66 F high temps, plenty of sun, very little rain, some morning fog.
- New York, NY - one of the driest months of the year, daytime highs of 77 F.
- Denver, CO - 81 F for a high temp, with many days clear or partly cloudy.
- Calgary, AB - expect highs of 57 F, lots of sunshine.
- London, UK - 70 F high temperatures, with chance of rain about 13 days of the month.
- Paris, France - high temps of 61 F, mostly sunny days.
- Venice, Italy - daytime highs of 68 F.
Best Romantic Beach Vacations in June:
USA: San Diego and Ft. Lauderdale are excellent choices for romantic beach getaways in June, and would have some of the nicest late spring weather in America. They're both definitely worth a visit before the out-of-school summer crowds hit.
Mexico: if you're thinking of the Mayan Riviera in June, Cancun can get some heavy showers, but they are often late in the afternoon, giving you plenty of sunshine and warm temps (average highs of 89 F) to enjoy before that.
Caribbean: Barbados, Tobago and Aruba all usually get reliably good weather in June.
Budget June 2018 Travel Ideas:
Arizona is a Very Warm & Cheap Romantic Vacation In June
Cheap Vacations in June: if you holiday where the weather is hot in June, particularly in the warm destinations of southwest USA, you can enjoy a cheap June holiday in a luxury 4 and 5 star resort for much less expense than what they normally sell for! We usually check for the best off-season rates in:
- Las Vegas - average daytime highs are about 100 F, but all the resorts are air conditioned, and some of them (Caesars, MGM Grand, Bellagio and Venetian just to name a few) have absolutely fabulous pool areas!
- Palm Springs - daytime high temperatures are a toasty 104 F. You can still golf (early tee times like 7 AM are the best), and many resorts have misting systems pool-side which help to keep you cool.
- Arizona - also reaches an average of 104 F during June. Late last spring for our anniversary, we booked a nice room at the Firesky Resort in Scottsdale for $95/night. It's got a gorgeous pool area with plenty of shade under the palm trees, pool bar open and ready, and pool water temperature just right for very hot days.
*ERV Rating for Couples: our unique rating formula for romantic hotels which includes:
- Romantic Amenities: such as an in-suite JACUZZI® tub or Whirlpool bath, scenic view, lounge, etc
- Location: proximity of hotel to restaurants, pubs, downtown, etc
- Clientele: demographic the hotel
attracts (couples, families with kids, business travelers, etc)
with Couples & Honeymooners: based on variety of social media & crowd-sourced reviews.
Excellent Romantic Vacations - Top Pages